2/14 Stu AMPS 309, +2 166, +4 217, +6 261. . . PMPS 320

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA), Feb 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

yesterday: viewtopic.php?p=61866#p61866

Happy Valentines' Day to all Cats and Beans!
    Stu is wearing his pink suit for the start of the day, but by the time the party starts maybe he'll want to change into yellow. This morning was special: Stu found a favorite toy that had been hidden under a radiator for a long time (a small green mouse named "Emily Green"--after Emily, who gave the toy to Stu, and the green color). He played with "Emily Green" for quite a while.
    Yesterday was a good day with almost all yellows and blues. We hope for much the same today. Stu is looking forward to seeing all of his new friends at the party.
    Ella & Stu
    P.S. Hoping to do an every-2-hours curve today, but Stu's ears are pretty tattered. We'll try and see how it goes.

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: 2/14 Stu AMPS 309

I'd say you had a few pretty blues in there yesterday!
    Very nice!

Have a good day Ella! And Happy Valentine's Day to you too!

3. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi! We did a "curve" (readings every two hours) today. I was hoping to find out when Stu's nadir is, but according to the numbers today, it is at +2!!! This is weird. After the 166 at +2, the climb was gradual through the yellows to PMPS, where we are back in the pink (suitable for Valentines' Day??!). Stu's ears are about to fall off, so I'm glad the cycle is over. Tomorrow we'll do the minimum number of BG tests to give him a chance to heal. If you all can take time from the birthday and Valentines' Day parties, please have a look at Stu's SS. We have just completed 8 cycles at 2.75 units, but I want to stay at this dose for a while because we will be away from home for much of next week (Stu comes with us) and I don't want to experiment.
    Happy Valentines' Day to you all and to your much loved kitties.
    Ella & Stu

4. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Hey Ella, Looks like you saw some better numbers today--Yellows & blues are good & lead to blues & greens eventually!
    I usually do a +2,+4,+6, as Moonie's nadir is between +4 and +5 these days..You can do a +3 and +6 to see some other views of the possible nadir time, but you are doing really great so far! Have a good ni ni!

5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

If no one has mentioned it, the nadir is not fixed. It can be at any time during the cycle. Ideally, the low point is somewhere closer to the middle of the cycle, but not always.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.