2/17 Mannie AMPS 147, PMPS+4 42, 2/18 AMPS 274

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michelle and Mannie (GA), Feb 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

HI all. what a day.

I changed Mannie's dose this morning, down from 2.75 to 2.50. We had really low greens last night (yeah!)with a 64 @ +6. I had intended to test @ +9, but never made it: too tired, did not hear the alarm, and bummer. with the amps this morning @ 147, I just had a feeling that I should lower it. Maintained the new one (2.5) at pmps 107 this afternoon. should i have shot lower? we are now at 54 at +3, and have begun the lather and rinse drill.

question is: opinion please: did i make the right call? and should I get another low at amps tomorrow, should i go with the 2.50? I am not home after the amps +1, until just before the pmps. Mannie is on his own during the day for 10 hours. I have a timed feeder that will feed @ +4 and +8, providing of course he is the one that gets it, and not the civvies. :lol: anyways - thoughts anyone?

yesterdays condo: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6524

WCR: actually good :smile: - all 5 p's are in order, preening on top of the list. appetite has lessened some - not a refusal, he's hungry, he just is eating what i feel he knows he needs, and no more. regulation and good i think. It's been sunny here today, and all he wants is to go out and play in the sun. another good. he seems happy, content.

RECAP:
    amps 147
    amps +1 233
    pmps 107
    pmps +2 95
    pmps +3 54

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 2/17 Mannie AMPS 147, PMPS 107 ~ +2 54, eyes please!

Generally, a dose reduction isn't earned until numbers drop below 50. Were you wanting to shoot a BCS dose today? I'm not sure I understand why you reduced Mannie's dose this morning. Tonight, though, he looks like he's headed for a reduction.

Please make sure you give him a few bites of LC and test in 30 min.

3. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Re: 2/17 Mannie AMPS 147, PMPS 107 ~ +2 54, eyes please!

Hi Gabby,

Yeah, know he really hasn't earned the reduction: A BCS I think this AM.... I hadn't planned on it, know he needs to earn it, but uncertainty when i can't be there to test, after low numbers. BCS about sums it up. First time i chickened out.

gave him food, 2 tsps LC. he ate about half. test before this feed was 50. will retest at +4 in a few minutes.

4. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Re: 2/17 Mannie AMPS 147, PMPS +2 54, +4 42, eyes please!

42 @ +4, fed 1 tsp MC with gravy. that he gobbled up. must be good stuff! :D

5. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Look at Mannie go!! :mrgreen:
    Repeat! lol

6. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Well, it looks like Mannie earned the reduction you already gave him!! You must be psychic!!!

I do think this is shed action since you really don't know how low Mannie may have gone last night. I'm really not sure whether another dose reduction would make sense. Two in a row generally don't hold and, there's a good chance Mannie's numbers will be high tomorrow morning. One of the more experienced beans will be by to help sort this out.

7. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Hindsight is 20/20, I love that! Now you know that YES Mannie needed a reduction to 2.5. Tonight's lower numbers are shed action from yesterday's 2.75 so I wouldn't reduce again, but at least now you don't need to worry about whether you should go back up to 2.75. :mrgreen:

Of course, you're really supposed to wait until after the reduction is earned to take it. Details, details...... :lol: It worked out fine, though.

8. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

lol! michelle, i think this is a first for LL! :lol:
    congrats on the reduction!

9. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Hi Gabby --- :lol: :lol: don't know about the psychic part - it was just a gut reaction, a little fear, and a ton of uncertainty, and went with the gut....

I will wait to see if an opinion comes through tonite on tomorrows amps dose - i will plan in 2.5, unless the opinion is other wise.

and yea - i would not be at all surprised to see high numbers in the morning, but i would like to prepared with what to do if i don't. and also true on the shed action - i truly do not know what he did last night, nor mid day today.

and hey - hi Ronnie. Gooooooooo kitty! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

oh: +4.5 @ 54. kitty does love his gravy. fed another tsp at +4.5. will retest @ +5, back to LC should we be on the rise, but low.

10. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Whatever you did--Good Job!! Yep, lather rinse, repeat is the key! Nice going there Michelle..

11. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

well leave it to me to break the mold.... too freakin' funny. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i made my last post before I saw yours Jill and yours too Libby OMG - one has to love the details. I've read the rules and guidelines a thousand times over, know the ins and the outs, but somehow this AM when I knew I couldn't be there for him, knew i was coming off low numbers last pmps, didn't know what he'd done at night (damn alarm!), didn't see what i thought I'd get in the AM, that little voice said shoot lower. lordie be, and leave it to me.

Thanks to all that worked me through this evening. your support, even when I'm being a dumb-a** is much appreciated. thank you again.

can hardly wait to see what +5 brings. WOO HOO! still lathering still rinsing, at least a little longer. :smile:

12. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

61 at +5. and on the rise. fed another tsp food, though i think he is "food-ed out", he ate about half.

13. Jill & Alex (GA)

there's a nice rise...

14. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

phew... and 71 @ +5.5 the boy is on the move.

15. Jill & Alex (GA)

very nice number for a +5.5! good to see him rising. hope he doesn't bounce hard from the 42...

16. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

oh boy, and me too! He has done that before - all the way up to a 573. it's kind of what i expected this morning, and when i didn't get it... well, here we are.

one more poke at +6... the poor boy. with the last two tests i've been greeted with heavy kitty sighs, but he still comes and sits on my lap. cat_pet_icon cat_pet_icon

i can hardly wait for the amps.

17. Jill & Alex (GA)

i'll catch up to you tomorrow. have an early morning tomorrow.
    i'm really curious to see his amps...

18. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

thanks! i will post it in the morning. I will plan on a 2.5 dose

+6 @ 80. (yeah - still rising!) offered 1 tsp LC: one lick of the food only - the boy has had enough. I will leave some out, and DH will offer more before he goes ni ni @ +8

have a good early morning. early riser here, always have been. 4 am - what a glorious hour... :lol:

19. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Good Morning LL :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

AMPS this AM 274. wow - awesome I think, considering I expected a hard bounce from last nights 42. Will check again a +1 before i head into TBP.

update: 354 @ amps +1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.