2/15 Max AMPS 371~+6 247~PMPS 413

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Randi & Max (GA), Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday's Condo

Good Morning.
    Hope everyone has recovered from yesterday's festivities.

8th cycle at 5.75
    We have not seen a stitch of green this tim on 5.75 and no green since the Feb 6.
    Also blue ie barely sneaking in as well.
    We caught a 159 at +5 last night but that is it.
    Max is looking stalled to me and not sure this dose is working.
    Yes I know sometimes he turns at the last possible time as well so I don't know when I should be increasing him back up.
    Also, Thursday night I will be out of town so he will be with DH. (Going away Thursday morning to Friday aternoon)

Other than the numbers, Max appears to be fine. He beat up on is sister last night. He wanted to sit where she was so he just sat on her - his 18 pounds to her 7, lol.

LB action is very good too. No accidents, poos are nice so Laxaday appears to work and not be bothering him, still pees quite a bit and at times is hanging by the water bowl.

From Carolyn & Spot last night:
    I'd personally (with my cat) go to 6u tomorrow night if I didn't see green between now and then, but I'd like to hear what Jill has to say. I'm on the aggressive side, and I might be missing something. (((hugs))) I feel your pain.

Any thoughts on what to do tonight PM shot?

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: 2/15 Max AMPS 371

:lol: must of the been a moon effect, cuz Luna's sis Bast was in a hissy mood and gave him a gash across the nose last nite!
    I can' believe Max sat on his sis! :lol: I hope u got a pic of it!!

Nice catch on the +5 blue last nite.

And yup see what Jill can add to that feedback from Carolyn.

Have a good Family Day!

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

If you want to have Jill take a look, you may want to drop her a PM and ask her to reply in your condo.

I do think you have room to go up but see what Jill has to say.

4. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Hey Randi,
    I have tons of pictures of Shadoe just plunking right down on top of Booboo all the time; Shadoe could care less! While Shadoe's only twice the weight, it still seems mean, but I do stop it if Shadoe is pushing into Booboo's 'special spots'.

I am sure Max and his sis have their own unique special spots, so I would say if it was in a community area, tough for her. If it was one of her own spots, I would move Max and politely explain that he can't have all the spots, even though he may feel like he can.

As for the numbers, it does sound like he is being stubborn, but then just look at Shadoe's surprise nite; Max may pull the same trick on you. At any rate, it's up to the experienced ss readers to say more.

Max,
    I know you may be slowed by the part last nite, but it's time to pull up your socks and get down from that color.

5. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

I usually do dose creases in the am when I am home! Looking at the Whole cat,Max seems to be great--
    Do consult with Jill, Miriam, or one of the learned ones..re: dose.
    You have some headway..Could throw a drop on it..Hey some of us just have those finicky kitties..
    Moonie had a good time with Max..wooo wooo!!

6. Randi & Max (GA)

Re: 2/15 Max AMPS 371~ +6 247

Max likes those flat lines, Pink or Yellow.
    Does not look like any blue today.
    Stubborn fellow he is.
    Well 6 will be easier to measure then this 5.75, if that's where we are headed.
    His pancreas just do no want to get with the program.

7. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

responding to randi's PM regarding a dose increase:

like carolyn, if max were my cat i would increase the dose to 6u tonight. there's plenty of wiggle room even though you're seeing blues. "IF" he ends up dropping too low for your comfort before you leave... the dose can always be dropped while you're gone and reinstated when you get back. i remember having to do that with alex when she was on insulin the first time.

just my thoughts...

8. Randi & Max (GA)

Thanks Jill
    I figured we still had room, jut a big sigh that we are going up again.
    We move to 6 tonight. Going for aggressive again.

9. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Hey Randi,
    Look at the bright side - now you have a line on the syringe for this dose! I love the doses with lines haha_smiley

10. Randi & Max (GA)

I know Gayle, I know!!!
    I was about to complain about hating measuring that 5.75, Yippee I get to measure a 6u, lol.
    Besides, Max was starting to miss being neck and neck with Shadoe.
    Here we come, look out.

11. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

PLEASE, don't let yourself feel that way, k? the idea is to give max (and every single kitty) what they need.. whether it's 2u or 52 units. max doesn't know or care how "much" insulin he's getting. he wants to eat and be loved... and that's about it. :D

you're probably thinking... "she doesn't know what she's talking about. she has a low dose kitty. she doesn't know what's it's like." and to a certain extent, you're absolutely correct. however, i arrived here in 2006 and haven't left (am probably the longest running poster in LL - lol!). i've seen many, many kitties come and go who have required minuscule doses on up to kitties who have required 60 some units of a basal insulin dosed bid... not to mention an additional countless number of units of a bolus insulin such as R. the caregivers share the same goal. kitties want to be loved and the caregivers are all working their butts off for their adorable kitties.

max just needs more insulin. thank g_d there's more where that came from... and we'll give him whatever HE needs.
    after all, he's a cat... and cat's RULE! :mrgreen:

hang in there, k? you ARE doing an awesome job with max!!!

12. Randi & Max (GA)

New increase dose at 6u.

Can't imagine what this 413 PMPS is.
    Certianly not rebound from anything.

Max barely ate his dinner and slept all afternoon.

Jill, thanks for that pep talk again. I guess it is the "control freak" ,"I need to know and understand everything" in me that makes me shake my head and wonder what the reason is that he is not responding well to the insulin. I know he has made progress but I have not been able to find a vet (I have conferred with 4 now) that understands or agrees to what I am doing so trying to discuss possible reasons for his numbers has led me nowhere.

13. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Hey Randi
    You forgot about the shed! You went up so it's gotta fill up.
    Don't worry, as soon as Max gets more sturdy on his legs, he will be down in his needs again.

I think of it like teaching a kid to swim in the deep end.
    Oh sure, they have the water wings, but they hold onto the side of the pool.
    When they feel strong enough, they let go and try to go it alone, but if they gets scared, they reach up for the side of the pool again. Eventually the fear passes, and they feel better.
    After the first try, they know a bit what it's like so their next try, they will stay longer away from the edge of that pool. And one day, they won't feel the need for the edge of the pool and finally they won't even need those water wings.

Max has taken that first step away from the edge of the pool. He may not have made it this time, but the best part is that he tried!

Think of it just like the first green, it's a shocker but there it is! Sure it disappears faster than you can blink, but the next time, it may just stick around a bit longer.

Baby steps and slowly but surely. No point in rushing it or forcing it.
    You would not bake a cake on broil, and the same goes for Max and his timetable.

Again, I say look to Max and see the happy cat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.