2018.04.15 | Emmett • DOSE ADVICE? | AMPS • 331 | +3 • 310 | +6 • 304

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Rob W. & Emmett, Apr 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob W. & Emmett

Rob W. & Emmett Member

Previous post (April 13)

Hey all, Emmett has been bouncing I guess or it's just the cottage (maybe he can't relax?).

As ya'll remember, he did go pretty low on April 12 (PM cycle • hit 41).

So, I'm in the 5th cycle since then and he still seems pretty flat, but not green or blue -- I've had one blue since the April 12th cycle.

After April 12, I went from 3.75 units down to 3.5 due to the 41 BG reading. So should I wait until this bounce clears a bit or go back to 3.75 units?

Also! Happy times! I got new needles which are MUCH easier to use! Hopefully no more fur shots.

I had 12.7mm (or 1/2" needles - Monoject - 29G x 1/2")

I got some super nice ones (at least I think so), the markings on the side are much easier to read and it's easier to see the 0.25 increments (the plunger seems flatter inside).

I got BD Ultra-Fine II, 3/10 mL, 8mm (5/16") 31G

So, they're shorter and thinner. You just tent, jam into kitteh (kitteh smiles), and inject.

https://www.diabetesexpress.ca/syri...rafine-syringe-310cc-320440-100box-p-978.html

Great price too! I was paying double at the vet for Monoject.

Anyway, need some advice for tonights dose. I dose around 6:00 pm

@Wendy&Neko
    @Stacy & Asia
    @Bobbie And Bubba
    @carfurby
    @Sienne and Gabby (GA)
    @Tracey&Jones
    @Christie & Maverick
    @Mandy & Rex
    @Red & Rover (GA)
    @Gill & George

Thx,

R

2. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hi Rob. He really is flat, which could indicate a drop in a cycle or two. I think I would give him 6 cycles to clear ETA: Especially if he starts to go down again by PMPS If he hasn't made his way back into the greens by the end of tonight's cycle to go back up to 3.75 tomorrow.

Glad you scored some nicer and more affordable syringes. The vet's office always marks everything up.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Tonight is the sixth cycle. Looks like Emmett gets an increase tomorrow.

The BD syringes are the only kind I could find in pharmacies. Safewsy was the cheapest, but Costco and Canadian Superstore were close second.

4. Rob W. & Emmett

Rob W. & Emmett Member

Never thought to try costco!

I didn’t increase this morning. He was at 189 AMPS, I will see how the day goes. Maybe an increase tonight.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.