2/20 Meowzi AMPS 315, PMPS 203

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by WCF and Meowzi, Feb 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WCF and Meowzi

WCF and Meowzi Well-Known Member

Previous condo

Hmm. Not a bad PMPS at all. And she had acupuncture today. Dr F-B did a couple of new pain points around the hind ankles (brave lady!) after reviewing her rads. Today's treatment was interesting; after ten minutes into it, she seemed to stretch her the lower portion of her spine, and then her skin started rippling/rolling, like in hyperesthesia. She was very calm through it all. Dr F-B is hopeful that whatever was stagnating there was being cleared out.

DH thought she walked better when she got home from acu. today. :thumbup

Appy is pretty good today. It was MIA yesterday. We've been trying to stretch out her mirtz doses - we're trying every 4-5 days now, sometimes even longer. I just called the hospital yesterday to ask for a script for new mirtz - we finished the ones that were a gift from Maddie a few months back, and we're down to our last two from the oncologist. The lady at the front desk called me back and said Dr S wanted to know how many I wanted on the script, and how many refills, which made me laugh. I said I thought he'd decide, and she said said no, he said to ask you how many you'd like :lol: So we're getting 20, which should hopefully last us a year or close to, and one refill, which I'll have to remember to pick up before the rx expires.

Oh, not sure if I posted this before - when she went in for her rads, they took her weight and she's gained 0.5 lbs :)

Dr S still hasn't called me back about gabapentin. But he can't avoid me forever - we have b/w coming due and he'll have to talk to me when the results come back :razz: Well be doing the Superchem and CBC and the MSU PTH assay. Jojo, I'm also thinking of adding a thyroid panel - T4 and FT4. But not sure if I should - her HCT had been creeping down the last time. What do you think - should we draw all that extra blood? The FT4 takes quite a bit, doesn't it? Assuming everything's stable (I'm watching K to see if it went too high), next round of b/w (and hopefully next vet visit) won't be for another three months. She is due to go in to Dr G's for a BP check when the weather gets more predictable - is 40 min drive - but we don't do b/w there.

BRB with responses to last week's thread.

2. WCF and Meowzi

Nope, couldn't post on fb b/c pewter was down.

Do you mean like physical movement, or GI motility? Haven't really noticed an increase in physical movement on bupe. She is indeed like Settles during CP flare - she hid under the desk and wouldn't come out. That last round of bupe, we were concerned about GI motility - that it could be causing constipation.

Does today's acu tx with pain points count as a pain med trial? :smile:

Yeah, I think about it sometimes, but we're not going to worry about it until we get to that stage :sad: Dr Julie had said if she was a dog, she'd have to be put down, but b/c she's a 12-lb cat, not a 100-lb dog, we may be able to deal with it. She's slowing down a lot, so we're watching her weight very carefully.

PT like canine rehab? I've seen videos of the underwater treadmill, pretty cool. But I don't think she'll go for it :D How's your PT going?

Fattened the dose after reading your comment. But doesn't seem to be doing enough, if anything at all. I think she's bouncing big time. Anything more than a 15% per hr drop seems to just set her off. There may also be some glucose toxicity in play. Should we just plug ahead with increases and let her liver just scare itself silly until it realizes there's nothing to be afraid of? I wasn't keen to do it before b/c we were giving her liver a lot of work with mirtz, but since we're scaling back mirtz (or trying to) ...

3. WCF and Meowzi

OT - pewter/virus

We *think* it came from FB, but we cannot pinpoint where in FB. I'm pretty careful where I go on FB; we don't think it was a site in particular - FB is just a nice conduit for bad guys that try to take advantage of social networking - we're just sitting ducks. There have been warnings in the news: here's one http://www.thecitywire.com/index.php?q=node/8285 - this one says FB is particularly troublesome. (But DON'T follow their suggestion to close by clicking the top-right X - DH says always use Alt-F4)

Whatever I picked up was a nasty, nasty program - DH had to yank the plug out b/c it just wouldn't stop. Then when he rebooted, it locked up my pewter and wouldn't even let virus scan run. This is similar to what we think hit me: FBI press release I'm pretty sure I didn't click on any x or close in the window - I know better than that - I usually do alt-F4, and it got me anyway. DH had to take out my HDD and stick it in his pewter as slave drive, and when he finally got in, he had to delete a bunch of stuff in temp files and cache, and then he had to manually clear it out of the registry.

4. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Glad to hear she's still doing well with the acupuncture and had an appetite today. Spring must be right around the corner.

5. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Hi Meowzi!!!

Lucy says thank you for the prezzies, and Sammy wants Meowzi to be his valentine. He has a thing for blue eyed girls, especially those who send treats.

I like the blue on her SS, but not the pink.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.