2/15 Nova AMPS=90, +5=46, PMPS=74, +2=50, +3=63, +5=58

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dawn & Nova, Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dawn & Nova

Dawn & Nova Well-Known Member

Nova was right by my side when I woke up this morning.. really happy.. she said one of two things:

"Mommy I fixed my blood shoogers for you!"
    or
    "Feed me now or die a horrible death!"

Not entirely sure which it was.. but she sprinted upstairs to her test/needle spot chatting it up.. didn't make any fuss for testing.. not even the typical "I have 18 claws.. so you stop touching my ears" empty threat squeeks she does.. and then she fussed over her needle.. what a weirdo.. happy backwards day Nova.

yesterday's

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: 2/15 Nova AMPS=90

nice WCR! and nice AMPS!
    :mrgreen:
    are u home today? if so - a +1 might be a good start!

3. Dawn & Nova

Yep.. I had hoped to celebrate Family Day today by going back to sleep.. so the 90 was met with mixed emotions.. 99% happy..but a little bit if ugh.. lots of tests today and no sleep! :)

4. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Dawn,

so nice that you know what Nova is saying to you. Of course depending on what she is saying, your life could be in jeopardy. :lol:

Have a good day!

5. Dawn & Nova

Re: 2/15 Nova AMPS=90, +1=130, +2=103, +4=67, +5=46

+5=46 - Man did that little furball freak me the heck out.. I tried to get her to get up for her test and she just wouldn't do it.. typically we test in the bathroom (and she runs up there on her own) but she just didn't want to go.. so I did her test while she was on the top of the 6 foot cat tree.

Then I saw the number and I tried to get Nova to have a snack of her normal food and she wasn't interested.. then I tried whiskas pouch gravy and nothing.. so I fed her a little bit of the meow mix cup.. about 1 tablespoon worth.. she went for that and then took interest in her regular food again so now she's eating a snack.. (1/4 can of FF).. that was a crazy 5 minutes..

She of course is fine.. she just wanted to freak me out..

so 46 at +5 seems a lil low.. what now? how soon after she finishes snacking should I test? 15 mins? 30?

6. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

So... dry food... correct? Dont expect the food to work rapidly. I'll have a look at your SS, but test again in 15 mins.

7. Dawn & Nova

Nope... wet.. the meow mix cups are little chunks in gravy.. sort of like the whiskas pouches... just in plastic cups.

8. Helene & Tizon

... and by the way.... Hello! Because I'm not sure that I've visited you before!

40s are not horible numbers. Look at Nova.... she's not falling over. Typically, the rule is "feed the 40s". Later in the cycle, such as now, regular LC (low carb) food should do the trick. Other options include to add a touch of gravy to regular food (gravy from a can of HC). The purpose is to bump the Bg to the 50s or so and for Nova to surf - just like on the 13th in the evening.

You might want to have a few flavours of HC on hand at your house as to keep the bean calm and all options open! Glad to read no evil dry kibbles. :lol:

Since Nova is a newly diagnosed cat, IMO, 47 gets her a dosecrease. This means that tonight's dose will the reduced to 0.75... but wait to have a few more opinions.

What do you think?

9. Dawn & Nova

Yeah she just freaked me out because she wouldn't move.. she usually comes pretty quick for test time (she gets soaked down with water and brushed for showing up..and loves it).. after she had a little bit of the meow mix wet she jumped down from the tree (2 seconds later, so I knew she was playing me).. and meowed for food.. I just glared at her :)

She finished most of the 1/4 can.. ate slow as heck though (umm cat what the heck is up with you!).. by the time I tested her again it was +6 and she was 74.

10. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

nice catch, dawn! i'd retest in another 30 minutes to make sure she's not dropping again.
    congrats on the reduction to 0.75 units! :mrgreen:

11. Helene & Tizon

Good... 74 is good.

Next time... because there will be next time! 40s require earlier testing. Depending on what the cat does - every cat is different and so is every owner, as well as how early in the cycle - 0.5 hour between tests Max; 15 mins is better ... I would say... just my opinion.

because I go away to return to having a life outside the computer, you may want to add the word "dose" to your 1st subject line so people can pop in an comfirm the dosecrease for tonight. Sounds good? See you around!

Well done!

Jill reads minds! :lol:

12. Dawn & Nova

Nova read this and decided to stay around 74 for the rest of the cycle.. you should be flattered..she doesn't listen to anyone..

If you wouldn't mind..could you tell her that being a lap cat is good too? I haven't had a lap cuddle from her in 5.5 years (since the day she met me at the shelter and decided to adopt me.. what a con artist :) ).

13. Ronnie & Luna

Re: 2/15 Nova AMPS=90, +5=46 (food), PMPS=74

isn't it awesome thou? I've often heard kitties get so much more cuddly after they start to feel better,,,at first in small ways then low and behold - they're all over u! :lol:
    It's wonderful to see that change in them.

Nice PMPS!!

14. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

For two weeks, Nova's SS is pretty amazing! Congrats on the dosecrease.

15. Dawn & Nova

Yeah unfortunately we've been at it for 4.5 months.. the first 2.5 was doing weekly curves at the vet .. lucky for me she simply loves the vet (we call it "the spa".. she really has a great time).. because I didn't know any better!.. then I found this place and changed diet/treats and started home testing.. kept a log book for the vet..only started putting it in the computer Feb 1.. the good news is.. we started at 1U.. worked our way up to 3U.. and since the diet change have worked our way aaaall the way down to 0.75.. I'm pretty happy about that :)

16. Dawn & Nova

Re: 2/15 Nova AMPS=90, +5=46, PMPS=74, +1=74, +2=50-need advice

Nova had a big meal at PMPS (almost 3/4 can of FF).. and at +2 she is 50.. any ideas how often I should be testing, when I should be feeding what and what the heck she is doing? +6 seems an awful long ways away to be at 50 already..

P.S. I fed 1/4 can FF after testing the 50.. she's crazy hungry..

17. Ronnie & Luna

u can retest 15min after that 50

or if it's close to 1/2 hour later, then retest that one

offer a bit of food, LC mix with a bit of MC (unless someone says otherwise) and post for help at your next retest

18. Dawn & Nova

ok its 20 mins past the last test... tested again shes at 52..

I imagine she must still be dropping..she had 4 or 5 freeze dried treats after the test 20 mins ago.. she inhaled the 1/4 can of FF I gave (and kept it down).. she's ridiculously hungry.. she even went after the little bit of crunchy food left over on a plate from over 2 hours ago.. she never does that.. will test again in 20 mins at +3.

19. Jill & Alex (GA)

dawn, you can give her another 1/4 can if she's wanting to eat.
    hopefully it'll be enough to get her surfing.

what you're seeing here is the residual effects from the higher dose...

20. Dawn & Nova

Re: 2/15 Nova AMPS=90, +5=46, PMPS=74, +2=50, +3=63

I fed her another 1/4 can of FF .. she inhaled it and kept it down.. not sure where little miss throw up if she eats too fast went.. but the new Nova is interesting too..

She actually hissed at me during her +3 test.. pretty sure she's tired of being told what to do today..

So my plan is to try to stay up until +5.. test her.. probably feed her.. and then try to get a few hours sleep before work.

21. Jill & Alex (GA)

it'll be nice if she surfs the 60s...

22. Carolyn and Spot

Carolyn and Spot Well-Known Member

Lookin' pretty awesome in here! Congrats on the new dose!

23. Dawn & Nova

Her hunger seems to have significantly calmed down.. she's back to being picky about flavours again.. didn't think that would ever bring me joy haha.. just gave her 1/4 can FF.. and she ate it.. but at quite a bit less then the speed of an industrial vacuum..

Leaving a bunch of food out while I go to sleep.. the 3 flavours of 1/4 cans she refused .. if she gets desperate it'll be there for her. Time for this cat mommy to sleep.. a long but I think successful day.

And as always.. and I too often forget to say it I think.. thanks so much for all the help!

24. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Hi Dawn! I read through your condo today and it looks like Nova had a great day! Also looks like Nova's mama has done her reading and research and is doing everything she can possibly do to help Nova dance this dance. You are doing a great job! Going from 3u to .75 is wonderful! I wish you continued success!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.