2/14 Tasha's PMPS 149 +4 =95 +9=121

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Linda and Tasha, Feb 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linda and Tasha

Linda and Tasha Member

Second morning on 0+

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 2/14 Tasha's AMPS=141 Lantus 0+

Linda:

I'm presuming your finicky eater has eaten something this AM. Could you re-test in a couple of hours to see if she's pulled her BG numbers down?

3. Linda and Tasha

Linda and Tasha Member

No food after 8 am and amps at 10. wonder if cats have dawn effect like people do?

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Good point - indeed they do. If you look at some of the SSs of the kitties who are on OTJ trials or very close, you'll see that on many of them, the AMPS number is the last to come down. Cortisol secretion can inflate the AMPS number.

5. Linda and Tasha

Linda and Tasha Member

Re: 2/14 Tasha's AMPS=141 (Lantus 0+) +3=96

I see. that still doesn't explain the higher PMPS too although those could be from eating.

6. Linda and Tasha

Linda and Tasha Member

Re: 2/14 Tasha's AMPS=141 (Lantus 0+) +3=96 +7=137

Tasha ate before the +7. Not sure how much before, but her bowl was empty.

7. Linda and Tasha

Linda and Tasha Member

Re: 2/14 Tasha's AMPS=141 (Lantus 0+) +3=96 +7=137 +8=190

+8 190 (she ate before the BG)

8. Linda and Tasha

Linda and Tasha Member

Re: 2/14 Tasha's PMPS 149

PMPS=149 Not sure there was insulin in the syringe. Was supposed to be a fat 0. Plunger felt like nothing.

9. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Re: 2/14 Tasha's PMPS 149

come on, Tasha, let's bring these numbers down a little bit!

Can you practice measuring the dose with water or juice to be sure you're getting a consistent amount each time? I know it's a huge pain to measure such a tiny dose, but it does look like Tasha needs it for right now. You can also experiment with food timing. Since Tasha seems to have a pretty big food spike sometimes, she might benefit from shifting more of her food into the first half of the cycle and little or no food in the second half (when the insulin is not working as hard to combat the food).

10. Linda and Tasha

Linda and Tasha Member

Re: 2/14 Tasha's PMPS 149 +4 =95

+4 =95
    @ libby...Tasha will graze and not eat at one time. She is very finicky. If I withhold food she just wont eat it later if she doesn't get it when she is hungry. When she is hungry she eats just a little at a time. Apparently she got the fat 0 by the fact that she went to a 95. I think it is just so small, that it can feel like nothing when you push the plunger. I know I had the syringe in the right place.
    I know from my daughter (type 1 diabetic), that 1 hour after eating a bg of 190 is normal. It maybe what you or I may read after eating. Not a high spike but within range.
    Thanks for your input. I wish I could get her to eat when I want. She is just 7 lbs and was never very interested in food prior to being dxd. As you can see, she started with .5 when first dxd and quickly went to a .25 when she went to BID from SID. She is very insulin sensitive and a .1 can cause some severe drops into the 30s. I hope the numbers level out at this small amount. I really have no place to go if they don't.

+9=121 Gave a little food after bg. She ate before but I am not sure when. Her bowl was empty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.