2/17/10 - Bashful - PMPS 331

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Theresa&Bashful, Feb 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theresa&Bashful

Theresa&Bashful Member

Yesterday's Condo: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6483

I left my darned sheet of paper with numbers on it at home. I did get a +4 and +5 last night before bed and they were in the 200's, but I can't remember exactly what they were (I do remember the +5 was slightly lower than the +4). I'll add tonight when I get home. Unhappy about this morning's high number. Seems like it's two steps forward, one step back in this process, so darned frustrating. Just makes me want to cry when he gets in the red.

WCR: Amazingly enough, he was more perky this morning (even with the high number) than he was last night. I ended up having to follow (chase) him outside to catch him for his AMPS and shot (and let me tell you it's COLD outside at 6:30 in the morning in just a T-shirt! LOL). He ate well, is drinking well and going poddy well and REALLY wanted back out of the bedroom (I usually keep him in my room for AMPS and the +1 out the door check, then set him free to the general population - this morning he was waiting at the door every time I walked in there trying to get out). He was negative for ketones last night and this morning.

I'm taking him in for his dental this Friday night (it's a 24 hour vet and they will do it toward early morning, I'm sure). They said to go ahead and let him eat and give him a half dose of insulin before bringing him in. By the way, question, the first time I talked to them they didn't think I'd need the blood panel since he just had it 3-4 weeks ago, but then last night when I talked to them they suggested I get it. Do you guys think I need to get that done again to check his current status, since the last one was done just before putting him back on insulin? Or am I just paying for something I don't really need again so quickly, especially since he isn't regulating yet? His first chem panel came back okay other than elevated pancreas levels (which they said didn't surprise them since he was needing insulin).

And I REALLY don't want to be at work today. PMS, it ain't for sissies..LOL

Best,
    Theresa & Bashful

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: 2/17/10 - Bashful - AMPS 415, +1 303 (grrr)

Hi Theresa
    Im wondering if u will see a nice change in Bashful's numbers after dental, sometimes a dental is all that is holding them back, I hope it goes well!!
    Good thoughts! Good thoughts!

Good news on neg ketones!! Yai!!
    hang on for dental feedback, check back if u can thru the day!

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 2/17/10 - Bashful - AMPS 415, +1 303 (grrr)

What pancreas values were elevated? Was this fPLI or other values? The fPLI is a pancreatitis test. The other values would be amylase and lipase.

The reason for a blood test is to make sure there's no infection or something that's out of whack that would prevent the dental or that they can take into account the day of the procedure. I don't know what the outside limit for the blood work would be.

If you've not seen Jill's post on dentals, here's the info:

4. Theresa&Bashful

Theresa&Bashful Member

Re: 2/17/10 - Bashful - AMPS 415, +1 303 (grrr) DENTAL ?'S

I don't think they did a fPLI test, so it must have been the others. I don't have the test in front of me, but can try to track it down when I get home to be sure.

They mentioned the IV for fluids, and I'll go ahead and have the bloodwork done, just to be sure. I don't know if they do the xrays before procedure, but I would assume so. I'll call and ask. He just finished two weeks of Clavamox the end of last week, so I would think that would be sufficient on ABs? I believe they will do the procedure in the early morning hours, so he will have been off food for the 8 hours, but will check on that also. They said to feed him and give half-dose of insulin.

Wondering why you don't want an antibiotic shot? (I don't know if they do one, but they did one before he started the Clavamox).

Do I need to specifically ask for clindamyacin? Or will another AB do? I would have assumed they would probably give Clavamox again, but again, haven't discussed this with them.

T

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.