2/17 Morris AMPS 344; PMPS 358 - more p~itis questions

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Gwen and Morris, Feb 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6477

I was having computer difficulties last night (or, perhaps, it was user difficulties as I was 1/2 asleep at the time!) so I did not post anything last evening. Morris did not eat very much at all yesterday :sad: By the time I got home, it was almost PMPS time & he hadn't touched any of the food that was in his timed feeder! So, for the entire day, all he ate was 1/4 can EVO! After I gave him all his meds, I opened up the lid of the timed feeder & decided to let him free feed last night.....there was 3 portions of 1/4 can EVO divided into sections in there. By this morning, he had eaten it all up!! :smile:

Today, I again put his food into the divided sections of the timed feeder, but I will leave the lid open so he can decide when to eat. I have 1/2 can EVO & a full can of LC Fancy Feast portioned out. I seemed to have better luck this morning getting the pepcid into him.....I am not sure how much of the bupe got in, however, as I did see at least a bit on his fur & a small drop also got onto my pants! Hopefully enough got into him though!!

Tonight, we will give another dose of SQ fluids to him.....it will be the last of what we have here at home. Not sure if I should be continuing with the fluids after today or not! He is eating better than he was last week, but still not back to what he was eating before all of this started. My regular vet returns to work tomorrow.....hopefully I will hear from her either tonight or some time tomorrow!! I will also ask her about the B12 shots when I hear from her. (Should this B12 shot be a regular thing, or just when he is having a p~itis flare?)

Questions.....how long should I be giving the pepcid for? Should this now be a daily thing, or just until he gets his appetite back & is over this p~itis flare? How long should I give the bupe for? The label says to give every 8-12 hours for 14 days (when I asked over on health, it was suggested I give it for 5 days straight, then just as needed).

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: 2/17 Morris AMPS 344

Hi Gwen and Morris!

hope ur day going well, I have no answers about your questions, but hopefully others can shed a light.

Nice to see he's eating well!

3. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 2/17 Morris AMPS 344

Not sure about the questions you asked...I am so sorry...but maybe if you put it in your header there might be some who will know all about it...so many people here have experience...
    I hope Morris feels better real soon....

4. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

I have tried asking my p~itis questions over on the health board, but I am not getting many responses! Thought I would try here as well!

Today, he ate 1/2 can EVO & about 3/4 can LC Fancy Feast. I have put an entire can of LC Friskies into his timed feeder for this evening & left the lid open so he can eat when he wants to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.