2/19 Tigger PMPS/446 +9/323 - DTR having baby - skipped!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tigger's Friend, Feb 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tigger's Friend

Tigger's Friend Well-Known Member

Good Early Morning, LL!

Quick post & Question! Our Dtr's in labor - hospital is 50 min. away 1 way & once we get there, I'd need to leave in 3 hrs to shoot Tigger's AMPS.

Is it better to skip his shot than shoot, turn around & leave again? or if I can get away, give a BCS dose?

I've been doing .10 increments since family's 'intervention' - essentially spend less time on Tigger & more time w/ family or find Tigger a new home.

He's been doing well, & yesterday went to 60 & back to 300's normally as usual bounces. Otherwise, he gets into the 100's. Sorry my SS is not up-to-date, I've been bad.

I'll check back from the Hospital - gotta go! Thanks for any advice!!!

2. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 2/19 Tigger PMPS/446 +9/323 - DTR having baby - skip?

If you have to go, you have to go. One skip won't hurt. It would be easier to tell if your ss was up to date, but it's not too far behind. If you decide to skip and then get home a little early, you could give the PM dose a little early if your shot schedule is flexible enough and you can shoot 12 hours after that tomorrow morning, etc.
    Best Wishes for your DTR and her baby.

3. Tigger's Friend

Re: 2/19 Tigger PMPS/446 +9/323 - DTR having baby - skip?

Thanks. dyana. I think we'll both be going home to feed, so I can do a bcs dose close or at shot time if that would be better than skipping . I 'Ve been giving 2.90mm & except for yestetday's 60 which i fed 5%, he's been. in the 100-300's. But - with a bcs dose, would I Need to worry about depot? I won't be there to feed or monitor , but I can give 2.00mm or ???? Thanks for advice. &sorry for the typos - 1st smartphone !

4. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

Re: 2/19 Tigger PMPS/446 +9/323 - DTR having baby - skip or

Good luck, and congratulations! :D

5. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Hi guys .. wow, how exciting! No dosing advice from me but congrats to all of you!

6. Tigger's Friend

Thanks , Angela
    We started to leave, & I was going to give a bcs shot. but we got. a call it was getting close to push time soooo I came back & am skipping . I'll probably get home late am or early afternoon . I guess. Ican't give a partial dose then, & then regular dose @ regular time?

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Congrats on the new grandbaby!! Just do the skip - Tigger will get back on track. Unless you want to shoot late and have that be your new PS time. Over Christmas time Ella had to do 2 shots 18 hours apart because of an event, so that's another way to get back on schedule. Two shots closer than 12 hours will mean 2 nadirs to worry about, so not a good option.

8. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

boy or girl? ;-)

congratulations grandma! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.