2/21 Bear Man pmps 193 Dose increase

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Linda and Bear Man, Feb 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6899

amps 229 F.5U
    +4 236
    pmps 193 .75U

He vomited this morning, but this afternoon seems comfortable and is eating well. I increased his dose at pmps from fat .5U to .75U. Hoping for better numbers, but not too low, as he isn't allowed HC food any more (due to phosphorus content).

Edited to add: It just occurred to me that I can use canned k/d for HC food - it's pretty high carb.

2. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Good luck with the dosecrease. I hope it puts him exactly where you want him, but not too low.
    Comfortable and eating well, is good.
    I hope you are feeling better too, Linda.

3. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

I sure hope you get some better numbers with the wee increase.
    Also hope Bear man is over the upset stomach issue.

Scratches for the big guy.

4. JaniceandSpike

JaniceandSpike Well-Known Member

Glad to hear Bear Man is eating better and good luck on the dosecrease.

5. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Good luck with the dosecrease. Glad he is still blue, but I know this is high for him.

6. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Yuppers, the k/d would be high carb! LOL not that we are giving bearman permission to need it! Does he like it? Do you have the one with chicken bits in it, or the dense one?

I am sorry I have not checked into sending stuff out to you. Its been a rough/long week or so at work. I have not been motivated to do much more than hide under the covers lately when I am not working. I should be able to call the post office from under the covers at least, right? ;)

So who are Bear Man and Teddy rootin' for tonight in the hockey game?! I can just see them sitting back in all their olympic garb, waivin. the canadian flag in one hand....niptini in the other!
    I hope you and all you fur friends can curl up and enjoy the evening.

7. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

amps 229 F.5U
    +4 236
    pmps 193 .75U
    +1 194 Pred given
    +3 176

No need to dip into the 30% carb k/d tonight! We have the only kind available here, which is the chunky version. I can't believe there is a cat food with glucose as one of the main ingredients (along with corn starch, pork liver, chicken fat ....). This is what my vet wants me to feed my boy to keep him healthy.

Teddy and Bear aren't sports fans, but I told them they had to do the patriotic thing and get their little maple leaf mittens on and cheer for the home team.

Carolyn - take your time, no hurry at all.

8. WCF and Meowzi

WCF and Meowzi Well-Known Member

If he'll eat k/d (29% cal from carbs?? holy kittens!) ....

If he doesn't/won't eat that, we use FF Grilled Chicken Feast - phos content 205 mg/100 calories. We also have in our hypo box, FF Grilled Turkey Feast - phos 236 mg/100 cal. We don't feed beef, but if you do, there's a FF Minced Beef Feast - phos 188 mg/100 cal. All three are 18% calories from carb.

Other foods in our hypo box are Hills SD Liver and Chicken Entree - phos 165 mg/100 cal, 22% calories from carb, and Merrick California Roll - 206 mg/100 cal, 16% calories from carb.

Note: the FF and Hills' values are from Janet & Binky's old chart, so I don't know how correct the values are anymore. I also understand they've recently reformulated the K/D, so not sure about those values too. But we don't feed any of these often enough for me to be concerned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.