2/16 Morris AMPS 236

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Gwen and Morris, Feb 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6408

Thankfully, no signs of vomit since he has been home! I have tried the Pepcid, but I am not very successful with it! He does not seem to like the pill pockets!

Yes, I am giving the bupe orally.....I was told either on his tongue or beside his teeth. I am not very good at giving this yet either & have NO idea where I am shooting it in his mouth!

I told the petsitter I wanted him eating....I would prefer the LC, but anything goes if he would eat! The part that really bugged me is that some times she started with the HC or MC without even trying the LC first!!!!

Looks like his appetite is starting to improve! He ate 1/2 can LC yesterday afternoon when he got home & the other 1/2 can he ate overnight! I have set up the timed feeder for today & hopefully he will remember to eat!

2. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Yeah, my Morris got wise to the pill pockets on the second pill and now won't even go near one and it's been a month. I can't imagine trying to put a pill in his cheek pounch...well, maybe, as long as it melts pretty quick. He can foam a pill back out of his mouth within 5 minutes, even after it's melted....don't know how he does that! ohmygod_smile Looks like the bupe is available for sub-q...why not ask the vet if you can try that??

Bummer about the pet sitter not being more careful with the food...but I know what you mean about just getting them to eat anything. For awhile there, I was giving Morris his old SciDieLite just cuz he'd eat it. Of course the BGs went through the roof but at least he got something in his tummy.

One caution about shooting the pills in, you should always follow with a feeding syringe of water, at least an ounce or so, otherwise the pill can get stuck in there and cause distress. Plus that's one way to make sure it went down. :mrgreen:

3. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

With my Morris, it was with pill #1!! LOL!! I gave up & shoved the pill into the back of his mouth & held his mouth closed for a moment or two....I think it went down!

No, the bupe that I need to put into his cheek pouch is a liquid, not a pill.

Well, it took 4-5 days for this oral liquid to arrive at my vets office.....I think I just better learn how to deal with it as I don't want to wait another 4-5 days to get the injectable version!!

The 1/4 pill of Pepcid AC I am trying to get into him twice a day is incredibly small....the food he eats some days has bigger chuncks than what this pill is....I don't think it will be much of a problem. Thanks for the warning though, I will keep my eye on him after giving the pill!

4. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

I guess Morris' appetite hasn't completely returned after all :sad:

My son arrived home from school a short while ago & checked up on Morris.....he has completely finnished his breakfast (1/4 can EVO in his regular bowl), but has not touched any of the food in his timed feeder (1/4 can EVO scheduled for +2, +5 and will turn again shortly at +8). My son is going to attempt to get Morris to eat some of the food now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.