2/21 Angel's pmps~369, Advice pls.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lynn and Angel, Feb 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lynn and Angel

Lynn and Angel Member

Angels still hanging out in pink and yellow. I just don't know what's going on. Could a knowledgeable member please look at our ss. I've increased from 1.5F on Jan 26 to a solid 2.0 as of 3 days ago. I caught him with a green 84 Fri. afternoon but it seems like a fluke and I wish I'd retested to make sure of the accuracy. Any chance I'm giving him too much - to keep him so high and flat? He had a 41 way back on Jan 31 which I did not give a reduction for - maybe I should have? Am I only making things worse by increasing his dose? Or should I continue to increase about every 8 cycles? I am just perplexed over the change in his overall response to his insulin. I would love to get back to at least seeing blue. Thoughts are appriciated; thanks!

2. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

no advice here ... just wanted to say I hope angel starts to show some improvement for you before to long ... pinks and yellows are no fun.

3. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

could be bouncing from the green 2 days ago, too. If he doesn't clear it tonight, I would be tempted to fatten up again tomorrow. The way you have worked up slowly to your dose, the classic high/flat chronic rebound is pretty unlikely.

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Since it doesn't look like the green was a fluke, you could hold the dose a little longer. Otherwise, it does look like there's room for you to go up on Angel's dose.

Just a thought... The next time you need to increase, why not go up the full 0.25u if you can be around to monitor, like on a weekend? From Angel's SS, there was much more action when the dose was around 2.75u. I'm thinking this is a situation where you need to go up in order to get Angel to come back down and I don't know if fattening is helping all that much to really break through. See what some of the others think!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.