2/15 Logan AMPS 357, +6 320, PMPS 380

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kelly & Logan, Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelly & Logan

Kelly & Logan Well-Known Member

Yesterday:
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6300

Logan didn't eat especially well this morning, he was a little fussy for some reason. Hope that gets better. I manged to get him to eat 1/4 can chunky chicken FF and 3/8 can of cod/sole/shrimp FF. He also ate about 2/3 of a FF appetizer. I'm trying not to give him too many of those since they're not nutritionally complete.

His AMPS of 357 is better than last night's 415. Hoping he goes the right way today!

2. Amy and Pedro

Amy and Pedro Member

Re: 2/15 Logan AMPS 357

Sending all positive thoughts waves for a great Logan day

3. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Good morning Kelly!
    It's always good to see a better number when you get up in the morn; I am sure Logan will continue to imrpove on his numbers through the day.

Ugh the fussy finicky feline! These days, that's the norm with Shadoe, but I imagine you need to get Logan eating to keep his strength while he recovers.
    I am glad to hear that he finally deemed a few of your choices worthy of eating.
    I know that the appetizers may not be complete, but they are food so they can supplement the more nutritionally complete foods he does eat.

Let's hope he feels a bit better as the day goes on and his appetite picks up a bit more.

Logan,
    I hope you are feeling better today than yesterday. Please go easy on your bean; she is doing her best and wants you to eat so you can recover and get healthy again.

4. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope he will continue to come down...how was the drain? Did he eat during the night at all?
    Hope he will be feeling better and better....so happy that he is home though....
    Feel better Logan! :YMHUG:

5. Kelly & Logan

Re: 2/15 Logan AMPS 357, +6 320

Still very fussy about eating. He's not interested in wet food. I gave him his appetite stimulant (hasn't had it since Wed - it's the 3 day one) at +4. At +4.5, he ate 1/4 can of FF chunky turkey (had to hand feed him) and 1/8 dry core with 1/3 jar of baby food mixed in. At +6, he ate a little over 1/8 cup of dry core with 2/3 jar of baby food.

His fussy appetite combined with his higher BGs and not feeling well make me worry the ABs aren't working as well as we'd hoped. He's going in tomorrow morning to see about getting the drain removed. We'll see what they say. I can't get him to purr today. :( I can tell he doesn't feel well.

6. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

We are sending some feel better and eating vines to Logan.
    Some days are going to be better than others.
    I hope he gets over this day and bounces back tomorrow
    and all goes well at the vet!

7. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Logan's had a rough time of it all, and I still think he's made some amazing progress, so it's easy to expect all of his recovery to continue at the same speed.
    Let's hope that he's just hit a patch that is slowing things down.
    He is eating a little bit, and while his numbers are high, they are not super high.
    Also, he's seeing the vet tomorrow so you can maybe get some adjustments to his tx and maybe a different A/B to put Logan back onto the road to recovery.

Everyone has rough days after surgery, so let's hope this is just one of Logan's off days.
    Hopefully, Logan will feel a bit better later today.

8. Judith and Thomas

Judith and Thomas Member

So sorry to hear Logan is making his Mama Bean worry today...I hope his appy improves over the day, and that tomorrow he will have a good check up. Hopefully just a blip on his way to feeling much better.

(((Kelly Logan)))

9. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Sending "feel better" thoughts to Logan and strength to you, Kelly. You're doing an amazing job with all this. Keep up the good work.

10. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

Awe, more feel better vines for Logan. Hope it's just a bump in the road. (((Kelly)))

11. Laura and Quincy

Laura and Quincy Member

Did Logan get into the Valentine's Day chocolates??!?! Come on little boy, let's get that good appetite back and those BG numbers down!

ETA: BTW, thanks for posting the sexy muscle shirt photo. So cute!

12. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

(((Logan)))

13. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

gosh, poor guy. you can raise dose after tomorrow night, which he clearly needs. hoping the vet can get him feeling better asap. good luck at the vet tomorrow, kelly. (((HUGS)))

14. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Feel better sweet Logan--He has made much progress since leavng the vet's--
    We were all scared for him, but he is a fighter & came through, just like he will come through this with the eating.
    He is still eating some & that's terrific--
    Sending eating & Healing vines to Logan, and Kelly--You are some great momma bean!! HUGS from us~!

15. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Hope Logan feels better and that he has his appy back!

16. Kelly & Logan

Still fussy about his eating, but he did purr a little just before dinner and meds. Since the dry core is so high calorie, he's managed to meet his daily calorie needs.

We are going to have to fast him tonight since they may have to sedate him to remove the drain. They said they usually don't, but it's a good possibility with him since he's so difficult. They said to give him 1/2 his insulin in the morning. I'll probably just give 2 units rather than 1.5.

I'm worried about him. He just hasn't felt very well today. Not sure what's going on...he has so many issues, how do you ever know?!

17. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

It must be so difficult...when you know he doesn't seem like himself...i am sorry that he is going through this.
    Maybe he will fee much better when the drain is removed. i just don't know how you will say no to him when he asks for food tonight. :roll: poor little guy....wishing you well for tomorrow. Please give him kisses from us....
    ((Kelly))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.