2/25 Zoot! AMPS=91; +4=97; +7=66; +11 vomited; PMPS=118, +2=81; +4=65;+5.5=77

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Cinnie Cole, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

Briere Fur Mom and LilTurkey like this.
  2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I know it's tough when they're surfing and you have all this testing to do...but oh it's so worth it!

I do hope he'll stay safe and surf all day. Looking great there Zoot!

Si am cat mom and LilTurkey like this.
  3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Nice bit of surfing going on!!

I would keep an eye on Zoot's numbers. It's a judgement call regarding whether you should reduce the dose after the 46 last night or if the drop was a result of the depot being a bit full and not having caught up to the dose reduction.

You need to manually color your PM +3 from last night. Also, what does "=9.5=162" mean on Monday at AM +2?

Si am cat mom likes this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Good job handling things last night. I hope Zoot surfs safely today.

5. toomanycats

toomanycats Member

Go zoot go!

6. Briere Fur Mom

Briere Fur Mom Well-Known Member

Looking good Zoot! Wonderful AMPS:D
    I hope you can recoup a lil more sleep today!
    Have a wonderful day Cinnie!:)

7. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

I didn't manually color because the 20 min later test was higher (60) so wasn't certain which color green to use. Now I know :). =9.5=162 was a typo. I will fix.

I don't plan to reduce the dose yet - he is at 1.0 unit and if it requires additional monitoring I will do that tonight. Would like to get enough days under the belt at 1.0 to determine whether we were seeing the depot effect. I think his body really wants to do its own work, producing-insulin-wise. He's such a great cat to deal with.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    Briere Fur Mom likes this.
  8. Si am cat mom

Si am cat mom Well-Known Member

Looks like a great cycle :)

9. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

He ate some paper off the floor and threw it up. I think if I give him some small amount of food at +9 maybe that will satisfy him until PMPS. It seems like vomiting causes his BG to go up a bit - is that possible?

10. Briere Fur Mom

Vomiting causes my kitties Bg #s to rise. Moey will also eat things when he's hungry while being fasted for AMPS/PMPS. I started giving him access to cat grass during this period...if he's acting nauseous, vomited bile or is really hunting for food. The cat grass has no carbs so, I don't think it's a problem to offer it....I could be wrong. Anywho, that's what I do for Moey when he's getting ancy for food.

Cinnie Cole likes this.
  11. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

That confirms my thinking (which could be equally wrong :)). It's the same situation for us - before PMPS or while fasting. I also wondered about cat grass. I might try it if anyone here responds.

12. Briere Fur Mom

Yeah, I don't want to misinform you in any way. Cat grass might be a no no too. I only use it occasionally and very sparingly the 2 hours prior to AMPS/PMPS.

13. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

Yeah - I got that - that's why I posed the question in my subject - hoping we get an answer from the more experienced members.

Briere Fur Mom likes this.
  14. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

What is your cat vomiting? Is it clear foamy liquid. If so, this is probably due to excess stomach acid and a snack or spreading food out over the cycle may help.

Bile is yellowish and foul smelling. Vomiting bile is a trip to the vet.

It's not normal for cats to vomit regularly. Slippery Elm Bark may help.

15. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

Not a clear foamy liquid, and not yellowish at all. We have had many cats over the years with other chronic conditions (kidney disease, a kidney transplant kitty, cancer(s), hyperthyroidism, etc.) - so we are pretty familiar with many forms of vomit :-(. This actually looks like food that has been broken down in the stomach, but has not been digested - he typically looks uncomfortable only immediately before he vomits and tends to recover within 10-15 minutes.

We have a question in with our vet, but he is out a few days. Do you think maybe we should try Slippery Elm Bark now or wait for our Vet to get back to us?

16. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

Any thoughts on giving him cat grass?

17. Si am cat mom

I don't know about cat grass either ... sorry
    I would feed him a bit though since he has this pattern of dropping at that +3
    Maybe you can get him a little bump before he heads down...?

Cinnie Cole and Briere Fur Mom like this.
  18. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

Yep! Just gave him a snack!

Si am cat mom and Briere Fur Mom like this.
  19. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

@Sienne and Gabby (GA) Need a check on next steps - he is at +4=65. Seems to be doing well. Normally he is past his usual "dip" at +3. He just had a tbsp of food. I doubt he needs another test, but what do you think? I would like to give him as much of a break from testing as I can.

Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  20. Briere Fur Mom

I don't think the post tagged her...her name doesn't look highlighted in blue. Or it appears that way on my computer:rolleyes:

21. Si am cat mom

looks good :)
    goodnight

22. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Sienne is an east coaster, early riser. Likely asleep when you tagged her.

I have one kitty that vomits when she gets cat grass, so no good for her. Fresh catnip is supposed to be good for digestion. Or at least that's what my cats tell me.

Being on my third cat with GI issues that manifested first by vomiting :rolleyes:, I'd suggest a discussion with the vet. Seems he's vomiting more than normal.

Cinnie Cole and Si am cat mom like this.
  23. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

I was sleep!

I always cat grass could cause a cat to vomit.