2/16 Quincy AMPS 105 dosecrease pending!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Laura and Quincy, Feb 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laura and Quincy

Laura and Quincy Member

Well, today's the day - a trip this afternoon to the vet. Given Quincy's upcoming stress fest and his blue AMPS # (perhaps a bit Karo-influenced, although he usually clears Karo pretty quickly), I decided to stay with 0.10 this AM instead of attempting a decrease after Quincy pulled a +3~36 last night on that wee dose. I think the plan is to do something like a fat zero, aka "some insulin," from here because in spite of that drop, I don't think he's quite ready for an OTJ trial. I may keep him at 0.10 for a day or two depending on how he responds to the vet. I'm working at home tomorrow so can monitor him. Maybe Thursday I'll try shaving things, depending on what numbers he throws my way today and tomorrow. Thoughts?

Yesterday

2. paige

paige Well-Known Member

I sure can't give any advice but that sounds like a good plan to me. Hope Quincy's BG don't freak out at the vet and if so I hope it clears fast.

Good luck.....and wonderful that you can be home to monitor tomorrow.

BTW - Quincy is very a handsome boy. I LOVE those grey guys.

3. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Hi Laura,

Libby suggested the fat zilch yesterday, let's hope Quincy dont hear ur plans...good luck today at the vets!
    Be brave Quincy!!

4. Laura and Quincy

Laura and Quincy Member

Yes, she did, but I wasn't sure if she meant to start that right away given he'd be at the vet's today. Since he was in the blues this AM, I decided to hold off. And of course, it's always nice to hear from others too!

5. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

No dosing advice from me, but just wanted to say good luck at the vet! :)

6. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

I hope Quincy has forgiven you for the trip to the vettybean. I would probably decrease on the next cycle (unless he has a super vet stress number).

7. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

i agree with libby. go for it whenever you're ready! :mrgreen:

8. Laura and Quincy

Laura and Quincy Member

Thanks! I'll try shaving Quincy's dose probably Thurs unless his AMPS tomorrow is relatively low. That would give him 7 days at 0.10 - maybe a little extra healing time. I just can't help but think in spite of that dip last night to 36, that he's approaching zero insulin very fast, possibly too fast. But hey, who I am to know what Quincy and his pancreas want? :smile:

I'm glad the vet visit is behind us - will post about that tomorrow as I am wiped out! But wanted to share his numbers for today. Quincy definitely was stressed out in the car (hid inside my fleece jacket) and at the vet's, but his BG didn't go super high.

AMPS~105
    +7~71
    +9~100 (taken with my meter at the vet's office)
    PMPS~89
    +3~63

When he went to the vet's 3 months ago, his PMPS ended up at 166. What a difference!

9. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

lol! quincy is leading the dance. all we can do is follow along!
    those are awesome numbers especially for a vet day. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.