2/15 Baby PMPS 264 +3 242

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Nicole & Baby, Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Baby ate good this morning...
    please help me get my mind around this.
    Baby has good litter box skills - meaning she cleans herself, etc.. no accidents.
    This morning she got in her box & when she got out - she was kind of crouched down & not moving.. so I thought maybe she could not fit through the door way - so I cracked the door open a little more - but her back legs wouldn't move.. so I picked her up & all the sudden they were fine - she walked (limping her left leg - dragging it - like it was numb or something) anyway.. she went over & sat down on the carpet & started cleaning herself & a little (log of pooh) fell from her. I watched her after that & she was totally normal.. legs everything. All morning long she was jumping up & down the apartment - on to her cat tree, etc - so I know there was not an injury - I am freaking out.. I honestly think that it was just the pooh stuck that was bothering her... HELP! :?

I watched her walk for awhile before leaving for work & she acted totally fine.

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: 2/15 Baby AMPS 213 +2 265 Scary morning....

Ive seen that!! pooh stuck on leg and kinda makes them act like that
    calm down and breath, see what else you get for feedback, but I will tell u Ive seen it too.

3. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

I've seen similar "poo freakouts" from my kitties too, but would really keep a close eye on her! I wonder if she was straining to get the poo out if that could make her back leg muscles go wonky. Like Ronni, I'm interested in what others have to say too.

Everything else normal for Baby this morning?

4. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Sounds like s tuck poo to me. They walk and act really funny when that happens. (I suppose I would, too... Ooh. Sorry for that image, folks. Very sorry.)

5. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Definitely a poo problem!! Cats freak out when their poo mechanics go awry!!--I have found some outside LB--
    Moonie who has had neuropathy for 2 yrs now, does weird things when it gets stuck!
    No Worries--Watch that it doesnt happen too frequently..OK? Have a good day

6. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

My vote goes to stuck poo, also. My kitties always act alittle wierd if there is a little poo stuck to them. Sometimes they hop or sometimes they zip around and look at their butts like it shouldn't be there. A few weeks ago, I saw Spot get out the the litter box take a few steps in the direction he was going, sit down, and scoot on the carpet (like dogs do) for a second or two and just get up and continue on what he was doing...he left a small piece of poo behind....it was the funniest thing I'd seen in a long time. And yes, I cleaned the carpet after I picked up the poo, lol

7. Nicole & Baby

(((Thank you)))
    I am breathing now.. I need a case of Valuim too.. The more I think about it.. Maybe she was scooting on her bum.. Geez… sorry to get so graphic - I was just so scared & will most defintely keep an eye on her. Everything else is totally normal & that includes her moving around now too! Have a Blessed Beautiful Day!!

8. Michele and Esse

Michele and Esse Well-Known Member

LOL, so would I.

The funniest stuck poo moment I've ever had was with Tron (GA)...he got some stuck on his tail, and ran around screaming...the poo kept following him, he kept running and yelling...probably a good 5 minutes. Finally, I tackled him, and got the offending tootsie roll off his tail; he walked away like nothing had happened. LOLOL.

Cats do strange things with poo stuck on them...if Baby is doing fine now, I'd chalk it up to a poo-event.

Best-
    Michele

9. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Re: 2/15 Baby AMPS 213 +2 265

I am pretty sure that is was the pooh stuck that bothered her. My Persian does that sometimes. Baby most likely got out of the litterbox and realized that the pooh was either still stuck in her behind (hadn’t quite come out all the way) and she continued to crouch as if she was going to continue to go on the floor, or something was stuck to her rear and she didn’t know what it was. This happens with my Persian BUT she always scoots her butt along the floor. :roll:

I also have one that if she even gets a minute amount of water on her feet she limps like her leg is broken. Freaked the heck out of me the first time I saw it.

Baby might be a little constipated. I bet you anything that when you say her back legs were not moving when you opened the door…it was because she was still trying to go while outside the box. Pooh hurts :-|

10. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

note to self:
    Add Baby's condo to list of those not to read while eating b'fast ohmygod_smile
    Dont worry, there are a few others on that list as well! :lol:

Glad everything is okay.

Hope you have a great day!

11. Monique & Spooky

Monique & Spooky Well-Known Member

Oh no! That was really graphic.........I've witnessed simular. Socks always freaks out after poo. He jumps down from the toilet (on occasion before it has let go, which means I find a log on the toiletseat or on the floor next to the toilet. He usually then throws himself onto the bathroom floor and starts cleaning his backside fiercely before getting up and moving on like nothing happened. I've seen them shaking a back leg like crazy beacuse they think something is on there. Once I clipped one of my daughters little hair clips onto Socks fur and he went bonkers walking like his leg was broken and shaking and flinging himself to get it off. I thinks cats are a little OCD when it comes to cleanliness. :lol:

Anyway I haven't visited Baby in a while and I was openeing her SS with the thought I might suggest a dosecrease, and Tah-dah you already did that this morning. Good luck with it, she is still on a very low dose and isn't doing bad at all. Sometimes you have to go up in order to be able to come down.

12. Tina & Sammy

Tina & Sammy Well-Known Member

Carolyn, that is too funny. LOL!

13. Nicole & Baby

Re: 2/15 Baby AMPS 213 +8 290

(((Thanks everyone))) for helping Baby & I! I just went home from lunch to check on her & her BG - geez…. Talk about high - I used to be able to shoot her & at least know that her BG would go down with the help of Insulin - now (typically) it just increases after the shot. I am soooooo confused about this. confused_cat

14. Nicole & Baby

Re: 2/15 Baby PMPS 264 +3 242 I have really messed up I think

**Messed up my SS not Baby**

I do not know how to fix this.. I think my fat .50 was .75 & now my .75 is 1 unit?
    My plunger for .75 is at the bottom of the 1 unit. For 1 unit is the plunger at the top of the 1 line?

Geez.. I have now messed up my entire SS. Baby is fine.. the dose has only been in .25 increments.. but I don't want everyone wondering what I am doing.. because now I am even wondering ohmygod_smile ohmygod_smile

15. paige

paige Well-Known Member

(((((Nicole))))) I am sure it has happened to alot of people. Those darn syringes are hard to read sometimes! Baby is ok....

16. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

well....... as long as you're consistent it really doesn't matter what you call the dose. So no worries!

17. Nicole & Baby

I think I will fix this by making my fat .50 a .75 on my SS & so on...

Oooooooo Libby & Lucy..... Piage & Webber (((Thank you)))

18. Erica & Moses

Erica & Moses Member

Sorry about the poo hustle today w/Baby! No fun. It can be scary if you think the kitty's not feeling well. I know Moses blasts out of the LB going 40mph, he does NOT like the poo touching those footers. Of course... who would?

Moses supposes his toes are roses.

I get a little iffy with my marker on my syringe too. Seems like Baby's right on target, though :mrgreen: Hope you too have a nice relaxing night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.