2/19 Shadoe pmps 317 +3 338 cycle 1 9uL & 0.1uR

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Blue, Feb 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Yesterday’s Condo

Yesterday's recap:
    418 - amps
    340 - pmps
    351 - +3
    310 - +6
    331 - today's amps

So that was a nice day of lovely pinks, and hopefully the last after tonight.
    Tonight we start the R along with Lantus and bring it down a notch or two, see if we can cruise into yellows or even blues, then surf to the next shot.
    Hey one can hope. :smile:

Last night was not too bad with Shadoe even sleeping with me last night. I know she is feeling pretty good if she is sleeping with me, so it was a relief to wake up with an 11lb+ cat draped over my legs. Who knows? Maybe this dose is agreeing with her. It's not working well enough though.
    LB action is just fine, and her appetite is very good this morning, eating about 1/2 cup worth of 0carb turkey&giblets which was nice - no Mz Picky this morning.

Shadoe jumped right up for her test, as soon as I got up, and ate her pure snacks reward for the test/shot.

Ronnie, I think the cost is around $24; I stopped on the way home at Shoppers to make sure they had stock. After the gym at 4pm, I'll hustle down to Walmart to stock up on strips and syringes; my supplies are too low to withstand the strain of a whole weekend of Ronnie style curves haha_smiley

Shadoe's done a nice fresh smelly for me before I leave for work. She's getting all comfy now, first up on the test spot and then down onto the floor so she can stretch herself out really long. Yup, she's feeling real spunky today; that's a good thing.

Scratches to the kitties and get well wishes for those who are a bit under the weather and struggling, both kitties AND beans. :smile:

Ewww, gotta go and clean the LB pronto; my eyes are starting to water haha_smiley

2. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 2/19 Shadoe amps 331 cycle 6 8.5u

You're funny Gayle :D
    Have a good day, and good luck with the R tonight.

3. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Dyana,
    I know we may all laugh about it, but we also know that smell.
    Like eeewwww ohmygod_smile what IS that smell??
    Smells like something dead the cat may have literally dragged in from outside.

No wonder she literally dances and does a 2-step after one of those dumps; I bet she feels waaay better with that load out of her.

I keep hoping they will be one of those magical poops I heard so much about but nope, they do nothing for Shadoe's numbers, but lots for clearing out my sinuses!

Have a great day.

4. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Will be looking for great things now Shadoe girl.....after that magical poop and the R tonight...wow...
    Hold on to your hats!!! Good luck with everything Gayle...you are doing such a great job!!! :thumbup

5. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck with tonight Gayle
    Even though I am "away" and yess my bb is on so I can check wha is going on
    I always need to check on Miss Shadoe and you of course.
    You know I have told you several times to arrange a playdat with Luna so that he
    can teach her how to drop those "magical poos" and Ronnie can have a blast
    at a pokethon this weekend. I'm sure those fingers of hers still twitch form time to time (lol, luv ya Ronnie)

Have a great Friday, progress is coming!!!!!

6. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Well, I always say, now that's a whole cat report! complete with pooh play by play and stinkies!!

Lots of luck tonight with the wonderful R, we'll be watching u :cool:

7. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Will be watching for something magical to happen tonight...Shadoe, don't disappoint!! cat_pet_icon

8. Kelly & Logan

Kelly & Logan Well-Known Member

Best of luck with the R tonight! I'll be following that closely as it's something that's been mentioned as a possiblity for Logan at some point. I've got a good feeling for you guys - between the R and the "magical poo". :lol:

9. Carolyn and Spot

Carolyn and Spot Well-Known Member

Morning Gayle :)

Time to increase your basal dose too, gotta get you out of these pinks, though it's a lovely color with Shadoe's eyes. You wanna do that c7, c8 or c9? I don't think you need to worry about intro-ing R and a dosecrease on the same cycle from the numbers you're in, especially if you stick to a measly .1u R. Have a wonderful day and I can't wait to see the R test results. I will be out tonight but I'll be checking when I get home. All kinds of excitement in this condo for the next few days huh!

PS: on sunday I will not be here because you will be fasting Shadoe and I don't want her to think I had anything to do with that. I try not to look bad in the kitteh's eyes. :D

PPS: yay for pewp!

10. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Hi Carolyn,
    I am going with the increase to 9u tonite at 6pm with half on either side of the scruff, then the measly 0.1u of R right in the center of the scruff.
    I am stopping at Walmart to buy 300 strips so I can test till her ears fall off with curves on the weekend haha_smiley

As for who is around on Sunday, I don't plan to be home while Shadoe is doing her fasting either! I have every intention to shoot at 6am, then scoot out to Timmies for coffee and donuts till noon, then I'll head home and pack her up for the vet.
    Depending on how it goes with the R over the weekend, I can ask what to do for shots on Sunday AM.

Kelly,
    I think Shadoe has flawed, faulty magical poops. All I got was the stink and no magic! haha_smiley so it's back to the drawing board for Shadoe in that dept!

11. Carolyn and Spot

Carolyn and Spot Well-Known Member

See what Jojo says, but I'd err on the side of caution if it were Leo, I know a trip to the vet can either drop or raise him. If it were Leo, I'd BCS the dose since no food on board and a stressful blood draw lined up. You can always get it back if you go that route. You're not destroying your regulation :)

12. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

0carb turkey & giblets? Homemade?

I had an older kitty that couldn't get away from the LB fast enough after she did her business. It was funny to hear her race out of the area, you always knew...

13. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Nina,
    I take the food list to the store whenever I load up with cat foods.
    I aim for some really low ones, some MC and a bit of HC for the eventuality that Shadoe actually gets two greens at the same time :lol:

Sophisticat has a turkey and giblet that showed as 0 so I got a few cans. They are definitely NOT her favorite but mix in some water, warm it a bit, and she will tolerate a bit.

The scooting from the LB is understandable; that stuff stinks badly :lol:

14. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 2/19 Shadoe pmps 317 cycle 1 9uL & 0.1uR

OK right off the bat, I have to say that the 0.1u dose makes me think of that Crocodile Dundee line, I think it was that movie, when he says "You call that a knife? THIS is a knife!" Anyways that is what I thought about that teensy dose. Come on! The plunger doesn't even move! ohmygod_smile

Anyways, I stopped at Walmart to get strips (I bought their last 2 100-boxes), and the Humulin R 5-cart pack. My goodness, anyone local want a cart? At this tiny dose, I don't think I will live long enough to use all 5 haha_smiley
    They did not have the syringes, so I'll go out tomorrow in search of another box. Using 4 a day, I will likely need to stock up. I opened that last 10 bag.
    I picked up a nifty magnifying glass on a goose neck that has a big clamp so I can move it around anyplace. I am glad I got it; there is NO WAY I could even guess at 0.1u without it.

I loaded the 2 syringes, then went searching for Shadoe. Man, she is getting lazy; I have to go and fetch her all the time. Like it's no big deal I am home with fresh snacks and foods, she expects me to find her and carry her out.

So, the R I shot first in the middle of the scruff, then split the Lantus on either side of the scruff. I gave her food, but she wanted her pure snacks treat like after all testing. I suppose she will be wanting a treat for every test tonite; I don't think so.

Since her shots, she ate a bit of ff liver&chicken soupy slop, then visited the LB, and
    she proceeded to lie on the floor and clean herself silly.

Recap so far:
    317 - pmps
    284 - +1

15. Ronnie & Luna

Let the games begin!
    :dizcat

lol, yea kitties get lazy don't they? Good luck tonight, we'll be watching.

16. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Oh my!!!! Watch the olympics or stay glued to Shadoe's condo tonight???

As much as I have loved watching the curling (no lie - for some reason I'm interested this year), I have a feeling Shadoe will be my medal contender tonight!

17. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

exciting things happening here! And not a bad PS number to start an R trial on. Goooo Shadoe!

I didn't know R came in cartridges, I wonder if that is a Canada thing?

18. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Amy,
    You can do both; watch curling and just check on the hour for her latest test result.
    Right now she is eating again.

She is certainly acting like uh yeah, ok, uh this is kind of weird, uh maybe I'll clean myself some more, uh is it time to test yet? No? Ok I'll just wait here then. She just scratched her ear with her back paw like it's itchy or something.
    She's very alert, looking around, here and there. Now, she is watching some Olympics.
    Just 30min to +2.

19. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I bet $2.00 she'll be 222 at +2.

20. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Sorry Dyana, you lose and you were not even close!

Shadoe's +2 is 283 haha_smiley

21. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

Hi Gayle,

Boo get's her IGF-1 and GH (growth hormone) tested every 3 months...we've never had to fast. It certainly won't "hurt" anything, but I don't think it's necessary. I'm just trying to help poor Shadoe out! :)

22. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

exciting times in this condo tonight! :D
    i'm curious about the R in cartridges, too. have never heard of it coming in carts before...

23. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I'm tuning in for the excitement here, too. This condo has it all over the ski jumping!

Attached Files:

24. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Thanks Heather,
    I'd like to not do the fasting part but what if Shadoe's one of the ones whose results are affected by eating?

Jojo suggested looking at some past bloodwork for Shadoe and look for mention of lipemic, and I did find it.

Jojo Andbunny
    you have any old copies of blood work around house? see if sample says lipemic, some cats are prone to it and do need to fast. (as far as hemolysis, that is up to the people that draw blood to get a nice hit, nothing to do w/ you guys).

and also:
    Jojo Andbunny
    yep, some cats (like meowzi) will give bad blood samples if not fasted before draws even for something like IAA. all cats should be fasted for CBC/chems if possible for 'cleaner' samples. lipemia is 'fat in blood' from recent eating that can throw off some tests or make them harder to run. we have waited too long for these tests for shadoe to chance not getting a good sample hence i vote for fast before the blood draws.

There are comments on Shadoe's last tests:
    Sample lipemic, CBC results may be compromised.

Based on the above, there is no way Shadoe is eating before the blood draw.
    I will take a little plastic container of some nice food to give her as soon as they take what they need. I'll feed her right at the vet's so she won't have to wait.

Getting my vets to actually arrange for the tests was like getting wisdom teeth pulled, so there is no way I want to do a single thing to compromise any results.

I'll let Shadoe know that you voted with Carolyn to give food haha_smiley
    jojo's words convinced me to err with safety.

25. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Jill,
    Yes, I asked at Shoppers what sizes they had, if vial and cartridges, and they said only the vial.
    When I went to pick up more strips at Walmart, as they are cheaper, I decided to ask the pharmacy there what they carried. Luck would have it, they had the cartridges!
    How lucky is that!
    Anyways, at such a small dose, I know there is no way I will be able to use all 5 before the expiry date, so if someone local wants one... I don't know who uses R local though. Maybe Ronnie will think of someone for me.

26. Ronnie & Luna

I was marveling at how prepared you are, very cool!

I cant think of anyone around our town who uses R, but who knows, within the expiry date, someone may show up.

27. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope the R gives Shadoe some wonderful numbahs :smile:

28. Bo & Jake

Bo & Jake Well-Known Member

Hi,Gayle!
    I'm using R,but I have vial. don't know how long they are good. I have to check,but think it's already 5 months old.
    I wonder how much are the strips at Wall mart/ What kind?
    I'm buying my at Costco ($ 70.0 for 100,Accu check Aviva)
    Will be here watching Shadoe show!

29. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

OK someone tell me how this R is supposed to work again?

Shadoe's +3 is depressing - it's 338!

Come on! That's higher than her pmps!

Could it be that 0.1u is a wee bit on the too small side??
    :YMSIGH: I guess I wait for the Lantus to do something now, maybe.

OK nothing to see here folks; move along now. cat(2)_steam

30. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

with some cats the 0.1 doesn't do anything, but like any other insulin, it's best to start low. The nice thing about R is that you don't have to go slow, there's no shed so you can increase on the next cycle if you want. However, I'm not advising you to increase because I don't have experience with R and don't know how to apply it to Shadoe, that's just what I've seen others do.

31. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Thanks Libby,
    I do know she noticed it because she always stretches and goes for a nap after her shots. This time she sat and looked around like "OK this is new!"
    She was fine shortly after, but while it did squat for her numbers, it did register with her.
    I'll see what jojo might have to suggest. Maybe we can go up to .25u in the morn and try again to dip down a few colors.

32. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Gayle
    I'm back to see all the excitement here.
    Maybe Max will be the one to share some of that R with you. lol!
    Paws crossed and hugs for you.
    Come on Miss Shadoem come one down, you are the new contestant....I always loved that show.

33. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

It was pretty anti-climatic, to be sure.
    You know how you test the temp of a fry pan, by dropping in a bit of water? That's what the R was like today. It did bring her down to yellow but it did not stick around long.

Time for +4

34. Sara & Magnolia

Sara & Magnolia Member

If it worked perfectly the first time, we wouldn't appreciate it! Maybe you just need to get the dose right. Patience is hard! While it didn't do as much as you hoped, at least it did something. That counts!

35. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Yup, it looks like just not enough R to meet up with the Lantus.
    Shadoe did come down by +1, but back up again.
    Now, her +4 is coming down again.

That's OK; for the am shot, we will go with .25uR and see what happens.

We'll do a couple more tests tonite to see where she is heading after the R fizzled, and hope for better results tomorrow!

36. Ronnie & Luna

kool, glad u got those tips from Jojo about these things.

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.