2/15 Twinkie~AMPS~301~.5/Beasley~205~2.00

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by dian and wheezer, Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6248
    twinks leg looks a little better since warm compresses, still favoring but not as much as yesterday. not as red or swollen or hard. the hard could have been from benadryl ceam drying it out too. appetites still good and he will lay there about an hour for compress.
    hope fully he can be seen today. well actually both of them cause beasley has a few spots also but he does not lick them or pull hair out as bad a twinkie.
    BTB til snakus time

pics and vid of twinkie in yesterdays post on here not community

2. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Wishing you luck getting an appointment for The Boys to be seen today.

3. dian and wheezer

have an appointment for 3:45 today providing roads remain clear. supposed to get 2-4 inches
    providing all goes well, would you shoot an hour early or an hour and a half late. all diabetics due at 4PM tests and shots

4. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Oh, those poor boyz. I hope the vet apt. can be made and things will be taken care of. Will be checking your condo for an update! Good Luck Orinch Boyz.....Spot and I are worried about yinz!!

5. dian and wheezer

Re: 2/15 Twinkie~PMPS~345~.5/Beasley~192~2.00

back from the vet and he said all that I was doing would have been what he suggested and to continue. also asked if humidifier was on and I said yes. was not to concerned with leg and did not take scraping cause said did not look like mites. and the cycle needs broken of the itch.and either way AB would be given. I trust his judgement. he gave me more pain meds if needed and called a RX into Giant eagle for AB for both boyz for 2 weeks cause it is free AB week or something. if does not look better in a week according to vet tech, I am to call.vet definitely does not want to use steroids and especially after I told him how his BG has been rising these past 2 days
    the poor boy was a tasmanian devil there. thank goodness he has no teeth but he tried to claw the vet tech to death. also left prezzies on table.
    vet techs fell in love with the e-collar I made and want me to make them one. trouble is, I do not know how I did it and it took me nearly 4 hours to do it. my piece of foam had more circle sizes than a pope has prayers, then I really did not use what I drew for the most part. was too many modifications for me to remember
    appetite off tonight
    Thanks V

6. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

My poor babies! Please give Twinkie extra snuggles and loves - he's had a hard day.

Dian, my dog is allergic to chicken and would lick/bite her skin raw. I bought something called "Hot-Spot" - you just spray it on; don't have it anymore, but I think the ingredients were pretty "herbal". It seemed to help a lot. Have you looked at something like that?

7. dian and wheezer

no the only thing that came to mind was something form HARTZ years ago that you put on dogs for hot spots. will not use hartz anything. am using a benadryl cream and vet said that was good. but will look into that. getting ready to go out again to pick up free AB's waaaahoo. hope the roads are ok. how bad can they get in 20 min :roll:

8. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

sorry the boyz are having trouble. :sad: Jill has mentioned a salve that she likes by Halo, maybe you can find that?

9. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Well, glad you got them in and glad to see that you were doing things right all along. Hope the AB work!
    Bet you were surprised by the taz routine, huh.

10. dian and wheezer

you're telling me. specially when we know how sweet he really is. but that back leg is sore. he has tried to taste me also when I rub cream on it. I also learned not to wrap the compresses around leg but to just lay on top

11. Marci and Buddy

Marci and Buddy Member

hugs to you and Twinkie--hope he feels better soon...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.