2/19 SCRABBLE PMPS 289 +2 255

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michelle & Scrabble (GA), Feb 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

AMPS 358, I tested a little early since he was dying to eat and wouldn't leave me alone so I tested about half hour before the shot. Scrabble seems to be himself and happy which is good!! I am glad I got this home testing under my belt!! Dropping off a copy of Scrabble's spreadsheet to the vet tomorrow so she can see his numbers. Will see what she says about his dose. Tomorrow in the pm will be exactly a week on a 1 unit dose. What are everyone's thoughts on increasing?
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6646

2. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Re: 2/19 SCRABBLE AMPS 358 when dose increase?

Good morning Michelle and Scrabble :coffee: I can't really give you any dosing advice but I know that someone will be able to today! Congrats on getting the home testing down! Have a great day :mrgreen:

3. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Michelle & Scrabble,
    I'm glad you're dropping off your SS to your Vet. I am new, too, with home testing. I think your Vet will be impressed with how well you are doing. I will be interested in hearing what she suggests. I don't know about your Vet, but mine needed a push on the home testing. Hope Scrabble has a good day. Take care.

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I think the posts from yesterday were suggesting that you could raise Scrabble's dose by .25u whenever you were ready. I'd also suggest you bring a copy of the Tilly protocol (or the Roomp & Rand article) to your vet along with your SS.

5. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Gonna go to the vet in a little while and I will bring his ss and a copy of tilly's protocol. A .25 dose increase sounds like it would be good, I would like to see if I can find the syringes at a local pharmacy. Gonna get a +6 in a bit, will post and will post after I go to vet!

6. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Re: 2/19 SCRABBLE AMPS 358 when dose increase?+6 286

+6 286, gonna go to vet when I finish my coffee, will be back to check what you guys think about the dose increase!

7. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 2/19 SCRABBLE AMPS 358 when dose increase?+6 286

FYI - I had no luck finding 1/2 unit syringes at either Walgreens or CVS.

8. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Re: 2/19 SCRABBLE AMPS 358 vet advice update

HI, just got back from vets and I dropped off a copy of Scrabble's ss and a copy of tilly's protocol. The vet said she will read the protocol on her lunch break and let me know what she thinks. She wants me to do a bg curve on Monday(since it is my day off) and after the results of that she would like to discuss a dose increase. I ordered the 1/2 unit markings syringes from hocks.com and they shipped today so hopefully I will have them by next Tuesday so I can probably start a dose increase then. What does everyone thinK????

9. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

Re: 2/19 SCRABBLE AMPS 358 vet advice update/feedback?

you have plenty of room to increase now, michelle, so that's what i recommend.
    vets often increase in larger increments but moving up the dose in 0.25u increments has been helpful to most of us.

10. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

i agree with chris. you have room to increase the dose to 1.25u today.
    yesterday, someone mentioned walmart not having ReliOn syringes with half unit markings. if they have U100 3/10cc relion syringes in stock... they come with half unit markings. the new boxes don't say "marked with half units", but ALL relion 3/10cc syringes come with half unit marks: http://www.relion.com/diabetes/syringes (scroll down to the note at the bottom).

"NOTE: All 3/10cc syringes feature half unit markings."

in my experience, the clerk will tell you they don't have them in stock because they don't say "half unit marks" on the box.

11. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

I found the 1/2 mark syringes at Walmart, but the actual syringe looks wider thicker) than the Walgreens syringes, if this makes any sense. The Walmart syringes are 1/2 ml cc 29 gauge length 12.7mm doses up to 50 units. I did not need a prescription.

Now the Walgreens syringes are 29 guage 1/2" (12.7mm) Needle Super Thin, Comfort Assured.

12. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Re: 2/19 SCRABBLE PMPS 289/question about numbers?

HI ok well I am going to go to Walmart tomorrow so I will see if they have any of the syringes. I do not want to make the dose change until I get them. That is ok right? The question I had which no one may be able to answer is why is Scrabble pmps and +6 for today are so similar? Shouldn't his pmps # be quite a bit higher? Just curious!!??
    Also is it bad to not follow the vets advice???

13. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

nice yellow...antijinx!

I'm curious to see where he is at +3 tonight (hint hint) :lol:

14. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Gonna only be able to get a +2 because I have to leave for work before +7 but I am curious where +2 will be???

15. paige

paige Well-Known Member

FWIW - I never followed my vets advice because it scared me. :mrgreen: THis place was what really made us get where we are now.

16. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

nice yellow preshot. :smile:

It's ok for this number to be the same as +6. That's the way Lantus is supposed to work, with a nice flat curve. What we're working toward is getting a flat curve in a range of numbers that we like (blue and green).

I agree with the others that you have room for an increase to 1.25. It will be easier to measure once you get your new syringes.

17. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Good to know(about the vet's advice!), hahaha, Hopefully I can find those needles tomorrow so I can start. I do not feel comfortable making the change until I have the new needles.

18. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

what you want to get from walmart is the ReliOn U100 syringes - 3/10cc - 31 gauge - 5/16" length. they hold 30 units of insulin. 31 gauge is the thinnest needle you can get. the markings should look like the scale on the left:

[​IMG]

yes, it's ok to make the dose change when you have the syringes marked with half units.
    scrabble's numbers aren't going to make a whole lot of sense until you've collected more data and even at that, sometimes they remain flat throughout a cycle. sometimes a flat cycle precedes a cycle with some action. sometimes it doesn't. :D

19. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

+2 255, glad for more yellows today!! Cross your fingers that I find syringes at Walmart tomorrow! Scrabble seems happy tonight, sleepy as usual, I am off to work!

20. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Have a good nite Michelle!

Paws crossed for syringes!! :D

21. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

of course i wouldn't have a problem following the vet's advice if i thought it was good and fit Tilly, which works. but there's no sense waiting a few days for permission to increase the dose when it's time now. after all, why have the cat sit in higher numbers while you wait? that's really the point. it's just healthier for all their systems to have blood glucose be closer to a normal number. usually i just nod my head to my vet but follow tilly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.