2/19 Tuscancy AMPS 172, PMPS~239, +5~222

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by joyce-tuscany(GA), Feb 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joyce-tuscany(GA)

joyce-tuscany(GA) Well-Known Member

yesterday - long vet info: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6749

WCR: what limited time we had together she seems stable. I picked her up and put in litter box (not cause she won't go herself - just trying to make it a little easier for her). Still wobbly - but didn't see any falling over. After shot treat she was sitting and actually reached out with that left front paw for it and didn't fall.

WBR: didn't sleep well at all. Got to get to work and not sure how I'll make vets to get the new meds (see yesterday's note about my screw up). Might have to send my mom - but hate to do that since she is 80, on oxygen and would probably get lost doing it. At least we had a good amps

2. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Re: 2/19 Tuscancy AMPS 172

I'm sure it was hard to leave her this morning. I hope the meds do the trick. It's surprising what an ear infection can do to a cat's balance.

3. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice AMPS for sure....Tuscany...we hope you feel better real soon...
    Sending lots of love and hugs to you both ((((((Joyce & Tuscany))))))

4. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Thinking of Tuscany and sending feel better soon vines

(((Joyce))) we're all pulling for ur baby! :YMHUG:

5. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

(((joyce)))
    hope the meds kick in and solve the problem she's having...

6. Jess & Earl

Jess & Earl Member

Hi Joyce

Is the enrofloxacin supposed to be for a middle ear infection? Also, can you get her to take it by pill or liquid? Transdermal enrofloxacin doesn't work according to the only study I know of it. Transdermal meds are perhaps appropriate for long term medication in which a single mishap-dose doesn't matter (like methimazole); for antibiotics they aren't ideal so I'd go the oral route if at all possible.

7. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

sending more vines to Tuscany. I hope the meds kick in soon and make her feel good as new.

8. joyce-tuscany(GA)

joyce-tuscany(GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 2/19 Tuscancy AMPS 172, PMPS 239

Came home to sleeping kittie. She was hungary. Still bobbing/weaving more so when transitioning her position or sitting. Once she starts walking she seems to be a bit better - but still weak looking in the front left leg - her backs as usual.

Thanks every one for the good vines. I did go get more meds to replace the ones that I potentially mixed up - the vet did replace them at no cost which was nice. I guess partially their fault for not labeling, too.

I wish I had seen Jess note before. We've used transdermal meds on Tuscany fairly often cause she hates being pilled and throws up meds frequently. Just thought it would be less traumatic but if she isn't getting it in her system.....
    Jess - Do you have any referance for the study you cited? I would mind looking it up and discussing with vet.

There has been discussion regarding oral pred - short term. Who are the pred kitties here besides latte? Not sure, if we have to go there, how dramatically it may effect the sugars.

9. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Joyce, maybe if you add something like "pred kitties?" to you first post someone might chime in. I can think of a couple but with the new board format it's harder to see unless the first post subject is changed.

10. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Bear is a pred kitty, too, I believe.

I hope the meds start doing their job and most of this clears up. ((Joyce)) ((Tuscany))

Attached Files:

11. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Just sending healing :YMHUG: to you and Tuscany!

12. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Re: 2/19 Tuscancy AMPS 172, PMPS~239

((((Joyce & Tuscany-))) Moonie & all of us are sending healing vines to you!! I feel so badly that Tuscany isnt well, it just hurts us too, you are our friends...Please get well soon Tuscany!! Snowflakes, and prayers for you! :smile:

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.