2/16 Blackie AMPS-364,+3-351,+6-360,+9-362,PMPS-380,+6-387

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Team Blackie (GA), Feb 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Team Blackie (GA)

Team Blackie (GA) Member

2/15 Condo

So how long do I keep this reduction for? I think there is still a good chance he might go below 50 and get another reduction.

Hes doing good this morning, just watching the rain drops from our doorstep.

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: 2/16 Blackie AMPS-364

Let's see what others say today on your question.

Blackie enjoying the Olympics? You're doing a good job Ken - with Blackie

Hope u have a good day!

3. Team Blackie (GA)

Team Blackie (GA) Member

Thanks. He doesn't like TV much, theres not much that entertains him.

4. Laura and Quincy

Laura and Quincy Member

How frequently do you feed Blackie? I ask because maybe you don't want to rush into a decrease too soon, at least not until Blackie's curve has had a chance to flatten out a little instead of being high highs and low lows. Some people have talked about feeding at strategic times to avoid dropping under 50 and giving the pancreas a little extra time to heal, which would be reflected by lower pre-shot numbers. I have played around with this with my cat because although his numbers weren't as high as Blackie's, he always earned dose decreases by dipping under 50 or under 40, but then his AMPS number would still be relatively high.

If you can avoid dipping under 50 and keep Blackie just a little higher, so that he surfs in healthy numbers, it may help you avoid some high rebound numbers.

I'm not necessarily saying feed him hourly, or that you need to stay home to do this, but if you can figure out when he's dipped in the past, try getting some in him before then. You could always leave out frozen wet food, or try using a timer, if you or your mom aren't around.

5. Team Blackie (GA)

Team Blackie (GA) Member

Re: 2/16 Blackie AMPS-364,+3-351

We adjusted his feeding schedule a little bit since starting a new catrtridge of Lantus. Our current schedule:

AMPS + AM shot = 1/2 can Friskes or 1 can FF
    +3 = 1/4 can Friskies or 1/2 can FF
    +6 = "" "" "" ""
    +9 = "" "" "" ""
    PMPS + PM shot = 1/2 can Friskies or 1 can FF

6. Team Blackie (GA)

Team Blackie (GA) Member

Re: 2/16 Blackie AMPS-364,+3-351,+6-360

Today's numbers are not good. Should I give it another few cycles before going back up?

7. Laura and Quincy

Laura and Quincy Member

Re: 2/16 Blackie AMPS-364,+3-351

Well, with that schedule it sounds like you're already doing what you can food-wise to make it easier on Blackie's pancreas and to avoid too low numbers. Maybe it hasn't paid off quite yet, but I think it will.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.