2/25 Rusty AMPS 319, +5.5 95, +9.5 177, PMPS 239, +4.5 151

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA), Feb 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Good afternoon L&LL,

Rusty continues to bounce and drop on this skinny 0.5 Unit dose. I can't figure out if it's too much or too little. Also I don't know if the steroid shot he got on 8 January (Depo Medrol 20mg) is still influencing his blood glucose (or has changed something in his body so that his blood glucose will always be unpredictable). Maybe the transdermal Prednisolone that he got on 3 February, 4 February, and 13 Feb., 14 Feb. is still affecting his blood glucose, too. (The Pred on 13 and 14 Feb. is what caused him to have such a horrendous reaction that we thought he was going to die and were on the verge of having him euthanized. Fortunately what turned out to be a reaction began to disappear on 15 Feb.) Anyway, we plow on ahead.

Rusty is having a low-key day today. His appetite is good and his breathing is good. He has spent the day sleeping. The beans are getting their stuff ready for the snowshoe/ski picnic tomorrow. We will have a group of 8, maybe 9. Should be fun if the snow is still reasonable. It poured all night last night.

Wishing all a good evening,

Kako & Tux and Anne & Zener GA like this.
  2. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Yup, I can relate, I have the same situation with Boomer.

3. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Always nice to hear that Rusty is doing well! Hope you have a good ski tomorrow!

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Rusty is doing well. I hope you can figure out what his dose needs to be. Have fun tomorrow.

5. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Rusty's breathing is a bit rough this evening. It could be owing to the damp, mild weather.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.