2/16, Boomer, AM/91

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Traci and Boomer, Feb 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traci and Boomer

Traci and Boomer Well-Known Member

:coffee: Being picky. Attacking a squirrel at the window, woke me up to eat but then didn't eat much. He's been eating slower when he feels like it. I'm going to give the .25. Keeping my fingers crossed because I won't be home until this evening. nailbite_smile

Thanks for the help yesterday!!!

2. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning Traci....Boomer is looking good!!! Here is the
    link to your Condo from yesterday:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6392
    Hope you have a great day!! Going to leave out plenty of food, right?

3. Amy and Pedro

Amy and Pedro Member

What a nice AM start.
    Probably didn't want any bffast if it isn't squirrel

4. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Boomer is so cute. I love his color---is it vanilla?

Boomer - be a good boy while momma is away. If you need it just go eat a little to make everything all better okay?

5. Traci and Boomer

Ladies-

Thanks for your replies! I have a window bird feeder that has a two-way mirror thingy so that Boomer can see whatever lands in it, but they can't see him. It's great entertainment for Boomer.

This morning I spread sour cream over his food/pills because I caught him eating it when I left the container unattended the other day. I thought he'd be very excited to have it on his food - nope, not very. Grrr.

Boomer will be 4 in July and he's been like this on and off for his whole life. All of a sudden he gets VERY picky for stretches of time. But considering he's had pancreatitis and has IBD and diabetes, God knows what could be bothering him. He's hasn't puked in a couple days and doesn't have any symptoms except he's not quite as perky and he doesn't want to eat for me. If this continues I may have to take him in to the vet. Do you think he needs bloodwork? Any ideas? I'd hate to waste money.

It took my vet a long time to figure out he had IBD - she even wanted to do an internal exploratory for a while there when he was about 1 year old and also thought he could have FIP. It was a horrible time to not know what was wrong with him. Finally she put him on pred and it worked - his puking stopped - and then a year later he started showing signs of diabetes; then we switched to budesonide which seemed to work great until recently he's thrown up a few times. Any thoughts?

6. Traci and Boomer

Paige-

He's white with butterscotch points and light blue eyes. He's a flame point Siamese mix. Thank you for the compliment. I tend to like cats with some orange in them.

7. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Of course he wasn't excited to have the sour cream on his food; it's no longer forbidden then! ;)

Great AMPS for Boomer. I hope he keeps it up AND starts eating again. Do you think he's tired of his food? I'm going through the same thing with one of mine (not the diabetic) and I think he's bored with the food. This happened before and was the reason for the switch from exclusively feeding Wellness to mixing it with FF. I'm not sure how many more brands of LC food I can find, though. ;) I don't know if that's what is going on with Boomer, but just thought I would mention it.

8. Traci and Boomer

Hi Sarah-

Yeah, he could be bored with his food. It seems like when I "get it right" he'll eat it. It's hard to know if this is a serious problem or him just being fussy. I hope that when I get home from work that the two bowls of food I've left will be eaten - and there's a good chance they will be. Then again, sometimes I come home and he's rejected everything. It drives me crazy. @-) A HUGE help is sprinkling nutritional yeast on the food or even better FortiFlora - that's the best ever, but I don't have any. He loves that stuff. I tried tuna flakes and I think it's a no go. If so, at least I can return them, thank goodness.

9. Traci and Boomer

82 @ +9.5
    I fed him because he wanted food and I'm scared to deny him food since things have been weird with him. He ate 3/4 of a small can and some bites of turkey. Now I'm waiting to PMPS to give him some more food. It seems that the tuna flakes are a no-go. He also doesn't love Liv a Littles chicken treats. I'm confused about these - the ones I bought are cat treats that come in a bag for about 3.99. My mother found what sounds like freeze-dried Liv a Littles in the dog isle in a container for about $12. The two pet food stores near me don't have that kind - Petco and PetSmart. He doesn't love freeze dried stuff either - are the Live a Little freeze dried treats the ones that people here rave about OR the other kind? Seems that the only treat he likes is kitty crack. :eek:

10. Traci and Boomer

PMPS-84
    So far he's holding his dose and this number is with food. He's eaten decenly tonight, not the usual but not bad.

I'm going to start giving him some more consistant Reiki. When I first learned it about a year ago he had pancreatitis and I practiced on him constantly and then his pancreatitis went away. Since I've found this board I've been on here typing away every night instead of getting my hands on him - literally! :lol:

11. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Boomer is looking great on this dose. :smile:

12. Traci and Boomer

+2.75/76

Not bad. And he's definitely eating better!

13. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

I have only seen the Liv-A-Littles in the dog aisle at Petco. They are around $12 for a container (small). Petsmart has some in their dog treat aisle. They might be Pure Bites but I looked them up online just now and I don't think that's it. It's a white bag (they come in two sizes) and it says that it's only one ingredient: freeze dried <type of meat>. Anyway, they are cheaper than Liv A Littles and the dog and kitties like them. Boomer might not go for them, though, if he doesn't like all the other stuff either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.