2/8 Spicey Update

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by tajana340, Feb 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tajana340

tajana340 Member

Hi Guys, Sorry I haven't posted in a while busy with work. Spicey has been doing really good with .6 unit dosing. I have never seen her act more normal in a long time. I have to get her more insulin and I am worried that they might not have the Pzi Idexx so we may have to switch to Prozinc. I should find out later today what is going on. If I remember ProZinc is the replacement For PZI?

David

2. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi David,
    I'm glad to hear that Spicey is doing so well. It always makes us feel better when our kitties get back to normal. Here's a link to a series of posts with links to purchase ProZinc: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=4645

Hope Spicey continues to do well.

3. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

My bet is that you will not be able to find any more PZI Vet. Thus you will need to do the switch. I think I held off on the switch too long because I ended up with just a few doses left in my old bottle and I would have liked at least a few weeks worth as a backup.

My experience with the switch went basically fine. But you do need to approach it as changing to a new insulin. That means testing - so make sure to have your supply of strips. Getting some mini-curves [at least] and watching closely and adjusting as needed. In our case things shifted around a little then seemed to smooth out after a while to be pretty much like to old PZI Vet. We are at a higher dose now than before but that trend actually started right before the switch and may be caused by other things.

So no reason to worry. And to assuage your worries a clinical trial has been done on cats that switched on a 1:1 dose from PZI Vet which worked out well.

Also if you do get from online, the bigger online places have coupon codes at http://www.retailmenot.com that can soften the shipping blow. Even though I hat 800 pet meds 'cuz they are so aggressive they will price match and have $5 off coupons that would basically take the shipping down to $15. Or you might be able to get the $80 atoz place to mach the total price that 800 pet meds would come out to?

Please keep us posted on how your switch goes and your impressions.

Good to hear you guys are doing well. :smile:

4. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad she is doing well, thanks for the update! :) The PZI Vet would last for ages I would think? Unless I guess maybe she has been on it a while? Anyhow, nice to know she is starting to act more normal. It is great when that happens - I remember the first time Bix started playing again after months of not doing that... it was awesome! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.