2.20 Magnolia AMPS 195, +5 118, CRE elevated

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sara & Magnolia, Feb 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara & Magnolia

Sara & Magnolia Member

WCR: We are both a bit slow after last nights excitement, but otherwise good. 4 P's are good. No poo again this morning. Maybe her schedule got thrown off.

Dosecrease today to 4.75. I expected her AMPS to be much higher than this. RBC, and...She ate at +10, DH forgot to pick up her food and she was hungry. She's been getting food no later than +9.

Yesterday's Condo

Yesterday's Recap:
    AMPS 319
    +2 223
    +8 70
    +11 73
    PMPS 53
    +1 61
    +2 38
    +2 20min 61
    +3.5 83
    +4.5 106

2. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Re: 2.20 Magnolia AMPS 195

Magnolia - what a night! Congrats on the decrease and not a bad bounce this morning.

Sara...is Magnolia your co-pilot when playing mario cart?

3. Sara & Magnolia

Sara & Magnolia Member

LOL Amy! Magnolia is usually nearby, looking around for all the weird noises, wondering what the heck I am doing.

4. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

Congrats on the dosecrease!

Sometimes the pancreas and the liver learn something at training! :D

5. Sara & Magnolia

Sara & Magnolia Member

The vet called a bit ago with the results of her pre-dental blood panel. She said we will have to wait on the dental to figure out why her Creatinine value is increased. It was 1.4 in October and now it is 2.4. She said it's still close to the acceptable value, but since she has the test from October, she thinks it is a big increase for a short time and she is concerned about her kidneys. She wants to do a urine test to see if she has a UTI and go from there. In October, when it was 1.4, she had a UTI at the time...

Kind of a bummer. I guess it's a wait and see thing.

6. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Sorry to hear that Sara. It sounds like your vet is on top of things, though.

7. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

It's a good thing you were able to catch this and investigate the increased CRE level.

8. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

sorry about the kidney values, I'm sure others will have good feedback for you.

Good luck with the dosecrease, this doesn't look bad for a rebound day!

9. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

glad the cre level was caught.
    not a bad bounce so far...

10. Sara & Magnolia

Sara & Magnolia Member

Yes I'm grateful it was found now. DV (dear vet, that works, right?) said it was a good thing she had the results from October, otherwise she may not have taken it as seriously, since the 2.4 level is right on the edge of the normal value. Better to find out now than during surgery, right?

I really hope it's a UTI and not a kidney disease. Poor kitty.

Her numbers aren't too bad for a rebound day. The protocol says that if she doesn't maintain normal levels I should immediately go back to the last good dose...but it doesn't say anything about the magical mystical bouncing kitties...any idea of how long I should wait before increasing again?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.