2/17 Six's PMPS 139

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amy and Six, Feb 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Six is doing much better. No cough, alert, moving around the house again.

Today's reacp
    AMPS 276
    + 162
    +3 87
    +3.25 86
    PMPS 139
    +1 193
    +3 155

I happened to catch the +3 after AMPS because of a 2 hr delay for work. Won't happen again this week - snow has moved on.

If you look at his ss, Six seems to like to drop during the day. Yesterday I caught a +4 of 67 and it might have gone lower (or not, his nadir is around +4 or +5) if the cable guy hadn't freaked him out. But again, I was able to catch it because of a snow day.

I am worried he's working towards a dose decrease, but I won't be around to catch it. I can leave out more food - he does eat when his numbers drop. I don't really have enough evidence to know if LC helps him surf.

What are thoughts about moving him to a skinny 3.0 or even a 2.75 in the morning? He will be alone from +1.5 - +10.5 for tomorrow. Friday the DH will be around in the morning to catch some BG.

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I have the same concerns with Gabby. The timed feeder has helped allay my fears. I think you should wait to see where his numbers are in the AM.

3. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

if you're pretty comfortable that Six will eat if he needs to, I would hold the dose until he actually earns the reduction. Looking at his spreadsheet as a whole, there is a little bit of green and a good bit of blue, but also still a lot of pink. It's good to hold onto doses for as long as possible to try to make green an everyday occurrence. We don't always get to control that, but it's nice when we can.

I'm glad Six is feeling better.

4. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Thanks for the support today, Amy! Glad Six feels better - I'll bet a decrease will come soon, whether or not it's tomorrow1 :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.