2/16 Morris AMPS 125, PMPS 186

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Brenda and Morris, Feb 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6364
    Morning LLanders!!! :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
    WCR: All P's done and accounted for...poo is still mixed up - last night he had an almost normal one and overnight he had a liquipoo...first complete LP since 1/31...hope we are not headed back to that again.

Don't know what to do about the vet situation...he is due to have another B-12 shot today...waiting for a call. :sad:

2. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Re: 2/16 Morris AMPS 125

Go to the vet & demand the B12 script!! Be proactive!! Be the tank!!
    Have a great Tuesday!!

3. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Brenda,
    Just a reminder, Morris is YOUR cat, correct? Not the vet's, right?

Seriously Brenda, I no longer ask for anything from my vets; I gather my info, march right in and state what I want. I advise them that I am perfectly happy to wait, and I am NOT leaving without it.
    I LOVE that line:
    BE THE TANK.

Waiting for a call? Pffft, can you just go there and wait?
    No more waiting. Call now. Ask when you will get an answer or call back and get a time, like 15min.
    No call in 15, call back. Ask why no call back because you were told 15, so why were you told an incorrect interval? Get answers, be annoying.

I know, I know. Others may say that's not the best or even a good approach, but it sure beats the pants, sitting and waiting for a call while Morris goes without what you know he needs.

4. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Oh, trust me, I am a tank!! So much so, that I am now on my third vet and she is also annoyed. And I say, so what??? Don't worry...when it comes to Morris I can be very pushy!

Vet called me back finally and said that the tech I spoke to on Friday asked me what size bottle I wanted prescribed and that was what they were waiting for me to tell them. I said, how the hell would I know that? AND the tech asked me where I was going to buy the script, not what size bottle I wanted. Anyway she said I should go to the pharmacy and find out what size bottle it comes in and have the pharmacy call her and she would give them the script. I had never heard of a pharmacy doing that and if it were Walgreens or CVS I know it wouldn't happen but I happen to have a great pharmacist at my local grocery store so I thought it might work out.

Went to the grocery store...was almost in tears of frustration when I saw that my "great pharmacist" wasn't on duty this morning. Turned out the one who was there was even better...got on the phone with the vet and between them worked out the script. I went on my merry way shopping for groceries and came back....there was a problem. The 1ml vial they were going to provide (that would give me four 250ug doses) was not made to be reused. In other words, once you stick the needle through there were no preservatives so that you could safely save the solution and reuse it, and the cost of one vial was $10.53. Pharmacist came up with a solution...if I bought all 12 bottles (script was for 1 bottle a week for 3 months) at one time, the price was $23.79 - he called the vet and got permission to do that. THEN they only had 3 bottles on hand so he gave me the first bottle and said when I come back tomorrow to pick up the rest, I could pay for it then and he will GIVE ME A $10 GIFT CARD for groceries. What a winner!!!! I almost cried again, but they would be tears of joy.

Morris got his shot.

5. Nancy & Bee

Nancy & Bee Member

Glad to see Morris is doing so great!!!

But geeze...what's with that vet??? :-Q

My vet prefills syringes for me & reminds me when it's time to pick up a new batch! It might cost a little more but it sure is convenient. Thank goodness for your pharmacist. One dilemma solved. And that $10 certificate will buy a nice big supply of kitty litter, right? :lol:

Hope you get some nice firm poos today! :mrgreen:

6. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

AWESOME news! That's the spirit - fight back like a feral cat who's never seen a human. cat(2)_steam

What a treat to find a good fella at the pharmacy! Special Xmas gift for them is in order maybe :smile:

The squeaky wheel gets the grease folks!

now I hope Morris is on his way to feeling better.

7. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Re: 2/16 Morris AMPS 125 PMPS 186

Numbers are edging up higher...the lower dose may not be holding...will see what tomorrow brings. dancing_cat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.