2018.03.06 - Emmett - Fur Shot :( [dose advice needed after fur shot?]

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Rob W. & Emmett, Mar 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob W. & Emmett

Rob W. & Emmett Member

Previous day: (http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...igh-numbers-this-morning.192119/#post-2144418)

So yesterday night I’m 98% sure that I got a 100% fur shot ...I rubbed it this time like in the videos and definitely insulin was there...how much — I dunno. I didn’t shoot again. I will do it like I was before ...clearing his fur to find skin before I shoot.

Anyway, my question is. Since I was on the 6th cycle I was thinking of going up to 2.25 iu, but since this fur shot some of the Lantus “store” or whatever it’s called has no doubt been depleated. Should I wait another 6 cycles before increasing?

2. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Sorry about the fur shot, they sure are frustrating! Typically the count starts over with a furshot, however, you've held this dose for a long time and it's done little, because of that I'm more concerned with glucose toxicity than a depleted depot. It's been 12 cycles (13 counting today), each day has 2 cycles which are 12 hours each. Change the title of this thread to something like "dose advice needed after fur shot" and put the ? icon on it and get some more opinions.

Elizabeth B likes this.
  3. Rob W. & Emmett

Rob W. & Emmett Member

Ok, good advice. Changing the title. I also, was thinking that. And since I don't believe those low numbers have crept up again, I think 2.25 would be a good idea.

Rob

4. Rob W. & Emmett

Rob W. & Emmett Member

21 year old cat Stacy! Wow. He/she? kinda looks like Emmett!

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  5. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry about the fur shot interested on seeing the answer to the dose.

Hope Emmet makes a quick recovery from the fs.

6. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

7. Elizabeth B

Elizabeth B Member

I would agree with the increase. You haven’t seen a number low enough to indicate you’re headed for trouble with an increase. Though, knowing you’re rebuilding your depot, you might hold the new dose an extra cycle or two. Just my two cents.

Do you have any idea what else could have inspired those couple greens you saw a few days ago? Less food, more exercise?

8. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

I'm inclined to go with the increase, too. I would keep close tabs because of those greens Elizabeth mentioned, though.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  9. Rob W. & Emmett

Rob W. & Emmett Member

Well. I’m not sure what inspired those. I wish I knew which food I fed him but I don’t believe it was relevant. That day I fed him 1/4 can at 4:30-5pm went for a drive to the cottage. Around 6:30 pm (half way to cottage) I checked his bg, it was at 14 or so, so I gave home the shot (knowing I fed him about an hour or so ago). Then around 8pm I gave him his other quarter can (he was at 10mmol/L). And it just kept going until 3.4mmol.

Haha, I wish I knew. Maybe it was just coincidence. Maybe it was the insulin dose 1.5 hrs after feeding? Hmmm.

10. Rob W. & Emmett

Rob W. & Emmett Member

I increased to 2.25 iu. We’ll wait and see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.