2/17 Morris PMPS 134 Not Eating Again

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Brenda and Morris, Feb 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6456

Morning LLanders!!! :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

WCR: We have completed all P's but the Poo and he's back up in his cat napper surveying the neighborhood. One worrisome thing...he regurgitated food after eating it this morning, which he hasn't done since when he first got sick. I'd dearly love to get a pepcid into him but I'm saving that fight for later in the day when I am feeling more alert. @-)

As I suspected, Morris' dose reduction isn't holding so I increased him back to .50. It's actually a relief to have him at a number that appears on the syringe so I can be sure of the consistent dosing. :roll:

Have a loverly day everyone!!

2. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Re: 2/17 Morris AMPS 204

Hey Brenda I soooooo Knwo what you mean!! I just ordered ez dose magnifyer as Barbara recommended--We'll see :-|
    Morris & Moonie have almost the same amps today--Who's going down first??
    I say Morris!--Have a great day--I'm off to WW--Huggies~!

3. Amy and Pedro

Amy and Pedro Member

We really should have a picture of all of us trying to see how much is in the syringe. I have on my glasses, a headlamp, and a magnifyer. And it's really challenging in the AM when I already feel cross eyed. And I wonder why Pedro turns tail when he sees me?

4. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Sometimes, I want to laugh at my husband trying to get the 0.1 right. And then I remember when I was doing the shots and trying to get 0.5 right and I shut right up. :)

5. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Re: 2/17 Morris AMPS 204, +8~88

Morris is not eating again today...he ate a little bit this morning, then regurgitated it and now hasn't eaten all day. I hope this isn't another "here we go again"! :sad:

Cooking some nice chicken gizzards for him and roasting some plain chicken breasts for both of us...we'll see.

6. Amy and Pedro

Amy and Pedro Member

Come on Morris - you got some real good comfort food coming your way. Eat up.

7. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Morris ate nothing today except maybe two small bites of the chicken I prepared for him. He is already skin and bones so this is not good. I will try to syringe feed him a little bit shortly. This is so demoralizing after fighting the diarrhea for the last 6 weeks and it's finally getting a bit better. We need some vines again please. :cry: :cry:

8. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Poor Morris, come on kitty, eat your fuds, it's yummy good stuff. cat_pet_icon
    (((Brenda))) hang in there! Will be sending eating vines and vibes for Morris!

9. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

Brenda, whatever he will eat, feed it. Dry, whatever, you can work around it until he eats freely on his own. Good Luck.

10. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Brenda,
    if you are going to syringe feed him, is there a chance you can mash up the piece of pepcid into whatever you are feeding Morris? He could have better luck at keeping the food down if his stomach is settled.
    Even with the pill shooter, I have to keep reshoot the piece a few times before Shadoe's pepcid stays down. She does seem better after, so keep trying to get it down.

I hope Morris feels better soon.

11. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Pepsid may be a good suggestion especially if you see his appetite pick up afterward. Have you gotten an appetite stimulant from your vet (mirtazapine or cyproheptadine)? If not, it may be time to look into this.

I agree with Barbara, give him anything he will eat -- even HC. It is important that Morris eats otherwise you are facing a host of other problems.

ETA: What kind of HC are you feeding Morris? Is it "gravy" type of HC? If so, is there any chance he's gluten sensitive and that's what's causing the liquipoo? There are some foods (e.g., Wellness has a shrimp, herring and something else) that's either MC or HC. Or, you can mix Karo into LC gluten free to get HC or MC food.

12. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

come on Morris, eat for your mama!

13. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

not sure if you're already doing this... give the pepcid about 30 minutes before feeding.
    sending "please eat" vines...

14. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

OK MORRIS Here comes my eating your food spell!!!! :thumbup fll_moon dancing_cat
    Munchie Munchie Morris, eat up your yummee foods--Or else you get the shrimp!! Ground of course--
    Sending my strongest eating vines and hungry thoughts to our dear Morris..That's right Morris, magical poo & eating !!!
    That's what you need--& our biggest HUGS~!!!!!! Come on Boy!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.