2/20: Pablo's AMPS 140, PMPS 117!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Holly and Pablo, Feb 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holly and Pablo

Holly and Pablo Member

(No condo for many, many moons.)

Holy cow. Those of you who have followed my infrequent threads know that I've had issues with regulating Pablo. I've been increasing dose by 0.25u every three days for a while now, and we're at 5.5u BID. I drew blood last week for IGF-1 and IAA after the acro board members suggested it was an easy way to rule out acro vs. just a high-dose cat. I won't know the result until next Friday, but now I'm a bit more hopeful...

BLUES! BLLLLLUUUUUUEEEEES after more than three weeks! flip_cat

Dear Lord, please let this be a sign of good things to come! A negative IGF-1 test, more blues, and maybe no more increases? At least not as rapidly as I've been doing? Pwetty, pwetty pwease?

WCR: Adorable. :) And I figured out that the puking issues that I'd attributed to my sister stressing him out while testing are actually a result of the freeze-dried liver treats I have. They don't sit well with him at all! Other than that, he's fine as usual.

2. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Re: 2/20: Pablo's AMPS 140!, +4.75 186

Yay for Pablo! May there be much more BLUE for you today.

One of my dogs was unable to deal with those freeze-dried liver treats. It was snarf-n-puke every time until I figured it out.

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

A few people have mentioned that the liver treats are a problem -- vomiting, foaming, etc. I'm glad you figured it out.

Very nice blue surf going on!! I'm not sure you need to test both ears just to be sure the number is right, though!! I think Pablo heard you!

4. Holly and Pablo

Holly and Pablo Member

+6 = 117

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

5. Holly and Pablo

Holly and Pablo Member

Haha. I was in disbelief! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't being deceived!

6. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Niiiiiiice. Very nice.

7. Holly and Pablo

Holly and Pablo Member

Re: 2/20: Pablo's AMPS +8.75 130

+8.75 is 130! I'm almost ecstatic. I don't want to get too excited because it might not not stick...more likely than not, he'll rebound like crazy tonight and tomorrow!

This is the seventh cycle on 5.5 units. I had planned to increase this morning until I got the AMPS of 140. In light of today's numbers, I guess that means I should stick with this dose for ten cycles, and then increase by 0.25 if indicated?

8. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

What a break for you and Pablo today! Even if he bounces just remember where he was that made him bounce!

9. Holly and Pablo

Holly and Pablo Member

Re: 2/20: Pablo's AMPS 140, PMPS 117

PMPS 117, +1.25 170!

I shot the full 5.5u, so here's hoping I get a dosecrease! I'll be checking hourly since this is such a low PS for us!

It's interesting that this happens immediately AFTER I work myself into a tizzy about insulin resistance and acromegaly. Not saying he doesn't have them, but he would suddenly start with the good numbers again before I can even get the results back. :roll:

10. Holly and Pablo

Holly and Pablo Member

11. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Pablo is still looking good. Keeping you on your toes--which is his job.

12. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Here's hoping you have found his new dose... drinking24

13. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

wow, really good day for Pablo!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.