2/19 Quincy AMPS 125

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Laura and Quincy, Feb 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laura and Quincy

Laura and Quincy Member

Disappointed but not totally surprised by this number as Quincy vomited clear liquid around 1:30am. Usually a bout of vomiting is marked by a higher BG reading later. Time to start a new vomit-free streak. Unfortunately this one only lasted 6 days, but at least this was just liquid, no food. He might have eaten a little more than usual last night because he threw up a PMPS of 79 and I was going out. He didn't go low, though, I don't think, as last night's +5 was 76. Still, quite a gain to be at 125 this AM. I suspect he'll go down considerably in a few hours, but I won't be home to check. He'll get snacks via timer feeder around +3 and +6, though.

This is the sort of thing that makes me want to hold Quincy at 0.10. Maybe I'm fearful of a failed OTJ trial, but I just don't think he's quite ready. I think that 36 he threw me early in the week was a fluke, at least for now.

Kelly - saw your question yesterday re: Quincy's GI issues. Still vomiting, but less so than before. I posted more details in his birthday report last week, when you were really busy attending to poor Logan.

Other than the vomiting, Quincy seems good. Always interested in food, energetic, and had a good BM this AM. Come to think of it, he didn't have one yesterday - maybe that also contributed to a higher BG this AM. We'll never know!

Yesterday

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Pretty darn good SS...I dont blame u for holding the dose awhile longer, u just want to be sure it will stick, and you've good things going here with Quincy.

Hope ur having a good day and Quincy being the good kitty that he is! :mrgreen:

3. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

go ahead and hold onto the dose a little longer if you'd like.
    interventions are always scheduled for the 15th of the month so you have...
    ummm, 24 more days before we knock on your door to confiscate your syringes! :lol:

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Quincy's SS looks great!

Hmmmm...I wonder how we do a virtual intervention?

5. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

LOL, ok now we're doing interventions? I'm SURE I'm not the right person to do that, because I was really afraid to stop shooting too!

Do what you feel is right, after all this time your gut is probably right.

6. Laura and Quincy

Laura and Quincy Member

I sure hope by the 15th Quincy's on something less than 0.10! Just needs to give me some more morning greens...

It's good to hear from others who were nervous about weaning their cats off insulin too. Most of the cats I see on OTJ trials or OTJ completely had flatter curves than Quincy, with lower AMPS #s. None of his dose decreases were earned by spending a full week under 100, but hopefully that will change soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.