21-Feb: Tyler &M : AMPS 331:+5=250 :+10=313 :PMPS=281

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by PussCatPrince - GA, Feb 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

Yesterday condo

Cyclone was a damp squib compared to the last one two weeks ago , thank goodness. All good here but likely some damaging flooding elsewhere.

...edit...

Got that a bit wrong then. All good for me. Not all good for the area.
    See my post below.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  2. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

Myagi (GA) and Heidi Well-Known Member

3. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Glad you are okay and didn’t end up in Heidi’s garden (although it would have been nice to visit, I’m guessing getting there by blowing house would not have been so fun). :p

How’s Ty feeling today? When does he get to throw away the cone of shame? Need a poo report, you know, we are in the secret poo photo club, poo reporting is part of the membership requirement! ;)

Myagi (GA) and Heidi likes this.
  4. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

Thanks @Stacy & Asia
    I'm feeling a little bit blue around the edges which isn't really me.
    The area has been declared a state of emergency & civil defence urban search and rescue are actually asking the non-operational members, like Phil, and other trainees to lend their time to assist over the next 3 days. That means leave time from work, either as holiday days or unpaid.
    Our house and property is fine and the surrounding ones seem OK to but I can hear the helicopters flying to and fro out there. We are back from any roading on a back section so cannot hear any utility vehicles. Roads are blocked and closed again. I think there must be extensive flooding.

Ty seems fine enough. He sat in his soft brown poop this morning so a struggle to get him cleaned up . Cone is still on . Inner eyelid still stitched up . No call from the vet but they may well be over-run right now so I shan't hold it against them but I will need to phone in if I hear nothing by this afternoon.

The diet is troubling . So is the insulin dose and BG readings. I feel it is all out of control really & not sure which way to jump. I do not wish and in fact must not alienate this vet as I do feel he will listen , which many here will not but I need to open that dialogue at the right time so that he also feels heard. Whilst the eye thing and the pancreatitis thing is going on , I feel it too soon and that it needs to be out of the way first.

The poop is soft , round , neither formed logs nor diarrhea. I have been taking daily photos. Close ups. :eek: . Thought it might help the vet with his big thinks ..and he does think .

Maybe they haven't phoned as the last round of blood results are not yet back. The pancreatitis one goes offshore . The others down to Christchurch - (the city hit by the quake 2011 & still not really rebuilt with people still in damaged homes) - but that area would have also been hit by this last storm with businesses shut etc so it might be the lab is/was also not open.

I dunno. I really do not know at the moment what to do for the best.

5. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

You have a lot going on, sometimes it helps to have a good cry or feel blue for a minute. :bighug:

I get a good kick in the get every time I get lab results back, then have to remind myself the cat in front of me is what I’m dealing with and the numbers are what they are. Hard to do when the cat in front of you isn’t having the best day. All things considered, you thought you might lose Ty just a short time ago and he is home with you now. Even tiny improvements are improvements. And soft poo is better than runny poo! ;)

Oh I saw yesterday toom the dialated pupils could be a wee too much temgesic, Asia is on it as well, we call it buprenex, but the initial starting dose the vet prescribed was too high and she had that saucer eye thing going on. I gave her a tad less and eyes back to normal.

Tricky on the vet, I totally understand where you are coming from with that, but it’s frustrating to feel like your hands are tied with the diabetes stuff since it’s one of the few things we have a bit of control over when it comes to our multiple ailment geriatric cats. :( I hope the dialog continues and I’m sure when you are ready to broach the subject, he will listen and likely try to support you. It sounds like he’s a clever fellow. I’m sure if there’s anyone outside of our little club that will appreciate the poo photos, it is the vet! I hope he can figure out something as to why it’s all happening and Ty can go back to having a bit more dignity with bathroom matters, although I’m certain the pediatric theme cone of shame is far more humiliating at the present time. :eek:

Sounds like a proper mess over there and the storm will take precedence over all other things for the immediate future. I’m glad the community is coming together to help. I hope things get somewhat back to normal soon. And lots of these for you, Ty and Phil in the meantime. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Myagi (GA) and Heidi likes this.
  6. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

:bighug: Sorry you are feeling down today. Glad your house wasn't affected by the latest storms. I understand how frustrating it can be when the furry one in your life has many issues going on at the same time. Hope you can talk to the vet soon to develop a plan of action on which issues should be addressed first. :bighug:

PussCatPrince - GA likes this.
  7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad you are safe after the cyclone. I hope the community gets the help it needs and recovers quickly.

I hope you can connect with the vet and come up with a plan for Ty.

Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

8. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Good to hear that cyclone gita was less fearsome than was forecast for your area. Sorry you’ve been feeling blue today. You’ve had a lot on your plate, and the storms that have had an impact on the vets, communication, and lab test results add to the load. Deep breaths, M. All will work out.

Hope your vet can help ascertain whether the recent observations (saucer eyed, resisting doses, etc) if tamgesic (bupe being opioid and the active ingredient) and/ or its dosage is causing the issues. Over the years, a few of my cats have been on bupe post-op (dental surgeries and eye surgery) I associated the saucer-eyed effect to the bupe, bc once the anesthesia and post-op pain meds cleared and I could reduce the dosage amount and to as needed, the wobbles and eye dilation returned to normal. Though eye dilation or constriction can be symptoms of pain, I have only seen the dilation / saucer eyed response with pain meds and in post-op situations.
    Idk if you are amenable to alternative remedies but I found that giving certain homeopathics that target pain to be helpful, particularly so for Azalea after her surgeries including eye removal surgery.
    Some years ago and in her youth, Azalea had a nasty corneal tear (the other eye); vet stitched closed the inner eye lids so that it could heal. If I’m remembering correctly, I had to apply some kind of drops to help keep the site clean and lubricated. Is it possible that in addition to post op pain, that the site is feeling dry and irritated? I think you mentioned that vet gave you drops to apply after stitches removed. Maybe an inquiry to vet re if appropriate and if so, other kind of drops to apply before stitches removed? If that is doable, it might help and reduce or eliminate the need for opioids.

Idk about the return of puddle poo, albeit semi-puddle poo. Did Ty get tired of/ go off the rice water addition to food? If I’m remembering correctly, it helped recently. Hope the lab results come back soon.

Hope tomorrow will be a better day for you both:bighug:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    PussCatPrince - GA likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.