2/16 Angel's BIRTHDAY amps~322 (long)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lynn and Angel, Feb 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lynn and Angel

Lynn and Angel Member

My Johnny Angel Pie (aka Bucky) is 15 yrs old today. I watched his stray Mom give birth to him in a rural Methodist church where my daughter was attending Brownie Scouts. When the poor Mom lost several in the litter from not having enough milk, I took her, Angel and his brother Teddy and bottle fed the kittens until she could feed them herself. He got his name when he was a 2 day old bit of pure silver fluff and I was cradling him in my palm trying to get him to suck. I kept chanting "come on little angel, you can do this, little angel you can make it". The name stuck, though he has never been a particularly angelic creature. :lol:
    Angel has always been tough, independent, opinionated, grouchy, strong willed, an expert hunter and the acknowledged Ruler of my household of 3 cats and 3 dogs. My daughter refers to him as His Majesty. He is known for his complete lack of a sense of humor and will not take anything off of anybody (even me, when I try to carry him somewhere - "hey, I'm not an object for you to just move around indiscriminately without asking my permission first" or when he's determined to go outside and I won't let him). He is a one-person cat and the bond between us is exceptional; I don't have to say how much I love him. I had to move when my Ex and I divorced and Angel was about 8. He got outside and travelled for 5 days the 17 miles through woods and across busy streets in 104 degree weather to get back to our old home. That's the kind of cat he is.

I haven't posted in almost a week for several reasons. Angel just stays mostly pink and yellow and I'm depressed about it. It's just too much of a bummer to constantly be posting these high numbers and always being so worried. I increased his dose again yesterday morning but so far it's not helped any. His neuropathy is returning so I've started back on the B12 and I think he's peeing and drinking more now. It's so discouraging to feel like we're almost back where we started with this sugar dance 14 months ago.

The other reason I haven't posted is because of other issues in my life.. my dog Andy spent the weekend in the Emergency Vet with pancreatitis, costing me lots of stressful worrying, time lost, and money. He's doing Ok now at home I'm thankful to say. Heidi, another of my dogs is in surgery right this minute having 3 mammary masses removed. She was an abused puppy mill breeder and had an incredibly tough life before I got her, but she's a survivor so I'm hoping and praying she does well with this and the masses are not malignant. Tomorrow my 81 year old father goes into the hospital for a heart catherization and he's very scared. I will be there with him all day and the night too if need be. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.
    Ok, to end on a cheerier note... here's a photo of Angel with his older sister Minnie and baby brother Cashew... they're waiting for the birthday party treats.
    [​IMG]
    Lynn and Angel
    Angel's Spreadsheet
    Our FDMB Profile

2. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Good Lord, Lynn....you sure have a lot going on!!! I will be praying for you and all your lovies....wishing you well.
    Happy Birthday to Angel...what a touching story you wrote. It really warmed my day. Hoping for all the best ofr your kitties, your dogs and your Dad...and of course YOU! :YMHUG:

3. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Lynn, I was wondering where you disappeared to.
    Happy Birthday Angel!!! J.D. was 15 in November. I hope your cats and dogs enjoy the party and get lots of treats.

Sending prayers and keeping my fingers crossed for your drooler today, and for your father tomorrow.

We miss you, and when you feel discouraged and all, well, that's part of what we're here for. Heck, I hate posting "J.D. is red, again" too!
    Patience grasshopper...?
    :YMHUG:

4. kate and lucky

kate and lucky Member

Lyn,

sorry to haer all this is going on at once for you. Thoughts and prayers to both your dad and Heidi and Andy. :YMHUG:

Was going to look at Angels ss but it isn't attached? Any other issues going on for him? Change in food, routine, stress (that sounds like a distinct possibility) etc.

I remember a time when you were getting some right nice numbers around 3-4u dose I think it was.

On a more positive note:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!Bucky :mrgreen: :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT

5. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

(((Lynn))) I'm glad you have something happy to celebrate with all of the other stresses that are going on in your life. I loved reading Angel's story. Wishing Angel a Happy Birthday and hoping for better days ahead for you soon.

6. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

(((Lynn)))

Thank you for sharing this wonderful story about Angel and how he came into your lives.

My wish for him is for a happy healthy tons more birthdays with you and your family.

And I'm very sorry to hear about the worrisome issues with your doggies, prayers for them both for speedy recoveries.(((hugs)))
    And prayers for your father, sending calm healing vines and vibes, knowing you will be there is a good comfort to him.

Please keep us posted when you can, will be thinking of you.

7. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Lynn -- looks like your Angel found an angel in you. I am sending prayers and vines and snowflakes, wishing you and your dad an easy day tomorrow, and your loved furbabies a clear road to health. Holding good thoughts in my heart for you all.

8. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday to your special boy.

The picture of your gang is just precious.

I hope things go well with your father. Sorry there's so much stress to deal with.

9. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Happy birthday, Angel!!! Hang in there, Lynn, you're strong and you can get through all of this. Sending snowflakes and vines to you, Angel, the pups, and your father. (((((Lynn)))))

10. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

(((Lynn)))

Glad you have something happy to celebrate to countereffect the stresses of you life.
    I wish Angel a happy birthday!
    Hang in there Lynn!

11. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Lynn, I'm so glad you took the time to tell angels story. Despite his grouchyness, I know he really is an angel! I know you have a lot going on right now, lots of worries and stress and frustrations.

Remember that angel is more then a number. I know how frustrating it is to post those nasty pink numbers, but I really do enjoy hearing stories about angel, and how he longs to go outside when it's raining. Please remember that.

I will be sending positive thoughts to you and your family, your dad, your babies.

and I will be sending angel a great big birthday hug and kiss!

HAPPY 15TH BIRTHDAY ANGEL!!!

drinking24 :RAHCAT drinking24

12. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANGEL!

(((Lynn))) I am so sorry for all you have had to go through. I will be thinking good thoughts for your Dad and family. :YMHUG:

13. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Happy birfday Angel!! I hope you and your siblings have a wonderful day filled with love and cake and snacks!
    Lynn, sorry to hear that you are having such a rough time of it lately. I hope things get better for you soon.

14. Ruth & Beethoven (GA)

Ruth & Beethoven (GA) Member

Thank you for the story of Angel. I always knew you two had a very special bond. I would describe him as uncompromising. He didn't ask for anything but to live his not as a toy or an object but as a cat, and you're an angel for making this possible. I wish his numbers would come down. I remember when he and Beethoven were right in step and we hoped they would go to the falls together. We're saving a condo next door just in case.

15. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Thank you for Angel's story. What an independent, know his own mind, kind of guy he is! And it sounds like he adores you on his own terms. I hope it was a wonderful birthday. I also hope everything with your dad and the pups turns out well. You will lall be in my thoughts.

16. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA) Well-Known Member

((((Lynn))))

Thank you for sharing Angel's story. I always love to hear how fur babies got their names.
    I can so relate to how you feel about not posting when you feel like things are spinning out of control including the bg's...
    it seems easier to just not look at it....I do that too sometimes.

I hope that Angel had a wonderful birthday and I hope that everything else resolves itself for the best...
    My thoughts and prayers are with you , your babies and of course, your dad.

:YMHUG:

Caryl

17. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Lynn: You, kitties, droolers and your dad are all in my thoughts. Hoping that everything turns out okay. That was a wonderful story about Angel. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.