2/15 Quincy AMPS 88, PMPS 76, +3~36, +3.5~80

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Laura and Quincy, Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laura and Quincy

Laura and Quincy Member

We're starting the 5th day at 0.10 and Quincy seems to be not only holding his own, but has thrown up 3 green AMPS #s in a row. Amazing! He rarely is under 100 for his AMPS measure. I have been waiting for his curves to flatten and perhaps they finally will.

Unfortunately his vomit free streak ended on Saturday after 2 vomit-free weeks. We think he ate a lot more than usual on Fri, and hopefully that's what triggered it. Ready to start a new streak again, one that goes even longer than 2 weeks I hope.

Tomorrow is Quincy's vet appt - getting nervous. I hate everything about it. The drive is terrible because Quincy gets so nervous, the vet's office is usually crazy, and then waiting for the blood and urine test results is more and more nerve wracking. I'm glad at least Quincy seems to have improved over the past month, so I'm less sure I want to push for budenoside just yet. Though I wonder how long Quincy can remain on leukeran 3 days a week, no matter how well a job it does in keeping his cancer at bay. But he does seem to be really doing a lot better now than he has in a while [anti-jinx]. Maybe he's recovered some from first losing Cleo, my other cat, and then having to deal with the addition of a dog to the family.

Well, we shall see!

Last thread - 2/11

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: 2/15 Quincy AMPS 88

Quincy likes those 88's! :mrgreen:
    how's the eyeballing going with your .10u?

Go Quincy!
    The Visits are no fun for a scaredy cat, chill-ax tonight Quincy and be a brave good boy tomorrow!
    Sending good thoughts and soothing vibes to ya both! cat_pet_icon

3. Laura and Quincy

Laura and Quincy Member

The magnifying glass is a big help, and I think whatever I'm measuring, at least I'm doing so consistently. It's so hard! And I want it to be just right because he's still seeing some good action (i.e., drops as high as 25 points) at this dose so don't want it to be more than .10. And of course I don't it to be less just yet because I want to give Quincy as much a chance as possible to get his pancreas ready for a potential OTJ trial. I want that so badly! But am trying not to think that far ahead. Still, I'm really encouraged by how well he's doing at this low doses. I know my vet will be very pleased too.

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I'm so glad you stopped by the party yesterday! Quincy's SS is just remarkable. I hope he's feeling as good as it looks.

I hear you about vet visits. Gabby is not a happy camper when at the vet's office or in the car.

5. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck tomorrow....vet visits are very stressful....
    Nice AMPS for Quincy!

6. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Teddy has been on Leukeran since Dec 16, 2004. He was getting 4 mg daily for 4 days every 3 weeks until August 2009, at which point he switched his dosing protocol to 2 mg every 2nd day.

Good luck at the vet!

7. Laura and Quincy

Laura and Quincy Member

Re: 2/15 Quincy PMPS 76, +3~36 on .10 dose! What's next?

Wow! I can't believe Quincy dropped this much on a dose of 0.10. He ate a reasonable size dinner and was even snacking through the +1 point. Just fed him some food with Karo syrup mixed in, will retest shortly. My vet is going to scold me tomorrow! He doesn't like seeing numbers this low. I am really surprised though, given both the dose amount and that it was only Quincy's 5th day on it! I am wracking my brain thinking, did I measure it any larger, but I don't think so. I measure it so that there is a tiny sliver of light right under the zero line.

Now I'm wondering, what's next? I really, really think it's too soon for an OTJ trial for him. His AMPS numbers have only VERY recently dipped below 100. Made try something less than 0.10?

ETA: Potentially complicating things a little is Quincy has a vet appt tomorrow afternoon, so he's likely to run higher tomorrow due to that stressful event. I'm wondering if maybe he can/should stay at 0.10 through tomorrow?

8. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: 2/15 Quincy AMPS 88, PMPS 76, +3~36 yikes!

wowy!!

did u retest this number 15min from the +3? feed the gravy bit?
    not sure ur time right now....

I have seen kitties drop this low on this dose, mine was one of them! lol

9. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Re: 2/15 Quincy AMPS 88, PMPS 76, +3~36 yikes!

Yikes, Quincy!

You can try a fat zero. You're right, it would be nice to see at least a few more days of green before trying OTJ, if Quincy will cooperate with that plan. ;-)

10. Laura and Quincy

Laura and Quincy Member

Given Quincy's IBD/lymphoma issues and need for a narrow spectrum diet, I don't use different food when this happens. Instead, I mix a little Karo in with his regular food. So that's what I did tonight, and I was rewarded with a +3.5~80 for my efforts.

I'm on Pacific time. Will definitely get in at least one more check before I go to bed, but I think he's probably ok hypo-wise. As is standard Quincy, another dose reduction earned with drama! He actually has not earned a single decrease by staying under 100 for 7 days!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.