2/28 Max AMPS/PMPS 388/383 - How long can I give Cerenia?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Giomax, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Giomax

Giomax Member

Another long work stretch! I'm not able to test at random points during the day when I have these. I'm not sure how Max is doing mid-cycle, but his morning and evening pre-shot numbers haven't been great. I'll do a curve next time I'm off and up him either by .25 or .5

Question! I have been giving Max 4mg Cerenia every 24 hrs for a week now, ever since his last hospital visit. The vet said she wants to "treat aggressively" for 4-6 weeks until his next ultrasound. Does that mean Cerenia and Buprenex every day until then? He hasn't vomited even once since being on the Cerenia, which makes me happy. Should I skip it one day while I'm home to monitor and see how he does? Or since we're "treating" his pancreas issue aggressively, should he stay on it?

2. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

I do not know the answer to the cerenia question so I am responding to bump your thread up. Did your vet give you enough of cerenia and bupr to last 4-6 weeks?

Giomax and LizzieInTexas like this.
  3. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  4. Giomax

Giomax Member

She gave me quite a bit of Cerenia, but not enough Bupe to last. I'm pretty sure the Bupe is safe to give daily (or twice daily) though.

5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

You can give Cerenia as long as it’s needed.

Giomax likes this.
  6. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

You can definitely try and see how Max does without cerenia (and hoard the rest for later date hah). My vet also said cerenia also works a bit like an anti-inflammatory.

You can give bupe up to every 8 hours. I've been given the go ahead to give Ming twice as much bupe as prescribed every 8 hours if he's having a flare up.