2/19 Morris AMPS 198; PMPS 529!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Gwen and Morris, Feb 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6682

Sorry I am so late at posting this today, but it has been the strangest/craziest day at work for some strange reason!

I heard back from my vet last night. Since Morris is finally eating better, she said I could discontinue the SQ fluids. She does want me to continue with the bupe for the full 14 days. She has not heard of B12 being beneficial for pancreatitis, but does know it is useful for IBD. She will do some more investigating & get back to me about that (she didn't sound like she opposed me giving it & believes they have some in stock at the clinic). She was also confused when looking at Morris' lab results from last week & the vet I saw last week questioning if Morris really does have pancreatitis or not! The vet I saw last week was not in yesterday for my vet to confer with, but they will both be at work today & my vet will discuss with her more about Morris.

Morris does seem to be definately feeling better. He is eating much better & has not been as grumpy the past couple of days either. Hopefully he will remain happy this weekend for our road trip! LOL! I don't want to upset him too much this weekend, so I think I will just continue with the pre-shot BG tests. Once we are back home next week, however, I will start getting more spot checks in. The vet I saw last week was wanting me to get another full curve done in the next while (every 2 hours for a minimum of 16 hours straight)....I will plan that for next weekend.

Tonight, I will get everything packed & ready for the road trip. We will have to leave right after I give Morris his insulin tomorrow morning. Hopefully, the hotel we are staying at will have a computer in the lobby for guests to use & I will be able to post here & let you know how we are making out!

2. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 2/19 Morris AMPS 198 - vet update

happy to hear he's feeling better!
    good luck with your road trip. we've done several road trips with our kitties and they've done fine...

3. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that Morris is doing a little better...maybe a nice weekend away will help...
    Hope you have a good time....

4. Amy and Pedro

Amy and Pedro Member

Happy Morris is feeling and eating better
    Enjoy your road trip-

5. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

I'm so glad to hear Mr Grumpy is getting better! My Morris LOVES to ride in the car...hope yours does too! haha_smiley

6. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

Not liking this PMPS number! Now that the pancreatitis symptoms seem to be settling, next week I will attempt to get back on track with his diabetes!

We are leaving right after Morris has his insulin & eats a bit in the morning, so I won't have time to post. If the hotel does have a computer I can use, I will see if I can get on here tomorrow evening & let you all know how the road trip is going!

7. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.