2/18/19 Olive AMPS 237; +7=98; PMPS 269; +5.5=44/56; +6=56; +7=69 Video, RANT

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Olive & Paula, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Yesterday Caber 136

Dosecrease on board. Olive is status quo.

Tux vomited again during the night. Still not eating this morning. Will call vet as soon as they open. Boiling chicken and some gizzards thawing now to see if he will eat that. If not then we go to syringe feeding. Bupre given but doesn't seem to be in pain. He's walking around, jumping in windows. Will try to get some different brands of food today.

Saw 11 deer walking up our driveway this morning.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  2. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Sending lots of vines to Tux!
    Good luck with the dosecrease.

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers for Tux. Good luck with the new dose.

4. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Vines for Tux. I hope you can get him in to see the vetty today.

11 deer! We only have 5 or 6 this year, and even the regulars aren't as regular as they have been in the past. The snow pack is very deep this year.

Common, Olive: work that juice!

5. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

More Vines for Tux. I hope he starts eating something for you so you don't have to assist feed. Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.
    Not a bad start for Olive, good luck with the dosecrease. I see that she oh so nearly got a green last night, it practically looks green if I squint at it.

Giomax likes this.
  6. Olive & Paula

Tux appt in 1 hr.

7. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Good luck Paula, I know we are all sending Vetty Vines for Tux, and hoping they can get him eating again.

8. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Sending vetty vines for Tux! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

9. CassAndGordy(GA)

CassAndGordy(GA) Well-Known Member

Vetty vines for Tux. Hopefully they are able to diagnose. Rex, my civvie, has gastro upsets too. Its not fun.

10. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Vines for Tux. Hope the new dose gets Oluve into green.

11. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Good to hear Tux is acting OK Healing energy.gif

12. Olive & Paula

What is with vets !!!!

Grant you this isn't the Dr I normally see for the civvies but being squeezed in you have to take who is available.

Dr. Most definitely p'titis and that is painful.. Me- ER only have me 3 days of bupre, I will need more. Dr. He doesn't need it. WTH???

ER told me to get cerenia from you. Dr. I will give another injection, he won't need any more. Me-he is nauseous and vomits if he smells food. Put one of those treats in front of him. Dr did, Tux threw up on him (yeah Tux prove our case). Dr gave me a box.

Me-can be have ondansteron? Dr. not needed, cerenia will take care of it. Me it's for vomiting more than cerenia is, can be given together. Dr really should not give together, one will over power the other. Me-ok I will give a couple hrs later. He gave me 3 pills. (I will give when he needs it).

Me-ER mentioned clavamox. But I won't use it because every cat I have had including Tux has vomited from it. Tux is already vomiting, so what else is there. Dr-I will give convenia. Me-look at his chart. It says no convenia. Dr- ok I won't give anything.

Dr-will give you mirtz for stimulant. Me-i prefer cypo, cats can become quite hyper on mirtz. Dr-yes they can but Tux will be okay if it happens. Me-no I won't take the chance.

He gave subqs. Said to add water to his food. Me-he is not eating. We are on 48 hrs of no food. Can I get some a/d so I can syringe feed starting tonight if he still isn't eating. Dr-a/d can irritate the pancreas more because of fat. Me-what do you have that I can mix well to syringe feed. He gave me i/d at least it's feline food.

This Dr just graduated last year from Penn State Veterinary.

So back to where we were $825 later. Rant over.

13. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

14. Olive & Paula

He's starting to eat. So I'm giving small amounts rest of day.

15. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Oh my how very frustrating Paula! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Happy to hear that Tux is starting to eat!

16. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Maybe all the meds are what's causing nausea & vomiting?

17. Olive & Paula

He wasn't on any meds. This is civvie Tux.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  18. Olive & Paula

Need some thing to smile at around here. Thought this fit. PJ having fun. She runs between both toys.

19. Giomax

Giomax Member

How many cattos do you have? :)

Gio has that rolling ball toy too and he LOVES it. His is orange. Have you had to replace the inner cardboard yet? There's a funny note inside when you do LOL

20. Olive & Paula

Have 4 cats. I haven't replaced the scratch ring yet. So far that's the only one PJ hasn't shredded.

21. Giomax

Giomax Member

Lift it out quick and have a look :D

22. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Sorry The vet was so unhelpful and expensive! The more I read about other’s vets, the more I appreciate mine. Very glad Tux is eating a little, hope he continues to improve.
    PJ is gorgeous! I love the markings on her face and neck! Very unique!

Olive & Paula and Giomax like this.
  23. Olive & Paula

We looked. Nothing under it.

24. Giomax

Giomax Member

What!! :eek:

25. Olive & Paula

Nothing. What did yours have?

26. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

You think spending years in vet school would teach them anything...... Last week, one of the newer vets asked my opinion on a newly diagnosed diabetic animal. I was happy to help but certainly really concerned that she's asking me when I did not study vet med and only started really understanding FD 6 months ago.

I'm so sorry about the vet and Tux. But so glad he's eating a little bit.

Olive & Paula likes this.
  27. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I guess Olive didn't want that dosecrease. :eek:

Great video of PJ.

Paws crossed Tux keeps his food down now. :banghead::banghead: On the vet today. BTW, Cerenia is better for vomitting, ondansetron more for nausea. You can now get transdermal mirtazapine that you rub in their ear that gets absorbed more slowly and less likely to have the side effects of the pill. Too bad newbie vet doesn't know the difference between feline and canine pancreatitis and food. :rolleyes:

28. Olive & Paula

It was the ER tech who didn't difference of food. I debated whether to give .25 or .5. Guess I was wrong again. I thought ondansteron was for vomiting. I don't think the vet carries mirtz in transdermal. Tux would have to wait, I don't know if that would be good. He ate earlier but not eating again now.

29. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Loves the video, I have both those toys and my cats doesn’t like either, I think they are just to old to play with the,. I play with it more than they do, they will for a few min and then are like mom! Those doesn’t come out and I can’t eat them so what’s the point lol

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.
  30. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Cerenia is for vomiting. Ondan for nausea. They work differently. I gave 2mg Ondan and 6mg Cerenia PM (together) and 2mg Ondan AM.

I gave up asking for Rx's and just told them what I needed. I also ordered them online and the pharmacy would just call for authorization. It was noted in Gizmo's chart to approve any requests. I sent the Cerenia, Ondan and cypro that I had left to @Amanda & Shmee or I would send it to you. I always had it on hand because of Gizmo's history with panc and then the last 6 months or so he was getting it daily.

You can get the transdermal Mirtz from Diamondback, though I never gave the transdermal, he got a sliver of a pill. It is about finding the right dose between hyper and just enhancing the appy. And if you can get a/d you may not have to syringe it, he may eat it on its own. I don't know what they put in it but it was my last resort, go-to when I couldn't get Gizmo to eat. Good stuff. If you can get a prescription from your vet you can get it from Petsmart that has a vet in house. Much less $$ and the rx is good for 6 months. I also had several cans I kept on hand.

Hope Tux is doing better. Love the video of PJ playing.

:bighug::bighug:

31. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Oh, Paula, how did I miss all this yesterday!??? I hope Tux is doing better today. What a pain in the butt your vet visit was not to mention the hole in the wallet......

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

32. Giomax

Giomax Member

Attached Files:

33. Olive & Paula

The Dr I like at the practice would give me what I asked for because he knows me and he treated Smokey. This Dr doesn't know me or knew Smokey. I can understand they just don't want to give stuff because people ask. But geez Tux was sick and clearly so. Tux convinced him heheheh. The a/d is my go to also, but he wouldn't give it. Next time I see the Dr I like I'll get some.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  34. Olive & Paula

That gave me a chuckle. Congrats on destruction. PJ is good at that and looks cute while destroying.

Giomax likes this.
  35. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry Paula! It shouldn't be so hard to get treatment for a sick furbaby. I'm sending vines to Tux, hopefully he gets back to eating soon!

36. Olive & Paula

hole in wallet..... What wallet????? My carecredit is maxed thank goodness olives dental was 2 yr limit. But everyone else is 6 months. And there are a lot of those. Olive is overdue for her echo by 6 months. Dr I don't think will renew the cabergoline unless I get her in there which is next month. Tux ER visit hasn't hit yet, so today in going to bank to get enough from vet emergency acct (one I never had to touch) to pay carecredit off.