2/15 Moses PMPS 226

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Erica & Moses, Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erica & Moses

Erica & Moses Member

Moses is back in the blues, everybody! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

In fact, he was green last night ;-) I think his liver is doing some bouncy bounce for today. His peak is 30 points higher than his AMPS. He did eat a huge breakfast. Hopefully this dose increase to 1u has begun at the best time opportunity. I'd hate it to hit too hard!

And amazing news: He didn't yelp this morning with the injection! I tried a new technique with the angle of the syringe, I'm kinda lifting my arm like the elbows in the chicken dance and I think it helps the needle slide straight in and out. What a success!

Pat & Raja & Shadow - You mentioned yesterday to roll the syringe in my fingers before injecting. Do you mean I actually roll and touch the metal needle part? Or do you mean the whole syringe? Like a pencil between the fingers? Is this to heat up the insulin, or get rid of bubbles?

2. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Re: 2/15 Moses AMPS 161 +6.5~193

Yay, Moses! :) Don't let your liver panic too much, ok? Your bean is so happy with blues and greens, so try to hang in there. :)

Interesting about rolling the syringe. I'd love to find out what exactly Pat meant because I've never heard that before and maybe I am missing out on something! :)

3. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Erica this is wonderful!!! So glad to see that Moses is calming down into some lower numbers. :mrgreen:

4. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

if you roll teh part of the syringe with the insulin between your fingers it might warm the insulin itself up a little. Glad the syringe went in well today....sometimes, an angle too deep goes into the muscle. Good job Erica! Moses has some nice numbers going on here!! yay! :mrgreen:

5. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Just holding the syringe in your hot little hand will heat it up :lol: -No seriously it will..
    Then Moses wont mind too much (we hope)..

6. Erica & Moses

Erica & Moses Member

Ha! That made me laugh, Roni & Moonie :lol: hot little hands

Thanks for the tip, Pat & Raja & Shadow. Great advice, I tried it tonight, and voila! No yelp! :mrgreen:

Ya'll are awesome. Seems like Moses might be a rainbow boy tonight, we'll see if we get a third color in before bedtime. Still kinda sleepy. Still hungry for the greenies ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.