2/21 Latte AMPS-111, PMPS~302

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by carolynandlatte, Feb 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

I suspected this was too much insulin, which I asked about in my last condo.
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6660
    Guess she answered the question for me. 57 is not safe for her.
    Either that or she wanted me to get my head out from under the covers, where its been the last few days

Ate 3/4 of 3oz can wellness turkey. After +1, added 1 drop karo to remaining 1/4 can. She is slowing down and not eating that as fast. About to take water away, again.

+1.25-58

3 day bounce expected to begin at any moment.

2. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Re: 2/21 Latte AMPS-111,+1-57

First rule of thumb--Know Thy Cat! and you do...I cant give dosing advice with Latte's other issues, but Latte has been doing better, and has a very colorful SS--
    If she is 57 at +1, you know what to do, so keep the karo or hc handy... moonie responds to MC so I use that..
    Let's hope she gives you a nice surf today--I understand that you like the safe numbers..I do too..Advice is given here with the best of intentions! It is always the bean's choice.
    Hope you have a good Sunday!

3. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning Carolyn...how are you doing today? I agree with everything that Roni said....
    hope Latte brings herself into nicer numbers for you....you are doing such a great job!
    Hope you have a happy day.... :YMHUG:

Attached Files:

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Looking at Latte's SS, I don't know that I would have said that this dose was too much juice. She's had only glimpses of green. I do think that looking at yesterday, this cycle with lower numbers looked like it was coming -- flat yellow all yesterday AM into the PM with later blue and a lower blue at AMPS today. Keep in mind that a few days ago, you were considering the use of R to bring Latte's numbers down. If Carolyn is around, you might want to discuss the issue with her given the goal was to raise Latte's basal dose of Lantus.

5. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Re: 2/21 Latte AMPS-111,+1-57, +2-61

Sending bouncette vines your way. If bounce she must, I hope it's small and short.

6. carolynandlatte

Re: 2/21 Latte AMPS-111,+1-57, +2-61, +3-52 Won't eat

She has eaten her normal size bfast (approx 3/4+ of 3oz can wellness). She did not eat much with the karo in it. She wont eat anymore.
    Now Im getting nervous.

7. Nancy & Bee

Nancy & Bee Member

(((Carolyn)))

Just wanted you to know we're thinking about you.
    Come on & eat, Latte...Mommabean wants those numbers up!
    Sending vines for a calmer day. :YMHUG:

8. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

any updates? did you retest the last BG? hopefully soon ok?

9. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

You can rub the Karo on her gums.

10. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

try not to be nervous, just be "in charge." It should be about time for another test, right? As Linda said, you can put Karo on her gums if you have to.

11. carolynandlatte

Sorry- was getting some phone support from my local hero.
    It's funny how you forget the things you could/should do when in the midst of it all.
    Thanks amy!

No more food between +3 and +4. Would not eat between +3 and +3.5
    +3.5-71
    +4-84

Since she is on her way up AND has had her normal bfast amount, Im not going to push the food. Around +2 she had some sort of belly ache after pooping and howled in a bit of distress for a few minutes. Until I see her tummy is in a more solid state (all meds have now been given, except fluids), I will just hope we can hold off on food.

Im thinking shoot the 2units through tonight, and then reduce to the 1.75+ (2 drops less than 2 units). Any thoughts?

12. Carolyn and Spot

Carolyn and Spot Well-Known Member

Re: 2/21 Latte AMPS-111,+1-57, +2-61, +3-52, +4-84

Hi Carolyn,
    A pleasure to see you and Latte this morning :)
    I'd personally cut to 1.75 for the duration, I wonder what is happening, can't see anything on your SS that tips me off. Have you recently cut the pred or something? The reason I'd cut the insulin dose is because you need to be able to give fluids, that is far more important than how well regulated she is at this point. I can see that you know what fluids are going to do to her bg's so you need to balance the insulin so that you don't have to skip fluids. She needs them so much more that you can't chance not being able to give them.

I hope you and Latte have a delightful, uneventful day. :smile:
    ..C

PS: and an LOL at Nina, "bouncette" LOVE IT :mrgreen:

13. carolynandlatte

Re: 2/21 Latte AMPS-111,+1-57, +2-61, +3-52, +4-84

Thanks Carolyn
    Are you thinking cut it tonight or in the morning?

Yes, we have had to skip fluids twice this week because of low a.m. numbers, and delayed once. She does not get a lot, but does need the consistency, especially since other meds go through the port. If I delay or skip she ends up with a couple extra injections to get her meds in. We dont like that.

I was guessing that she was going too low on this dose when I was not looking and bouncing long/harder than usual. The swings have been awful. Too high and she is at risk of infection. Too low and problems can occur if she does not eat or vomits. She needs her middle ground back so badly.

And no...no changes in anything other than appetite. She thinks she needs to go on a diet for the summer I guess. She is not eating much kibble either.

well, while Latte is deciding on what dress to wear tonight (red or pink), I think I will take a nap.

Thanks again!

14. Carolyn and Spot

Carolyn and Spot Well-Known Member

Re: 2/21 Latte AMPS-111,+1-57, +2-61, +3-52, +4-84,+5-130

I vote RED

And next dose, cut it, a dehydrated cat is a cat with a reduced appetite so you might find her back on schedule when her fluids are back. :)

15. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Re: 2/21 Latte AMPS-111,+1-57, +2-61, +3-52, +4-84,+5-130

(((Carolyn & Latte)))
    Droppin thru to say I am thinking of you two & hope Latte's #s get to where you want them very soon... :YMHUG:

Happy Sunday & have a fabulous day!!

16. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Re: 2/21 Latte AMPS-111, +8-288

KB is lending some of his eating vines to Latte, he should be able to spare a few.

P.S. Yes, those are initials, but he was trying to retain a certain amount of anonymousness. Sometimes it's Kitty Boy or Kitty Bear, but those are just nicknames for his real name, which hasn't been publicly unveiled... yet. :)

17. carolynandlatte

recap:
    amps~111
    +1~57
    +1.25~58
    +2~61
    +3~52
    +3.5~71
    +4~84
    +5~130
    +6~188
    +8~284
    +10.5~293
    pmps~302 (pred cycle, stalling pred 1hr, decreased to 1.75)

She is doing fine. Earlier this week I put Latte on my computer chair. She does not like to be 'put' anywhere, but she was eyeing it. It used to be one of her favorite spots, even when I was sitting in it she would find a way to make room for heself. She cant jump onto it anymore. So, the other night she spent many minutes sniffing it after I put her on it. She then settled in and puffed herself up like she was so proud of getting up there! For the last 3-4 nights she has granted me permission to 'put' her on the chair (tho she does protest some). The chair is right next to my couch where I can sit with her. A few times she has jumped over to the couch to say hello, and then back to the chair. I'm so honored that she wants to be in the same room with me rather than hiding under the piano.

She has been sitting with me since +10. I think she has been gearing up and settling in for the big hockey game tonight! She is still indecisive as to the red or pink dress. The pink one is kinda worn out. I showed her the yellow, in case she wants to stand out a bit.

18. carolynandlatte

Oh Gosh! This girl just came and laid next to me on the couch for the first time in 2.5yrs! The last time she did this was on the first night we moved into this place. we snuggled together. It was as if she was trying to tell me it would be okay (we had an undesired, abrupt move).

Now I need a kleenex and they are in the other room. I think the roll of paper towel may have to do.

Sorry for the random story. But this is HUGE! Unless of course she is just trying to get herself out of any more meds and pokes because she knows I dont want to move and disturb the moment. :lol:

19. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

I love that Latte is feeling good enough to lie next to you on the couch! These are the moments that make it all worthwhile, aren't they?

20. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

I'd say she just loves her mama bean and wants to let her know that tonight in a special way. I'm glad you shared that story. It put a huge smile on my face.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.