2/16 Latte AMPS-351, PMPS-227

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by carolynandlatte, Feb 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

yesterday
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6345

last night
    pmps 288 (pred cycle)
    +3.5-300
    +6-234
    amps-351

Cant even begin to wrap my mind around what happened here. Looked as if rebound from yesterday's low amps was clearing around pmps last night. Guess not. Yesterday a.m.'s amps must have been just to mess with my mind, rather than a sign of progress.

Woke up to her laying on top of me, and quite the bundle of energy (for her). Lots of movement. slowly grazing this a.m.

2. Amy and Pedro

Amy and Pedro Member

Re: 2/16 Latte AMPS-351

Come on back to those pretty colors from the other day Latte. Your momma bean doesn't need to have her brain messed with. And it could be a sign of progress just needs to settle.

3. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Good morning you two....Hey latte...what's up with the pinks? ohmygod_smile Please try to get those numbers
    down today....c'mon sweetie....you can do it!

4. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Awe, Carolyn I hope she comes back down for you. But on the up side, it is good to hear that she has some energy cat_pet_icon

5. Tina & Sammy

Tina & Sammy Well-Known Member

Looks like Latte wanted to visit all the colors of the rainbow yesterday. Maybe she wants to do it again today, just starting out with the pink. Hope she comes down quickly, and surfs some nice comfortable numbers for you today.

6. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I'm going to be curious to see what Latte does with this number. If I had to guess, her numbers bobbled around last night. She's had several very good days. She may be taking a "break" from all that hard work and be gathering a bit of steam to get her numbers back down.

7. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

amps-351
    +2-235
    +3.5-187
    +4.75-165
    +10-269
    pmps-227 (pred cycle)

Baby food novelty at pmps has worn off. Its just as torturous to get her to eat any of that (spoon fed) than it is to get her off her butt to eat regular cat food the last 1.5 weeks. She is eating very little at night...and its progressively getting worse. She only eats in the morning for the most part. So much for a steroid stimulating the appetite. A regular appetite stimulant should work, but she will pretty much only eat kibble.

She slept all day, greeted me when I got home and went back to sleep, slept through her shot and will continue to sleep until Im ready to go to bed.

I picked up the tramadol today, but am not convinced its the best choice as of yet. At least i have it as an option.

Thats about it in a nutshell.

8. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

((( Carolyn ))), I wish I had something wise and wonderful to offer, but I just have cyber hugs for you both. Not a bad PMPS, but I hate to see her not eating well.

9. deb and the boys

deb and the boys Member

(((((Carolyn))))) :YMSIGH: (((((Latte)))))
    A few thoughts, maybe questions for the vet -
    could she be developing a tolerance to the antacid again, so is feeling more heartburn? (even though she hasn't vomited white foam since Feb 2, right?) I seem to remember that you've rotated her between (ranitidine?) and (famotidine) in the past?

from her SS, it looks like she's been having more constipation issues the last 3 weeks. She's been on lactulose for a long time... has she ever taken Miralax? If you think she can tolerate it, perhaps ask the vet about switching to Miralax? I think Miralax would also be better for her calcium issues than lactulose.

when was the last time her pred dose changed? Could be building a tolerance?

I'm also wondering about (from SS)
    Did it coincide with her +2, +4 and +6 high BGs? I realize she doesn't act like this every time she's running high, but am just wondering if there's a connection... maybe someone with knowledge can comment. Were her ears warm (like maybe a high temp?)? Another thing that comes to mind is BP; did the vet measure it last time she was in? I know money is limited...

Does she seem to be having more days with lethargy part or all of the day? ...does it seem to coincide with days she's constipated? .. or, when she has high BG? .. pancreatic flare? I understand the "so what" question is, what's treatable w/in available $$ - you're doing everything you can for her BG, have pain meds for pancreatitis; so if its constipation maybe a change in meds can help.

The other thing is these symptoms (lethargy, fast breathing) could well be from kidney, blood chem, and/or acid issues so I'd really encourage you to post over on Helen's list - the knowlegeable folks there may have some insights and ideas. (they'd love to hear from you anyway! cat_pet_icon )

I haven't been able to find any specifics on the adverse effects and risks for this drug, other than the general stuff they have in the pet owners advisory sites (eg, VeterinaryPartner); I only found a few efficacy studies. But the cautionary opinions that Nancy posted on the CRF list and Dr Lisa posted here, are just red flags for me (links are in Latte's Feb 13 condo viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6150&start=0 ).

Dr Lisa didn't elaborate on her concerns. Maybe you could get some more info by posting a follow up question on the Health board? I would also ask your vet why he recommends tramadol instead of bupe and/or gabapentin.
    Big hugs -
    Deb, angel Evie, and the boys

10. deb and the boys

deb and the boys Member

forgot to mention that my internet access continues to be erratic grr_red grr_red ... I get halfway through a reply or reading a post and it goes out... cat(2)_steam I think my satellite modem is going belly up and I can't afford to buy another one right now... anyway, I may or may not see any replies... kinda puts a monkey wrench on the conversation! :oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.