2/9 Archie Pmps 239 - to shoot or not to shoot?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by cmb, Feb 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmb

cmb Member

Archie is finally out of the constant bouncing - now his pmps is 239 - should I give half dose or nothing or normal? I’ll be at home so I’ll be able to monitor... thank you!

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Shoot!!!....the scheduled dose

If you're concerned, get a +2....that can give you an "early warning" if he's planning on going lower later in the cycle

cmb likes this.
  3. cmb

cmb Member

Thank you for the quick response @Chris & China !

4. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Once you have a little data and are able to home test reliably, we will tell you to shoot anything over 150.

If he happens to get a PS under 150, you should stall, DON'T feed and test again in about 20-30 minutes. Use that time to post for help.

If the number goes up in that 20-30 minutes, it's usually going to be OK to go ahead and shoot because the last shot is wearing off. That's why we don't want you to feed when you're stalling....so you can know that they're really going up without the influence of food

Eventually, as you learn more about how he responds to food and insulin, you'll learn to shoot lower and lower numbers ....I'll shoot China if she's above 50 (on a human meter) but that was only after I had lots of data on her

cmb likes this.
  5. cmb

cmb Member

Thank you - this is so helpful!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.