2/20 Backie

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Ele & Blackie (GA), Feb 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

We've been waiting for the Clavamox to kick in and I thought it did this morning. After giving 3.2 last night on a 360, he was at 184 this morning. I only gave 2.2 since that seemed to be the last pre-infection good dose. I don't know if it was enough, because the +6 was 291. But we'll keep checking.

We got snow last night, but not too much. It's dark & cloudy and wet, so I doubt if Blackie will be going out today.

I hope everyone is having a good Saturday.

2. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Wow, awesome PS!!!! Hope things continue to improve quickly.

More snow?!? You poor things!!! It's probably better for him inside anyhow, with UTIs I think you are supposed to avoid getting chilled at all. One vet told me they see the highest incidence of UTIs in their office over the winter (back East this was, where there actually is a real winter ;-) unlike glorious CA!).

3. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

That is a nice PS! Hope it sticks around! :)

That's interesting about the correlation between UTIs and cold weather, Joanna. I wonder if it has anything to do with animals not being let out/walked as much because it's cold (thus holding their urine longer and being more prone to UTIs) or the temps themselves.

It is sunny and 54 degrees here today!! I took Cassie for her walk and didn't need any jacket! It is awesome. :) I am sorry you have more snow, Ele. Hopefully you will see the sunshine soon.

4. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I don't know about droolers, I figured it was the same principle as with people - getting chilled makes your immune system more vulnerable.

Sounds like you are warmer there than it is here Sarah!!!! I'm jealous! ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.