2/20 Shadoe pmps 391 +3 265 cycle3 9uL/0.25R

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Blue, Feb 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Yesterday’s Condo

Yesterday's recap:
    331 - amps
    317 - pmps (9uL & 0.1uR)
    284 - +1
    283 - +2
    338 - +3
    301 - +4
    311 - +5
    311 - +6 (yes, zero movement)
    308 - +7
    337 - today's amps

Alrighty, first I must give high respects to all those beans who successfully get up and measure those insane shot sizes like 0.1u :thumbup and before :coffee: !

As is obvious, that 0.1u of R was just a flash in the pan - now you see it, now you don't - and did not even carry far enough to last till the Lantus kicked in.
    Thus, the decision to go up a teensy bit to try 0.25u R with her 9u of Lantus. Again, hourly tests till the R fizzles.

OK down to reporting now.

Shadoe must have been feeling better than she has in a long time because she came to bed with me last nite and stayed for awhile, plus woke me this morn by plopping down on my hip, so that made for a happy waking to me. It is so thrilling when you see small glimpses of your kitty returning to the good old days habits.

I am glad I got up at 545am to be all ready, both shots measured and breakfast prepared; I did not get the memo on how hard it is to measure these microscopic amounts at early morn hours ohmygod_smile I took Shadoe's amps, then prepared her shots.

Shadoe is completely used to our routine, but yesterday, it seems that the hourly tests, followed by pure snacks each time, has become a permanent step in our routine - according to Shadoe.

After today's amps test, she wanted a snack. Then after her shots, she wanted another snack, cuz it was more pokes, right! Normally test and shot are at the same time, so one snack for 2 pokes. She has decided that since I broke them up, plus added a 2nd shot and split the big shot, she deserved a 2nd snack before breakfast. ohmygod_smile
    She is a sly one to be sure!

The LB action was good; more pee than usual. We got bookend LB visits today - before and after shots! The poo is healthier looking today; yesterday was a bit looser than her normal, so I was relieved this morn. Also, less stink today! Thanks Shadoe! haha_smiley

She is currently eating again and it is 5min away from +1.
    I'll edit the subj with her numbers shortly.

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: 2/20 Shadoe amps 337 +1 326 cycle 2 9uL & 0.25uR

Shadoe knows whats up, she's not letting u off the hook that easy, more treats please :lol: cat(2)_steam
    Nice WCR!

Sending u lots of good luck wishes for a successful First full day of R!

3. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Alright Shadoe...let's see some of your Olympic spirit today and show us what some R can do for you!

4. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Fingers and paws crossed that the R does the trick!! dancing_cat Keep those snacks coming...Shadoe needs her snackies!

5. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 2/20 Shadoe amps 337 +1 326 +2 308 cycle2 9uL/0.25uR

Thx Brenda, but one look at Shadoe's belly would tell you she does NOT need snackies haha_smiley

Right now, I am thinking more R is needed cuz a drop of 29 in 2 hours is not my idea of a helper!

Ah well, it's best to start low and go slow, so that's what we will do.

6. Ronnie & Luna

whats that saying? dont count your chickens till they hatch? or is it the eggs? :roll: lol

Looking forward to the +3 :D

7. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Good Morning Gayle
    Yes our kitties have us well trained. I don't know why we ever thought it was the
    other way around. Max came running for his test today and last night when Dh was warming
    leftovers in the microwave I brought home Max thought it was his sock and went running to
    his chair to be tested. We had to convince him it wasn't time.
    Shado is no fool and will milk you for every treat you have. :D

Paws crossed you see some action with this R, and tomorrow start the blood process.
    Slow and steady wins the race!!!!!
    We are all behind you Gayle.

8. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Great report as usual Gayle...glad Shadoe is doing so well with getting more and more snacks out of you. :lol:
    Hope you both have a great day today...you are doing an amazing job...hats off to YOU!! :thumbup

9. Carolyn and Spot

Carolyn and Spot Well-Known Member

To people who are watching this condo: .25u would have a serious effect on a "regular" diabetic cat. Shadoe is insulin resistant and therefore it is safe for Gayle to bump from .1u to .25u because only an insulin resistant cat would not budge on .1u of R. Do not try this without having an insulin resistant cat.

Ok disclaimer out of the way, Gayle you're gonna need to put something in your sig about using R on your insulin resistant cat until such time as your tests come back and you can put a name next to why you're using R.

I love how you've jumped right in there, done this, and gotten lots of data! WCR is absolutely fabulous, give Shadoe a hug and scritch from me!
    ..C
    PS: yes those tiny increments are very hard to measure :lol:

10. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Thanks Carolyn,
    If someone can tell me what needs to be put into the signature, to advise and warn others (do not try this at home, folks!) I'd much appreciate it.

11. Carolyn and Spot

How bout:

Shadoe is an insulin-resistant kitty, which requires high doses of insulin as well as booster shots of a fast acting insulin. Please do not attempt these dosing procedures as they could seriously injure your cat.

12. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

OK done.
    Profile and signature revised - if more needed, let me know.

Time for +3 in 5min.

13. Carolyn and Spot

I like it! Looking forward to +3..

14. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 2/20 Shadoe amps 337 +1 326 +2 308 +3 295 cycle2 9uL/0.25uR

Honestly, it's nice to see that someone is looking forward to the next number, but you get to know your cat and Shadoe is stubborn.

I am wondering if that R is even doing anything because she is going down so slow that the numbers don't look any different from before R.

At least today, she has kept dropping, unlike last nite, so maybe the .25u is getting close to what she needs.

Time will tell. We have tonite's pm and tomorrow's 2 shots to find out.
    I will need to know what to do about the R for week days when I am out the door shortly after the am shot, but that's something for tomorrow's condo.

Tonite is fasting nite. Oh joy! I can hardly wait for THAT fun event. I am gonna fill her up with a whole can of ff at like 1155pm and hope it lasts to cushion the morning meows haha_smiley

15. Monique & Spooky

Monique & Spooky Well-Known Member

Sounds good. When do you get your test results? (IAA and Acro)

16. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Gayle:

Can you fit the entire disclaimer into your sig line vs. putting in the profile? I think it needs to be obvious -- most people don't open profiles (or SS, for that matter). If what Carolyn suggesting is too long, try something like, "We use a customized dosing plan. Do not duplicate."

17. Carolyn and Spot

It's all very important data collection, even if you have nothing of interest to record. :smile: When I first started using R, I was using it QID. Sucked. Especially when it did nothing with the numbers. But HE was different. Happier. Here're my crazy times on R. Please note Leo was a very sick kitty, ear infections, dental problems, upper respiratory infections and later we discovered that at some point in time the R went bad. http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pkwEJXZdhGd9dugnx-MrJPw&output=html

And I did not shoot R if I was leaving the house, so we'll have to see what Jojo recommends as far as work day shooting. The nice thing about R is that you can shoot it mid cycle if she processes it rapidly enough, so depending on your schedule you might be able to get very creative with dosing it.

18. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Hi Monique,
    Here's the plan with regard to the tests.
    We fast Shadoe from midnite tonite till blood draw tomorrow around noon. Because there has been mention of lipemia on every one of her test results in the past, and there is a caution on the IAA test, better safe than sorry.
    Our appt is for noon Sunday, but it's just a formality, so I may pack Shadoe up sooner and take her in for the techn to draw blood early. I will take a small container of some food for her to eat at the vets after they draw their samples.

Arrangements are already in place to draw tomorrow, freeze, and ship to MSU lab. The vet spoke to the lab, so it's all a go. I did tell the vet to be sure they tell Fedex to deliver to the lab, not the mail room!!
    Assays are set-up on Wednesdays, with results available on Fridays. Turnaround time is dependent on the date when the sample is received.
    Turnaround times are listed as 4-9 and 2-9 days, making results received hopefully by the end of Feb.

Carolyn,
    I am fine with leaving the R off during the week in the am's. I am frequently away for all hours between amps and pmps. Once I am home in the eves, we could do the R with the Lantus. Weekends as well, I am home most of the time. Going with R at 6am on the weekend gives plenty of time for it to be over in time to still go out and run errands.

Today, I really do have to go out and find more syringes; using 4 a day will leave me with none by Monday morn, as I am on my last 10pack.

I really do see Shadoe is fine, even though the numbers don't reflect her improved appearance.

Maybe tomorrow we could try R at +6 if still no action after tomorrow's amps, but she will have been at the vets, so that will throw off her numbers I bet.

Anyways, I need to head out for supplies and also more cat food, so R today at +6 may not happen unless I can get home by then. I doubt I can get out and do stuff in 2 hours. What about R at maybe + 7 or 8? No good??

Her +4 is in about 10min and I'll adjust my sig to put the disclaimer if it will fit :roll:

19. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

We are still crawling down the BG ladder with a +4 of 270.
    I am not sure if it was wrong or not, but Shadoe's been licking her lips a fair amount so I just gave her 1/4 pepcid. She is eating and moving around ok and all, but that lip licking really bothers me.

Sorry, Sienne, I forgot to mention I made the change you suggested in the sig; hopefully it will be sufficient.

I would like to get going right after +5, so any R usage today will have to be done later.

Sunshine yellow is nice; I'll take it. :D

20. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Nice, gentle drop.

21. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 2/20 Shadoe amps 337 +5 266 cycle2 9uL/0.25uR

It's like pulling wisdom teeth with Shadoe. Man, she's one tough nut to drag down to some decent numbers.

It may be slow, but I hope it will one day stay down.

22. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Good luck, Gayle. I will say, Shadoe's condo is always interesting, although I am sure you would like it to be less so. :mrgreen:

23. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Got home from errands and found nothing surprising.
    It seems that today is a yellow day and that is just fine by me.
    After weeks of pinks, every single yellow is a breath of fresh air.

Her +8 was 299 and she seems just fine.

24. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 2/20 Shadoe amps 337 +8 299 cycle2 9uL/0.25uR

A yellow day is a nice day and progress over a pink day.
    Glad you got out for a breather. You will make yourself crazy otherwise.

25. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 2/20 Shadoe amps 337 cycle 3 - R question for pm shot

Do I stick with 0.25u R for tonite's shot?

Shot is in 15min, if no reply, I'll go with the same amount of R.

26. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 2/20 Shadoe pmps 391 cycle3 9uL/0.25R

We went with the same amount of R since I am not familiar with the adjustments allowed for R.

That's OK, Shadoe's fine even though she slipped back into pink, and at least she had a nice yellow day. Tonite we will pick up all foods at midnite for Shadoe's fast. Should be fun :shock:

For her am shot, I'll give her 4.5u Lantus and no R. For her pm shot, I'll go back to the 9u and also give R, will just need to know how much of it. :shock:

I will also ask the vet to draw blood for regular checks because I want to be sure that her numbers have returned to decent since the last ones done when Shadoe had the p-itis. The way I figure, we may as well have the whole picture at the time the blood is drawn for the other tests.
    Any thoughts on the line of thinking?

I'll test hourly to see how this bit of R works. Any comments from any R experts are most welcome. :D

27. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Good luck with convincing Shadoe that she needs to fast. :lol:

I agree with the blood work. If she's at the vet, they're drawing and you're willing to pay it sounds like the perfect reason to do some follow-up blood work from her p-titis episode.

28. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Not much can be said about Shadoe's +1.
    How she can keep going up with R is beyond me; maybe someone else knows.
    I am really getting tired of this lack of progress.

29. Ronnie & Luna

what is the +1? dont see it on ss
    hang in there Gayle, Shadoe will figure it out :YMHUG:

30. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 2/20 Shadoe pmps 391 +1 418 cycle3 9uL/0.25R

it's there now; what a waste of time.

31. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

hang in there Gayle, everything takes time (I hate that!) but you'll get there.

Good luck with the fast. I hope Shadoe falls asleep and forgets that she's hungry. Yeah right.

32. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Not a bad cycle. With a dosecrease on the same day, you might have a little NDW to consider. And .1, .25 may not be enough for Shadoe, but you have to start low. If the fast weren't in the picture tonight you'd get a better picture, but I'm glad she had more yellow today.

As I recall, Boo didn't get much action from .1 or .25, but KB does. Doesn't seem to take much for KB to rebound so I aim for blues. He rebounds from greens, sometimes blues, big drops, sudden drops, etc. ECID, Shadoe will have her own formula, and it will likely change.

Borrowed this from advice passed along to Jan from Jojo:
    Try not to be discouraged. This is not easy stuff to do.

33. jojo and bunny

jojo and bunny Member

hey there, long time no see, lol. okay LL should know, i've been coaching gayle on FB through these R shots. i know my bad but when i'm sick it is just easier. (it is on peer reviewed threads though for those gasping about off board dosing advice though, so there). however gayle if you have that long post i did to you on your wall ya should copy/paste it here for the other R users too. maybe something in there they can use? i dunno, can't remember what i wrote, just that it was long.

okay do you see by tonight's +1 why you couldn't give more than 0.25 R tonight? answer: cause you have a bad enough bounce off of getting yellow today. we don't need to push harder than that right now. let get shadoe used to yellow first. blue is right after that, it will happen! just have to do this step by step to do it right. i would continue with 0.25 R for a bit longer, show shadoe's body that yellow more and let it realize it does not need to freak about over yellow and then we can go to the 0.5 units R and try for blue. but it is not just about what numbers we want, it is about what numbers we don't want. like no point in going for blue tomorrow morning if gonna end up black that night. (nobody wants to be black and blue! lol)

tomorrow though if the +6 is higher than +5 let's try doing a second shot of 0.25 units R at that +6, k? get more yellow hours, that is your goal right now. in fact when you are drawing up your shots that is what i want you to say out loud~ going for as many yellows hours as we can shadoe! :D

yes your plan for the blood draw sounds fine. only thing i would add is that if you are home by +6, +7 or so you can give 0.25 units R then to help hold over to PMPS.

34. Sara & Magnolia

Sara & Magnolia Member

Good luck tomorrow Gayle! Come on Shadoe, you can do it!

35. Me and Bayley

Me and Bayley Member

Would love to see Jojos post as I am just new to the R stuff too - we recently went through similar process - getting acro dx. It certainly adds some new angles to this process. Hope all goes well tomorrow. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.