2/16 Logan - at Vet's office

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kelly & Logan, Feb 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelly & Logan

Kelly & Logan Well-Known Member

Yesterday:
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6349

We dropped Logan off this morning. He was not happy! We had to fast him in case they needed to sedate him to remove the tube. He started waking me up around 2 am...so tired this morning! The little stinker pulled out all the stops, too. He started with the bed perimeter walk (which includes pillow stomping), then started with the nose/whiskers in my face, then meowed a bit, then bit my arm, pulled my hair, bit my back, pulled hair again, gave some more kisses, and then my favorite...bit me on the forehead, a first for him. I tried hiding under the covers, but he dug me out and yep, you guessed it, bit me!

They removed the drain this morning. They're concerned b/c he hasn't been feeling well the last day or so and his appetite had been a little off. He also didn't put up a fight, at all, today, so that really concerns them. They sent some blood work out to the lab so we're waiting on those results. I'm pretty worried about my little guy, he just can't catch a break for anything. :(

2. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Aww, eat some food Logan, please? He seemed to want to take a bite out of you so maybe he will try taking a bite of food now. I sure hope so. I'm sending you my warmest healthiest wishes. (((Kelly)))

3. JaniceandSpike

JaniceandSpike Well-Known Member

I wonder if the abs hes on are upsetting his tummy. Sounds like he was fiesty this morning though.

4. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Please eat Logan...You need your strength--Sending Healing Vines & hunger vibes to sweet Logan...Please get well!!

5. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

I am still sending a blizzard of healing snowflakes to Logan.

6. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Sending good thoughts and "eating" vines for Logan today. He sure was feisty this morning, wasn't he? :)

7. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Kelly,
    Logan was full of spunk this morning; he really pulled out all the stops, didn't he!

Then, he's back at the crappy place!!! OH NO! You have GOT to know how depressing that must have been. First, he's starved and then his bean ignores him. Then he gets dumped at that crappy place... again? UGH.

I know you are worried and really sick of it all, and I sure bet Logan is feeling the same thing!

Let's hope he gets the drain out and then he can get down to some good healing, home again with his bean, where he belongs.

As always, Logan is in our thoughts and we are pulling for him.

8. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Re: 2/16 Logan

Hoping for a happy, hungry homecoming for your boy.

9. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Aside from Logan's personality showing through this morning, going back to the vet's office had to be stressful for your guy. I also wonder if he picked up on your stress. See how he does once he's home.

10. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Hoping Logan's visit to the vet goes well and that he starts eating and
    feeling better when he gets home.
    Tell him his food is much better to "bite" then Mommy. :smile:

11. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

sending healing vibes. anxiously waiting for vet report and for you to have him back with you and eating pronto.

12. Judith and Thomas

Judith and Thomas Member

Awww...poor Logan and poor Kelly.

H certainly was full of personality and spunk this morning before you left... :D He came up with some good ones...Thomas was pretty good, too, but Logan has him topped in the 'how can I annoy Mom and wake her up in the morning'?

I wonder like, like Janice said, maybe the AB's he's on are upsetting his tummy? There are some antibiotics that make my boys not eat...quite a few...and a few that are OK for appy. That could be one of the things going on there...?

Hang in there Logan and Kelly!

(((Kelly Logan)))

13. paige

paige Well-Known Member

I hope he gets to acting more himself for you soon Kelly. My thoughts are with you and Logan and DH2B that Logan catches a break soon. (((huggs)))

14. Amy and Pedro

Amy and Pedro Member

Hoping Logan is home soon and starts to feel better. Getting the drain out may help his mood. the fact that he practically pulled you out of bed shows he has a lot of spunk.

15. Deb and Pippin

Deb and Pippin Member

Feel better soon Logan, you can beat this just keep on fighting little guy.

[​IMG]

16. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

When you wrote yesterday that he had to fast during the night I was thinking that would not be a good thing at all. :sad: He loves eating at 2am...what must have been going on in his little head when you didn't get up to feed him? Oh, times like that I wish they understood English!!!!!
    The fasting is something the kitties just do NOT understand....
    ((Kelly)) This little guy has been through so much...you are right....but he is a fighter and he will be ok once he is home again without the darn drain. Kiss him a million times for all of us....Sweet Logan!! Keep fighting little guy!! :YMHUG:

17. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

When Logan gets home he'll surely feel better, especially if he gets something good to eat. Get well soon, Logan!

Stu

18. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

I hope Logan is home safe and sound and feeling better by now... I'm glad to hear he was full of it this morning! That has to be a good thing.

19. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Poor Logan, just can't get a break, I'm so sorry, Kelly. I hope that by the time you pick him up from the vet, he's feeling better and is ready to chow down. It did sound like he was feeling a bit feisty this morning, so that is a good thing.
    Sending feel better, eat more, and quit gnawing on mamabean vines your way, along with a huge blanket of snowflakes and white lites!! (God knows I've got lots of snowflakes to send....want them all???)

20. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I hope Logan is home, and has chowed down, and doesn't have to go back to that crappy place for a good long time.

21. Kelly & Logan

Re: 2/16 Logan - PMPS 427/ Vet Update - Good!

Just got him home a little while ago. His PMPS was very ugly, but he ate pretty well - a whole can of FF w/just a sprinkling of dry core. Logan's blood work actually looked really good.

His ALT is down to 79 (normal) and his WBC count is down to 13,000 (normal). This was 24,000 on Friday. On Friday, he had 242 immature WBCs and today he had none! So, that's great news! He's still anemic, though. The internist thinks his not feeling well is a combination of the prednisolone and the amoxcillin that he's on. His prednisolone was supposed to be one 5mg tablet once a day but the discharge orders incorrectly said twice a day!!!! :evil: I cut his dose yesterday thinking it was just too high. Unfortunately, the bacteria the amoxicillin is fighting is resistant to a lot of ABs. The other options (one of which is clavamox) will likely make him feel worse. So, we're going to try and stick it out for 2 full weeks.

Since his blood work looked so good today, we don't have to go back on Monday as originally planned. She said to just give her a call next week to discuss his progress. She wants him on the 5mg pred once a day for 2-3 weeks. After that, we'll most likely go down to 1/2 tablet once a day.

I'm so relieved to know his not feeling well is related to the ABs and not the infection! We were all worried that it wasn't responding well to the oral ABs. HUGE relief!

And, Logan is happy to retire his alter ego, "Logan Valentine". The red mesh muscle t-shirt is a thing of the past! He is tube-free and t-shirt-free!!! :mrgreen:

22. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

I'm so happy to hear this good news update!

23. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

actually i have a question regarding his dose that maybe others know more about.
    i saw on his spreadsheet he was on a pretty high dose before he ended up at the vet and the dose was reduced (don't know if they also used R to help his numbers) and you're going back up. in a case like his, wondering whether you'd go up by higher increments.
    if we reduced for low numbers and the numbers crept back up we'd go back to the last successful dose. not sure how we'd approach this in logan's case.

24. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

What great news! Logan is home and tube / shirt free!
    I bet in no time flat, he will be strutting around like nothing happened!

It's such a relief to see improved test results. While his meds and the ongoing recovery may be bringing him down, I bet being home will help him cheer up.

Welcome home, Logan. I hope you are up to no good and being rascally soon.

25. Kelly & Logan

His insulin was reduced b/c he wasn't eating well at the vet and his numbers were dropping too low for their comfort. We're now working our way back up and will increase in 1/2 units most likely since his numbers are so high. We think his insulin resistance was caused first by his IBD, then the prednisolone and finally the infection.

26. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Re: 2/16 Logan's home

Great news, Kelly.

27. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Just wonderful!!! Sending out some healing vines for Logan~~~~~~~~~ and a hug for you ((((((Kelly)))))))))

28. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

We thought he might get out of his little shirt by Valentine's Day...and then he ended up with the red fishnet....(which Raja thought looked very sexy on him BTW) So, no he is totally shirt free and it's only 2 days late... :RAHCAT
    I am so happy!!! :D Trying to picture him with no feeding tube and no drain and no shirt back in his sweet home again with you guys!!! :YMHUG:
    And just think: tonight when he wakes you cause he's hungry, you will be able to feed him just like the good old days.....
    That was a long haul....but you are on the good side of the journey now. So happy for you Kelly... Hope you all enjoy a warm and happy night tonight! :thumbup

29. Judith and Thomas

Judith and Thomas Member

I'm so glad to hear Logan is home and eating! And great labs...yay! :mrgreen:

I hope he can tolerate the AB's for two short weeks, and you will have your spunky Logan back soon! (not that he wasn't pretty spunky this morning! :lol:

Yay for no tube and no T-shirt!

30. Complick8d

Complick8d Well-Known Member

Happy to hear that Logan is home, tubeless, and with good bloodwork.

31. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Very good news! and to be tube free and t-shirt free - just the best news! I am so happy for you and Logan.

I did get a chuckle out of your early AM wake up call. I have a civvie that does that, every day. The whole time I'm being mangled she's purring so loudly that I think one could hear her in the next county. :lol:

Today is a day for celebration! - You have one incredible cat. cat_pet_icon

32. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

yai Logan!! u made it back home safe and sound.

Get well soon please - ur mommy's doing an awesome job making u feel better!

((Kelly)) please give Logan some tummy rubs from us! cat_pet_icon

33. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

This all sounds very, very good.

34. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

yea! glad to see Logan is home safe and sound!

35. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

hi kelly. i'm also concerned about logan's dose. has your vet told you to increase in increments of 0.5u and hold the dose for 3 days?
    protocol suggests holding for as little as 2 days when nadirs are over 200 (0.25u increase) or 300 (0.5u increase), but i really have to wonder if "protocol" is even relevant here. has your vet said anything about going back up to 5.25u? his nadirs were still in the high 200s on that dose.
    just wondering...

36. Lynee and Max

Lynee and Max Member

Hi Kelly. Just getting caught up on Logan's progress. I've been deathly sick with the flu for a few days so I have been MIA but haven't stopped thinking and praying for your precious Logan.

What an amazing fighter you have there. Such fantastic news to hear that he is tube free and back home. No doubt he will be on the mend real soon. Those nasty AB's can do such a number on how they feel. Max was on Clavamox when he was at the vet and it made him feel overall really really crappy. Your WCR report from this morning (well acually yesterday morning since I am just now getting caught up here) made me chuckle. Max starting to do things like that again when he was feeling better always brought tears to my eyes. It told me that he still had lots of fight left in him and that was a good thing.

Now Logan, you need to keep on eating. Nibbling on mommabean isn't gonna cut it, gotta eat that fuds baby. Give that boy lots of smoochies from me. Max wanted to let Logan know that all sounds well and he expects to be running around and playing real soon with him. He's even willing to give up his Miracle Kitty nickname to Logan, he has certainly earned it :D

37. Amy and Pedro

Amy and Pedro Member

Great news for you and Logan. Logan you are one tough dude (red fishnet t-shirt or not)

38. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Happy Happy Happy Logan update--Hope he will be all healed soon!! HUGS~!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.