2/18 Morris PMPS 79

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Brenda and Morris, Feb 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6544

Morning LLanders!!! :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
    I had to wait an hour to give Morris his AM shot....his AMPS was 63, which I would have shot at one point when I knew he would eat, but with this not eating, I was a bit skeered. nailbite_smile Gave him some food, which he ate about 10 licks of the liquid in it and he was done. Then I gave him some pepcid hidden in a bit of Laughing Cow cheese on a tiny piece of cracker. I discovered this last night when I was having my before bed WW snack...he was begging for it so I gave him a tiny bit and he ate it. So I figured why not hide the pill in it and see if he notices it...the tiny piece of cracker covers up the crunchy of the pill and the sticky cheese makes it hard to spit it out... so far it has worked twice. :twisted:

Last night he ate a very small amount of the cooked chicken and gizzards, maybe 1/2 oz total??, so I didn't syringe feed him. He gets so stressed out I just couldn't do it...what a wimp! :? When I got up at 2 a.m., I tested him and he was 84 and still had a couple hours til nadir, so I gave him a few Temptation treats...he always eats those like they're going out of style. So I was surprised to see the 63 this morning. When I finally got him up to 103 an hour later, I shot him with a reduced dose of fat .25u...yeah right, who knows whether it was fat or not if you count the bubble that's usually in there? ohmygod_smile

He had a nearly solid magical poo and a healthy pee overnight so that area is OK, now it's just the eating that is the problem again. I may have to resort to cheese and crackers for his lunch...maybe I can hide a cypro (appy stim) in it, although I didn't find them to work very well the last time around...and yes I have tried the mirtz and that didn't work at all.

All in all, I'm having a deja vu feeling here. @-)

2. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 2/18 Morris AMPS 63

Brenda,
    When Shadoe is eating lazy and just licking up the water in the food, I just add more and she laps up some more.
    I am gonna get some of that cheese; I have a devil of a time getting those 1/4 pepcids down Shadoe's throat even with the pill shooter! I hope that the pepcid kicks in soon.

Hopefully, he'll get bit by bit more food in him.
    The LB action sounds improving and I take that as a good sign for sure!

Scratches for Morris for his trying hard to get better. Good job Morris! :thumbup

3. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope Morris gets his appetite back soon.....but glad things are ok n the other departments!
    Hope you two have a nice day...at least the sun is out. has Morris been out at all lately? Raja hasn't even gone near the front door. :lol:
    Real Florida kitty! Her blood thinned out too after moving down here! waving to you both ...can you see me? :razz:

4. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Laughing Cow. I wish I owned stock in that company. I have used it exclusively for years to give my animals pills. It has never failed. ANTIJINX ANTIJINX ANTIJINX!

I never thought of adding the bit of cracker to cover the crunch. That's a great idea.

5. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Morris!!! Do I have to call you & speak directly to you??
    But he has eaten some food! And a good poo!! That's progress!
    I think it's time for shrimp as it worked last time..Come on Morris--we all wuv you!! :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :thumbup

6. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

Hey Morris. Nice numbers but to keep them that way you need to eat. Have you tried Parm cheese on his food? Maybe that will help. Glad all the plumbing is working well. That is one plus.

7. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Re: 2/18 Morris AMPS 63, +6~51

OK, Roni did her spell thingy on him (and I snuck him a cypro in Cow cheese) and he is eating now. Just tested him at +6 and he's 51...I hesitate to give him anything right now to bring him up as it may turn in to a surf (he only got .25u this morning) so will check him again in a half hour or so.

Thanks Roni and others for the spells and vines!!

8. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Morris,
    You are such a good boy. I am so glad to hear you are feeling better and the foods are more to your liking. ;-)

9. Amy and Pedro

Amy and Pedro Member

Gee look at you Morris - surf buddy. What a great technique to get your momma bean to give you all those treats.

10. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Morris is my best subject :lol: :lol: :lol: --He always listens--It's cause I'm Moonie's Momma :D :D :D

11. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Re: 2/18 Morris AMPS 63, +6~51, PMPS 79

Yes Roni, so that makes you the mother-in-law. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    He started eating but I am continuing to give him the cypro...I can't risk him stopping again. The diarrhea is back too. :shock: I guess I will have to call the vet about getting him started on Bupe next...hope it's injectable. :?
    His numbers are pretty good, and I reduced him down to .25 again...nice green surf today and I strapped on the BOS and shot the 79 (after making sure he ate of course :D ).

12. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Nice PMPS Brenda, and ya u got BOS!!
    :mrgreen:

13. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Glad to see that Morris is eating better, but not to happy to see the liquipoo happening again. Hope Morris can get it together soon. Feel better morris!! Oh,yea...nice numbers today!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.