2/16 Sami AMBG 74 - PMBG 78 OTJ Trial Day 1

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tina & Sammy, Feb 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tina & Sammy

Tina & Sammy Well-Known Member

Yesterday's Condo

So far so good. Last night Sami was at 74 for her PM test, and I was nervous about it, so I did a test at +3 to ease my mind and she was down to 67, and this was after three mini meals. Now this could be left over insulin from her shed working here, but I really want to believe that it is her own pancreas.

This morning she is also at 74, I wonder if this will be another one of those numbers that she likes. She is happy and perky this morning and was waiting for her test today. I always know when she is really hungry because she tries to grab all the testing equipment. Once she tried to run off with the lancet tool. It is like she wants me to hurry up so she can have her meal.

I finally got to sleep through the night for the first time in a long time. Although at 2:00 am, two fur babies were hungry and kept trying to wake me up. But I didn't move. I know I really need to get out of the habit of letting them have a midnight snack. I did leave out a few cat food popsicles last night and they were all gone this morning. I would still like to get some sort of timed feeder, but they all look so bulky, and I will probably need at least two maybe three, for five cats. Most of the ones that I think might be small enough only seem to have a 6, 12, 18, and 24 hour intervals. I would really like to have something that has 2, and 4 also. Any suggestions? I guess I will keep looking.

Sami doesn't realize it yet, but she doesn't have to go to work with me today.I am sure she will enjoy a nice quiet afternoon cat napping. The office will be very lonely without her, but with her antics yesterday I don't know how many more days of that I could handle. I do still have to get some work done while I am there, and chasing her all over the office to make sure she wasn't going somewhere she shouldn't was exhausting.

2. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Re: 2/16 Sami AMBG 74 - OTJ Trial Day 1

Happy Day 1 Tina and Sami

Looking good :thumbup

3. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy Day 1 Sami...
    Wishing you lots of luck!!
    :thumbup

4. Amy and Pedro

Amy and Pedro Member

Go Sami- hooray for Day 1.

5. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Happy Day 1 Sami!! Looking good, Tina.. Congratulations to you both!
    I bet Sami will love not having to go to the office today ... what a blessing that opportunity was!!

Have a wonderful day!!

6. kate and lucky

kate and lucky Member

Only been awayn a couple of days and look whats happened!! :mrgreen:

Looking verra nice so far-enjoy that sleep you've earnt it.
    You could post a question about your timed feeders in the non-health section of health (if that makes sense!). I know there are a multitude of different ones available.

Bet you secretly likes chasing round the office-think of the calories burned!! :lol:

7. Tina & Sammy

Kate, this is so true. Since Sami has been on insulin I haven't gotten my regular exercise as often as I would have liked. Luckily I haven't added any extra pounds, and we went through the holiday's so that is a feat in itself. Starting tonight I am getting myself back on schedule. I really need it.

8. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

9. Chris & Mally

Chris & Mally Member

Sami is looking great today! Happy Day 1. :smile:

10. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

:RAHCAT

It's gonna take u a little while to ween yourself off testing, I hear around day 8 is pretty common :lol: and I know Sami's ears will thank you for it! :lol:
    You know you dont have to test if your AM/PM BG is green, but I completely understand that feeling of nailbite_smile

Looking very good Sami!

Happy Day 1 !!

11. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy Day 1 Tina and Sami.
    Great job guys.
    :RAHCAT :RAHCAT

12. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Happy Day 1, Sami! :) Looking great so far. Enjoy not going to the office!

13. Dillan420

Dillan420 Member

Happy Day 1!!!!!!!!!!! Great number to start the trial.

14. Jennifer and Porky

Jennifer and Porky Member

Happy day 1! :thumbup

Good luck, Tina and Sami! dancing_cat

15. Tina & Sammy

Sami's PMBG was a little higher than her AMBG, but Ronnie was right it is difficult not to test, and after the 78 for her PM I couldn't resist to test 3 hours later after a few mini meals, and we got a 50. Very Nice end to the evening. I get to go to bed early tonight, but I might have to get up in the middle of the night because I forgot to make more cat food popsicles this morning and there weren't any to leave out at bed time. So we will see if they can make it through the night without a snack. I will probably give them one more mini meal before I head to bed and hopefully they don't eat it all and leave some for later.

16. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

(((Tina & Sami))

Way 2 gooooooooo --- wishing you nothing less than the very best....

Winter Olympics have nothing on Sami!! :mrgreen:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.