2/16 Buzz PMPS: 70, +1.5: 46, +2.5: 43

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sarah and Buzz, Feb 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Yesterday's condo: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6389&p=64614#p64614

WCR: Buzz is doing well. Her coat is a little dandruffy, which I am attributing to the fact that she spends hours lying in front of the heat register. It could be due to food, I guess, but I haven't changed her food in a couple of months.

I am pleased with her reaction to this latest dose reduction (antijinx). :) Have a happy day, everyone!

2. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 2/16 Buzz AMPS: 129

Go Buzz! :thumbup
    I hope she'll continue to let you have dose reductions.

3. Sarah and Buzz

Re: 2/16 Buzz AMPS: 129, +3: 53/Question

+3: 53

Totally unexpected! Good, but surprising.

My question is do I need to retest in half an hour without feeding? Am I trying to see if she will go below 50 and thus earn a reduction, or do I feed her LC now and see if she goes back down again later in the cycle?

I don't know if I want her to be getting reductions this quickly; fewer reductions mean more healing time, right?

I will wait on feeding until I hear something. :)

4. Sarah and Buzz

Re: 2/16 Buzz AMPS: 129, +3: 53/Feed?? question

+3.75: 50

Still haven't fed and will get a +4.25 in about 10 minutes.

5. paige

paige Well-Known Member

BUMP :mrgreen: I am sorry I can't give you advice but I will tell you what I was always told. Feed the 40's (LC).

6. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Can you update your SS when you get a chance? ;-)

7. Traci and Boomer

Traci and Boomer Well-Known Member

Wow Sarah - this is exciting! Where is she at now?

8. kate and lucky

kate and lucky Member

Re: 2/16 Buzz AMPS: 129, +3: 53/UPDATE?

Hi Sara,

how's Buzz doing?

As Buzz is still a relatively newly diagnosed cat you'd be looking at 50 as your cut off in my view.

At 53 +3, I would have fed couple tsps LC to try and get Buzz on a surboard. Don't worry about how fast/slow your reductions are. You have to go at Buzz's rate. I'm making a guess it's because you managed OTJ but it didn't last?

This is your 4th dose at .75u so I would have said it's unlikely there is any carry over action, though believe can last up to 72 hours.
    Need to see how the rest of your cycle pans out before deciding if you should dosecrease or not.

9. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

Hi Sarah,

I'm sorry that you had to bump your own condo today.
    I can't see Buzz's pattern very well to find out when the mid cycle is exactly. Maybe I'm just tired.... or cross-eyed.

Do I recall that you can't leave food out all day? or maybe I'm mixing you with someone else... yeah, ok, i'm a winner today! :coffee:

When we are not encouraging feeding is 2 hours prior to shooting. Other than that, mini meals are good to have throughout the day. what I'm trying to say is that if 53 is early in the cycle and not nadir, food may dampen the lowering, but insulin keeps working and nadir may be 50. Don't hold back food for the sake of a dosecrease - and I'm not saying that you are doing that - pls forgive me, I mean that will all due respect.

Did that help at all?

10. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Re: 2/16 Buzz AMPS: 129, +10:44 Dosing ?

BUMP

11. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Well dear.....I am no expert so I can't give the final say but it looks like another dosecrease to me :mrgreen:

How much longer til your PMPS?

12. Helene & Tizon

Ok.... that's an entire different game.
    it's +10 and Buzz is 44. The rule is feed the 40s, so let's feed a LC snack and let me see who is around.

13. Sarah and Buzz

Re: 2/16 Buzz AMPS: 129, +10:44 New dosing ?

Hi guys, sorry I haven't updated all day. I've been away but DHW has been here with her. SS is updated as requested.

I'm assuming that we should decrease tonight from 0.75 to 0.50?

Helene, I didn't take any offense to what you said. :) It cleared things up for me, actually. I didn't mean that I would withhold food so that she WOULD go low and earn a reduction. I actually meant the opposite, that I didn't want to NOT feed just so she would earn a reduction. I want her to stay in good #s as long as possible so she has the most time to heal. If that means a week or 2 weeks or a month at the same dose, that's okay with me.

In any case, I did end up feeding at +5 as usual since she rose between +4 and +5. I also just fed her now (at +10) because she was low. I gave her 2 bites of HC along with about 1 oz. of LC.

14. Helene & Tizon

good, now... let's ask for formal questions

Are you around?
    Do you have gravy on hand? (you do have some already)
    Can you stall - because this might be a stalling time IMO?
    Lots can happen in a couple of hours, however, Yay to the dosecrease! but let's shoot it safely.... so hang in there while I seek for assistance.

15. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Looks like Buzz earned another dose reduction! I would reduce to 0.5 units.

You might want to test again at +11 to be sure the food brought her out of the 40's. It should have, this late in the cycle.

16. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Buzz's numbers have been great! Congrats on the dosecrease.

17. Sarah and Buzz

+11: 57

Thanks for the advice! :) Hopefully she will be on the rise at shot time (10 minutes).

Helene, I do have HC and Karo and all that. We will be around to test through the cycle. I will post PMPS in a few. :)

18. Libby and Lucy

I can't wait to see where Buzz is going with this. :smile:

19. Sarah and Buzz

PMPS: 70 0.50u

I will get a +1.5 and see where she is then. :)

20. Libby and Lucy

nice shooting. :mrgreen:

21. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

look at buzz go!
    congrats on another reduction! :mrgreen:

22. Nancy & Bee

Nancy & Bee Member

Wow! What a day for you & Buzz! She sure likes her dosecreases. :thumbup

Good to see you both doing great!! :mrgreen:

23. Sarah and Buzz

Re: 2/16 Buzz AMPS: 129 PMPS: 70, +1.5: 46

To recap in case I erased from my subject:
    AMPS: 129
    +3: 53
    +3.75: 50
    +5: 72 (fed meal)
    +7: 71
    +10: 44 (fed dollop of HC)
    +11: 57
    PMPS: 70
    +1.5: 46 (fed dollop of HC)

I am going to check again soon. I won't lie, I am a touch nervous but in control so far. Yikes!

24. Sarah and Buzz

Re: 2/16 Buzz AMPS: 129 PMPS: 70, +1.5: 46

+2.5: 43 (dollop of HC)

25. Sarah and Buzz

+3.5: 59 (no food given)

26. Carolyn and Spot

Carolyn and Spot Well-Known Member

oh my goodness you're having a crazy day huh ;-)

27. Sarah and Buzz

It has definitely been interesting, that's for sure! :) I am relieved that she has gone up a little at +3.5 and I will check her again in an hour. I'm prepared for her to bounce tomorrow, both from the HC and the low #s, so if it happens I will not be surprised.

28. Carolyn and Spot

Well she's got a stellar shed built up so she might surprise ya. That's a real early drop, will you be up for a while? I'm about to fall asleep, is almost 3am here, but I wanted to say, if you've got to head to bed, play it safe and drop a whole can of HC down for her for the night and set your alarm to check her a couple hours later if you can manage it. You'll get right back to where you are, it's more important to be safe and also to get some sleep. @-) It looks like you've done the overnight thing before, looking at your SS, so I suspect you're already gearing up a long night.. :)

29. Sarah and Buzz

Yep, I will be up either until +6 or until I get 2 really good rises in a row. I will feed her before bed either way. Sleep well, and thanks for checking in. :)

30. kate and lucky

kate and lucky Member

I see you've had an exciting evening :mrgreen:

It's morning here.
    Good idea monitoring until +6 if you can. If not HC away. Jojo always said if you got low numbers on cycle following a decrease just HC it cos it's carry over.
    I think her exact words several times to me were 'HC the crappus out of it :lol: '

I'm around for another hour, but you look like you know what your doing-good job

31. Sarah and Buzz

I've always been afraid to give too much HC because I'm afraid that it will make her really high in the morning. I know canned HC doesn't take as long to clear the system as dry does, so perhaps that fear is unfounded.

Anyway, I will keep managing for now with hourly checks (half hourly once I get to +5) and we will see how it goes. Unfortunately, I don't free feed due to issues with the dog eating it and Buzz scarfing everything all at once and the civvies getting to her food....too much going on. But if I need to, I will feed her a bunch of HC and watch her eat it before I hit the hay. ;)

32. Sarah and Buzz

+5: 63 (no food given)

I will recheck at +6 and feed either her normal meal or some more HC, depending on her #. I definitely don't want her to be high, but I am hoping that I can go to bed in an hour. ;) DHW will be up with her in the morning so I can at least sleep in. It's nights like this that I am really thankful for my ultra-flexible schedule.

33. kate and lucky

kate and lucky Member

Looking good.

If she isn't particularly carb sensitive HC won't make her rocket, or indeed for very long.
    Rushing out door here.
    Understand issues with dog etc.
    If she is lower at +6 might be worth giving a little HC to try and keep her on a surboard through the rest of the night (my thinking here is if she then isn't going to get anymore food-you could just mix 2-3 tspsns in with LC)

As she is now at low numbers need to make sure PS check is well clear of any food impact.

Happy sleepus :mrgreen:

34. Sarah and Buzz

+6: 65

I fed the normal LC meal with a generous spoonful of HC mixed in, just as you suggested. :) Hopefully this will keep her surfing as you said. She appears to already be surfing/possibly rising so I think the meal + HC will help keep things in check (I hope!).

Thanks for your help, and good luck at tbp (assuming that's where you are rushing out the door to)!

35. paige

paige Well-Known Member

My my my....Sarah did you get any sleep? Yay for Buzz; she is really wanting to go somewhere. dancing_cat

36. Sarah and Buzz

Hello there! DHW here instead of Sarah. She drew the short straw and was up very late with Buzz, but she's sleeping it off now.
    Her AMPS was 212. I shot .5 units and we'll see how the day progresses. She seems to be working hard toward remission. I'm keeping several fingers and toes crossed. :D

37. Carolyn and Spot

Awesome of you DH! Buzz is on a roll! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.