2 weeks later still kinda high

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jacque- Tiger & Jazz Man, Jun 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacque- Tiger & Jazz Man

Jacque- Tiger & Jazz Man Member

Jazz-Man is 16yrs. old showing beginning stage of pancreatitis which has resulted in diabetes.A friend donated ReliOn Confirm meter, lancets and strips. I'm new to testing and the diabetes lingo, sorry for laymans terms. Jazz is on U40 Vetsulin using a U100 syringe filling it to the 4th line. Which I've been told according to the conversion chart he's on 1.6 units. I've been checking his glucose daily to monitor his readings. It looks like before he eats breakfast it's 350-400. After he eats the range is 350-450, basically the same. Then I give him insulin and check again 7 or 8 hrs later the range is 300-400. Dinnertime is close to the same as breakfast. Thinking I should give him the next line up dose, right?

2. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Veronica & Babu-chiri Well-Known Member

First of all Welcome!!
    And Congratulations on testing at home !!

You need to be very very patient regulating a cat takes time so hang in there

It would help a lot for everyone if they could see your test results that way is easier to give an opinion

Here we use a spreasheet that is great since it allows you to keep track and see trends and how he's doing, here are the instructions on how to set it up and use it http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/fdmb-spreadsheet-instructions.130337/

I don't have much experience with Vetsulin so hopefully someone that uses it will take a look soon

3. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum.

It is hard for us to give advice based on some one or two day observations. I hope you are able to get the spreadsheet going. You are in the right place and we can help. But we really need more info to establish dosing patterns.

4. Jacque- Tiger & Jazz Man

Jacque- Tiger & Jazz Man Member

I just found the spreadsheet, I'll see if I can figure out what I'm doing.

Veronica & Babu-chiri likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.