2/15 Latte amps~115, pmps-288, +3.5-300

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by carolynandlatte, Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Okay-
    1st test- 96
    retest- 116
    retest 106
    waited 10 min 115, shot 2 units

FREAKED OUT! :shock:
    Im home all day, but have to shoot and run at pm. Not too worried about pm cycle, as it has pred involved and I will only be gone 1st 3hrs. Can be home to monitor until then (so much for errands), have strips and karo/food.

I did mix a little Karo in her a.m. food to try and make it more MC, as Latte tends to drop in the a.m. cycles a lot and cannot have any of the typcial MC/HC foods. She did not eat well last night. She is a slow to start eater in the a.m. Eating a little faster/more than usual this a.m., but not a lot (another reason I added karo).

I will probably test +.5 (in about 5 minutes).

Holy Crap! I cant believe I shot that! nailbite_smile Never shot so low on a morning cycle. This is a newer dose. She went down to 60 on it @ +3 yesterday.

yesterday
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6263
    pmps-242ish
    +3-300-somethin'
    +5.5-285
    (why the heck didnt she eat overnight with that kind of drop into the a.m.?)

FIRST POST THIS A.M.:
    I have to shoot or not. cant delay more than another 5 minutes because I have to shoot at 6pm tonight...and leave for work.

crap!

(will edit all later when on computer vs phone)

2. Amy and Pedro

Amy and Pedro Member

Re: 2/15 latte amps~115 (shot) eyes this a.m. plz

Hi Carolyn,
    Good you can be home all day. Much less anxiety for you.
    No expert here but I have been in the same position recently and all advice was to go ahead- shoot low to stay low...
    I have been shooting with numbers below 100 and that is very new for me and cause for nail biting. BUT they were right and after several cycles I have seen that he is now beginning to surf nicely.

So deep breath and keep all your tricks of the trade handy.

3. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Re: 2/15 Latte amps~115 (shot) eyes this a.m. plz

You got your BOS today :D :D --I shot that number this week, and even so, still said EEEEKKK!!
    But you will be home for most of it yes??
    And Latte wil eat on his own if he feels himself go low...Yes??
    You are in control..You have the tools (just said this to Gayle)
    Latte is doing great..You are doing a great job!! We'll be watching! :shock: :shock:

4. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Hi Carolyn, No advice to give...your situation is a bit different than most with the prednisone and the not eating much....just lending support here. But it's good that you shot it...you're home to see what the results will be and that's a good thing to add to your SS. I don't think I would have added the Karo though, Latte is liable to go sky high even with a little. But what's done is done, so maybe a more knowledgeable bean can speak to that issue...what to give Latte to bring her up when she won't eat mc or hc. I use Temptations treats with Morris...I have never met a cat (or dog) that didn't love Temptations...too bad they're high carb!

5. carolynandlatte

+.75-96

She has eaten approx 1/2 3oz can wellness, with karo and whisker lickens treats on top (always with treats on top! :lol: ). Never put the karo in anything but spoonfuls of baby food when too low, so not sure if Ive put in enough/too much??!?! But she aint going up, thats for sure. nailbite_smile

dang! I hope I did the right thing. I really dont care to have her this low, but I didnt want to mess up the progress we made after such a rough few weeks.

be back with another test in about 30-45 min, I guess.

6. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 2/15 Latte amps~115, +.75-96 eyes this a.m. plz

Morning Carolyn....glad you are home and the testing will keep you aware of what Latte is doing....
    good job...hope you have a good morning...it certainly will be an interesting one.... :mrgreen:

7. carolynandlatte

Karo has been suggested time after time to make lc food into mc or hc. All mc/hc food, that Im aware of has grains and other things in it that will potentially cause more problems to her GI system. Its not that she wont eat it...Im certain she will. MMMMMM.....the juice! How she is denied to rights of all other cats. :sad: Vomiting is the LAST thing we need at a time like this.

Other times Ive put karo in babyfood (1-2 drops in a tbsp) to get her above 50, it can take a long time for that to show effect. ecid, I guess

And no - would NOT recommend this route as standard practice for anyone else. This is a unique situation (in case any new folks out there are wondering. ;-) )

PS- latte does not often eat the temptations! :lol: She used to, but turns them down most of the time, now. Go figure

8. Roni and Moonie

Do what is right for you, as you have different circumstances than others, & you know what works for your cat..Dont stress, he's still in a good number..And maybe see if you can keep him surfing without the karo... Maybe only use it if he goes uncomfortably low?
    How about a +2? Will that work for you?

9. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

surf, Latte, surf!

10. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

These look like such nice numbers to me. Is there a reason Latte should not go this low? I apologize if I am forgetting something.

Hope you have great numbers all day!

11. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

I hope that Latte surfs the day away for you! I'm impressed....you got some BOS this morning...good girl! Yep, shoot low to stay low, and it's nice that you can be home during this cycle to keep an eye on him. Good Luck, Carolyn and Latte!!

12. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Adding Karo/syrup to LC (or baby food) isn't that unusual if you have a kitty with gluten allergies. I want to say that there are a couple of beans who also do this (I think Talbot?). It's also a good option if you run out of MC/HC food! The Wellness shrimp, herring and something else is MC if Latte can eat fish.

You did earn your BOS today. I think you're handling Latte's numbers beautifully. Remember that you won't see the same kind of drop as if she was in the pinks. Keep surfing Latte!

13. carolynandlatte

+1.5-103
    +2-108
    no food between 1.5 and 2, she ate approx 3/4 can. Switching out that food w/karo to a new flavor without, now that I see she is not dropping. I know the testing may be excessive, but I really needed to see, so I feel more comfortable in the future.

Thank you deb- you know, on the rare occassion she throws me a low number like this in the a.m. I always have to go to work and usually skip. this was my chance. I couldnt wait either, because no ability to play with shot time for tonight. I will have to shoot 15 min early, but thats not too bad! Still shakin' in my boots! :lol: I cant believe I did it!

Lydia,
    Latte is a vomiter and unpredictable eater...picky as well. For example she didnt eat yesterday after bfast until 10:30pm! And she vomited once in between that. It's a lot better with the steroid, but you just never know. If she sits in low numbers and vomits, or refuses to eat for an extended period of time that could be really bad. She has shown she will eat with a large, quick drop. But not so much with low numbers, or slow drops.

14. Roni and Moonie

Re: 2/15 Latte amps~115, +.75-96, +2-108

It is looking Great! Keep up the nice numbers today Latte!! Great Job Carolyn.. :mrgreen:

15. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Those are great numbers Latte! Hope you are feeling well because of them too! Now keep on surfin' today!

16. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Carolyn,
    I don't believe in too much info; the more you test, the more you are learning and that is never a bad thing.

I know many do not want to test as often or can't, but I have to say that you can see your kitty's patterns with more tests. Those tests will tell you help you better care for Latte, and discover food combos and feedings that fit well for Latte.

Those are pretty nice numbers; well done Latte!

17. carolynandlatte

well, a drop from the 300's to 90's overnight was surely going to bring a bounce. I am SOOOOOO glad I shot! (can someone remind me of this next time) Hopefully she can clear it a little before pm so she does not have to put her pink or red dress on again. Its getting a little worn out after all these parties!

She ate a little more food (her own idea) between +2 and +3...wellness chicken, no karo.

Gave her a little extra sub q love, since I had to skip with low numbers yesterday a.m., and then the vomiting last night. She needed them!

All drugged up and ready to sleep for the day (latte, that is :lol: )
    Im just ready for a nap. The flurry of activity in my head has exhausted me. ;-)

Give her a break until +6 and see where the bounce may take her.

Thanks for the eyes this a.m.

18. Tina & Sammy

Tina & Sammy Well-Known Member

Re: 2/15 Latte amps~115, +.75-96, +2-108, +3-161

Wow, green two days in a row. Did you mail some of that green to Baby? It would really easy Nicole's mind.

19. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Great job this morning!!! :RAHCAT bcatrun_gif
    Raja & Shadow thank you for coming to their party and for the gifts...sending hugs & kisses!
    Hope you can both rest up after that drama! Great job!!!! :thumbup

20. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Carolyn
    Looks like Latte should be attending more parties, based on what her numbers
    have been like.
    What a nail biter you had this morning. Isn't it exciting though??
    Happy to see some progress going your way for your sweet Latte.
    Very nice surf going.

21. Amy'sWinston (GA)

Amy'sWinston (GA) Member

ok...what's a BOS??

What an interesting morning you've had my dear!

I think her numbers are looking fantastic...and a 98 & 108 are prrtty much the same number, so ...so far I'm not seeing the expected bounce. It may very likely come later, but I've got all my fingers crossed she can surf in this area for a bit longer today and give you a nice blue pmps! (And it's really hard working spreadsheets and calculators with my fingers crosed...but for you guys???)

Surf, Latte! The water is fine...and there are so many hot surfer-dudes! :lol:

22. carolynandlatte

Re: 2/15 Latte amps~115, +.75-96, +2-108, +3-161,+6~266

I was awoken from my nap a few minutes early - and just before +6- by a meowing cat, walking all over me. For a minute I thought, "*gasp* she is dropping again". But no - 266.

I cant imagine a few drops of karo did that and is keeping it up 5-6hrs later!
    She sure is bouncing A LOT on this dose.

She wanted more food! Goodness she has almost polished off 2 ,3 oz cans of wellness by noon! She must have been dancing up a storm last night to get such an appetite. :mrgreen:

Speaking of dancing, parties, etc...when I awoke this a.m., latte popped up. She sat on the ramp next to my bed and did this little 'pet me, turn around, pet me, turn around' dance for a few minutes. It was VERY funny and energetic (for her). Then I noticed a spot...and another..and another...and I thought, uh-oh...YOUR DRIBBLING!!!!!!!!! GO TO THE BATHROOM IN YOUR BOX PLEASE-NOW! :eek: (well, I didnt think it. I said it outloud :lol: ). I stopped petting her and showed her the litter box. ohmygod_smile

Im guessing she was so tired when she got home she slept through the need to pee. Then she was so excited to tell me about the party, she peed herself! :lol:

Oh the joys of a geriatric cat :roll:

23. Amy'sWinston (GA)

Amy'sWinston (GA) Member

Re: 2/15 Latte amps~115, +.75-96, +2-108, +3-161,+6~266

No...I too would suspect this being a bounce and not lingering effects of 2 drops of Karo 6 hours ago. The karo usually wears off fast, and that's why you try to get them to eat food if they hypo...the sugar from food is sustained much longer than a bit of syrup.

...we can always modify a baby diaper for her! :lol:

24. carolynandlatte

Latte and I are not on speaking terms at the moment! :evil:
    I rarely get mad at her, but she would not get up to greet me. Ive only known her to do that when she was very, very ill with the renal failure.
    I came home from work and had to test, medicate, and spoon feed her babyfood under the piano (trust me - the set up does not make it easy). I loved on her before hand and afterwards. I nudged her gently, gave my bright eyed look and excited voice out to get her up. No go! Then she got crabby with me. grr_red So I turned off all the lights and left her. :sad:

Okay - she looks really comfy, wagging tail, cleaned self, purring, etc. But still. She has never not greeted me and dropped on her side for skritches. So I was worried she cant stand up and use her back legs. Only because that has happened once before do I worry about that. She is probably fine. But Im grrrrrrrr, mad and scared because she wont get up! plus she has not eaten more than 2/3 can babyfood since b'fast and I want to get her up and encourage her to eat more.

Anyway...todays rundown:
    amps-93/119/106/115 ( reading off meter so numbers are exact for once! ;-) )
    +.75-96
    +1.5-103
    +2-108
    +3-161
    +6-277
    +9-325
    +10.75-285
    pmps(+11.30)-288 had to shoot 15min early because I needed to keep on sched, so pmps early so I could try and get a few tsps of food in her, and meds
    +3.5-301

Considering she was just barely clearing a bounce at the end of a cycle AND going into a pred cycle, Im impressed. Was fully expecting a belated valentine greeting @ +3.5

Back to work tomorrow- short school day, so will be home until +5.
    Met with a family yesterday for a nanny job. Looks good to probly start once my 'new' temp position ends at this school in March. They want me to start NOW, :lol: - when it rains it pours! Im looking forward to the strong possibility of a regular income. And the hours are great- 9:30-2:30, with some flexibility so I can keep some of my other work. regular income is so important to be able to continue caring for latte...and maybe replace some of my holey shoes!!!! :YMSIGH:

25. carolynandlatte

Well lookee there! She not only walks, but eats! And...she wants to be my friend again!

Now, time for bed. Ni ni!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.